Kidney stone. *update 11/16

37 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

... I've thrown up everything I've eaten since the 80s. ...

馃ぃ聽 聽I'm not laughing at your suffering, but that was funny!聽 Good to see you still have your sense of humor. Hope you're feeling better very soon.

45 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

Right now, the wee barstard is somewhere between my kidney & bladder & is giving me fits. The pain is 1% of what it was, but I still can't move around well. I have THE worst trapped gas & I've thrown up everything I've eaten since the 80s. I can't bear to be upright (sitting or standing) for more than 20 minutes at a time & I haven't had solid food since Tuesday night.聽

I'm told that once it clears the Ureta & gets into my bladder properly, I should be golden. But that could take several days.聽

Dam Son.png

• Haha 1

(Answering to another forum)

"Hey Rob, did it pass yet? "

I literally just got back from the urologist about an hour ago. Nope, the little bastard is still Shawshanking its way from my kidney to my bladder.
I've had a cluster of other complications though. 6 days of constipation as a result of the painkillers basically left me non- functional for 23 hours a day until this morning. That resolved itself quite emphatically at 10:15 this morning (my butt actually made a noise like "puh POW!") & the rush of immediate relief literally brought me to tears.
I haven't eaten anything more substantial than a Jello cup since 8pm last Tuesday & at this mornings weigh in, I've dropped 18lb since then.

All of this stems from drinking far too much, for far too long, getting a scare & just stopping dead. My urologist gave me a particular stem, yet caring talking to, showed me his chip & explained that I'm basically a freaking idiot. My body went into 'dependency' mode & decided to hang on to all the toxins I've been faithfully supplying it for the last 4 or 5 years, creating the perfect environment for a stone to form, grow & release in super record time. Throw in an opioid pain killer (which I've always fought against & persistently refused) & I had a kind of gastrointestinal cascade effect. Nothing could go anywhere & all the toxins I'd accumulated just sat in place working their nasty magic.

Soooo......yeah. Life's been kind of a painful, vomit fueled ####show for the past week.

Bright side though, I should pass it any time now & once it's gone, I'm told, my system is clean & clear.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Garufa said:

What is the point of trapping the stone once it鈥檚 passed? 聽So the Doctor can admire it or for you not to bust the commode when it comes out?

Collection for possible testing. There are several different types of stones & knowing whether it's a calcium vs uric acid stone will point the way to future mitigation.聽

• Like 2