Walmart?

Smith

Now I love Walmart and think they are the last bastion of true free market enterprise,:P but what's up with the Franklin Wally world? went in to get some 9mm Blazer and luckily they had 3 boxes. I said i'd take them and the lady said only one box of any given manufacturers ammo at a time! What!? She said it was corporate policy and pointed to the sign saying they reseved the right to limit quanity. She did let me buy one box of blazer and one WWB. Never heard of that or experienced that at any other Walmart. What gives?;)

BTW - please don't turn this into a we hate/love Walmart thing.:koolaid:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard from distributors - and the other FFL's here may be able to shed a little more light on it than I (I just got the jist of it from Dennis) - CCI/Speer is rationing ammo right now, mandating that distributors can only sell so much ammo to one dealer at a time. Walmart & other large box stores may be tied up in that as well.

Guest GUTTERbOY

One box is better than no boxes. I haven't been to the ammo counter the last few weeks, but the last time I was there, the store here wasn't doing a limit... and no boxes was what you were likely to find in any particular caliber. From what the clerk told me, he'd get a shipment, put it out, and then turn around and sell every bit of it by the end of the day.

Finding what you were looking for was pretty much luck of the draw.

Same experience at the franklin wally world. Funny, the guy working the counter at the same time as this woman let a guy buy two boxes (what was left) of particular ammo. I go to Dick's in Mt. Juliet and buy all I want. Same for Lebanon Walmart (when they have stock).

Guest JHatmaker

Cool Springs Wal-Mart is hit and miss on limiting ammo. Sometimes they'll let me get all I want, sometimes they limit me to 200 rounds.

Academy Sports in both Rivergate and Cool Springs have tons of Monarch 9mm, and aren't limiting whatsoever. I asked for some and the guy said how many rounds, I replied "how many can I get", and he said, "we've got a whole palet in the back if you want". I was back there a few days later and he told another woman the same thing, no limit.

I've never had any issues with Monarch, so if you're wanting to stock, the jigs up!

Cool Springs Wal-Mart is hit and miss on limiting ammo. Sometimes they'll let me get all I want, sometimes they limit me to 200 rounds.

Academy Sports in both Rivergate and Cool Springs have tons of Monarch 9mm, and aren't limiting whatsoever. I asked for some and the guy said how many rounds, I replied "how many can I get", and he said, "we've got a whole palet in the back if you want". I was back there a few days later and he told another woman the same thing, no limit.

I've never had any issues with Monarch, so if you're wanting to stock, the jigs up!

I've been to both Academy's over the last two days and neither have anything but a very limited amount of WWB (read maybe 500 rnds between them) and Franklin had a couple of boxes of Winchesters new SD stuff.

Guest JHatmaker
I've been to both Academy's over the last two days and neither have anything but a very limited amount of WWB (read maybe 500 rnds between them) and Franklin had a couple of boxes of Winchesters new SD stuff.

Wow! They must have sold out in a week then, because this past Saturday they had plenty....

Guest coldblackwind

I bought a box of 9mm at the murfreesboro walmart (only box on the shelf) and the guy pulled 2 more out from under the counter, and went out of his way to convince me to buy them too.

Guest Metal

I have been watching all the good online ammo stores all week. Every time I find some 9mm I want to buy it is gone by time I go to pay for it... I did however manage to order 1000 rounds of Speer Lawman .115. Also as I am typing this I have just won 100 rounds of Winchester Ranger 9mm Luger +P+ 115 grain Jacketed Hollow Point bullets on Gun Broker. As things are going I think I got a fair deal on those as well..

Nate,

I stopped by Dicks in Cool Springs about an hour ago and the had quite a bit of 9mm. Some was 14.99(forgot the brand) and the UMC Remington was on sale for 11.98. Not the best price I have seen but they had it on the shelves.

Academy is still out.

Guest superdrew4000

I got a case of of the .45 acp Remington UMC at the Dick's in Murfreesboro the other day. Not a great price, 18 bucks a box, but I took 500 rounds just because it was there.

They had no .40 s&w whatsoever though.

Guest Traumaslave

Madisonville Wally World has no limit. Nice lady even went into the back to get me some that hadn't been put out yet. Their prices are still the best around. Hell, tell me where you can get .223 for $400/k.