carry with a round chambered??

Guest Rem_700

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sir, are a brave man. I keep the magazine in one pocket and the glock on the opposite side of my body in the holster...just to keep from shooting my butt. Glocks are dangerous!;)

+1

I don't even load my Glock magazine, just in case it jumps into the gun, chambers a round, and shoots me in the ass.

Guest db99wj
+1

I don't even load my Glock magazine, just in case it jumps into the gun, chambers a round, and shoots me in the ass.

You must have Plexico Burres's gun that he was using in that youtube video.

Guest m&pc9

When I first got my permit I did not have one in the chamber. After about a month I felt comfortable and now I always have one in the chamber.

Guest Mudlizard

OK, let me be the first one who says they dont have one in the chamber. I'll tell ya why before all you fellas have a caniption fit and call me names.

I have a S&W Compact........and on it there is no safety. When a round is in the chamber the hammer is ready to fire and its pointing right at my Skippy. (I like a cross draw) I am not comfortable with that at all. I need my Skippy for ocasional recreation. I am not going to shoot it off when it takes a second to pull the slide back and chamber a round.

OK.................Flame suit on!!

OK, let me be the first one who says they dont have one in the chamber. I'll tell ya why before all you fellas have a caniption fit and call me names.

I have a S&W Compact........and on it there is no safety. When a round is in the chamber the hammer is ready to fire and its pointing right at my Skippy. (I like a cross draw) I am not comfortable with that at all. I need my Skippy for ocasional recreation. I am not going to shoot it off when it takes a second to pull the slide back and chamber a round.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure I'd rather risk losing my skippy then die. And my XD doesn't have any (manual) safeties, if I can't mechanically trust a gun not to fire when I haven't pulled the trigger I'm sure as hell not going to carry it.

Okay i will give my input. YES, YES, and YES always have one in the chamber. A gun is useless as a firearm without one in the hole ready to go. This is NOT Hollywood where you have time to draw your gun and make that lovely 'racking the slide' sound so that everyone can know that you mean business :bored:. I mean hell, if you were trying to conceive would you want your little johnny pecker to be shooting blanks? I think not! Okay.....maybe that was not that good of an analogy ;):D

My personal recommendation would be to swap that thing in for something with a thumb safety (like a USP, 1911, or one of the newer M&Ps) that will give you piece of mind. Keep in mind, you'll need a spare hand to rack that slide (yeah, yeah, yeah... there's ways to do it with one hand, but in all practicality, he'll need his other hand), whereas a thumb safety is easily disengaged with one hand. :bored:

Guest justme
Well do ya?I haven't got my permit yet,but i was pondering the idea last night and wondered if anyone carries without a round chambered.

is there another way? Seriously, if something happens and you need the gun, then not having a round chambered is going to put you at a severe disadvantage to say the least.

Guest Jcochran88

YES! When I first started carrying I didn't. i started practicing at home drawing and chambering and it just took way to long. I now prefer draw and shoot!

Guest jackdog

That second you take to chamber can get you killed. By the way if your dead so is Mr. skippy:drama:

Guest Rem_700

Thanks guys for the input and making fun of me!!It all good though.I almost for got about making this post..But I will take everyone's advice and carry with one in the hole ready to go!When you stop and think about it,it doesn't really make sense not to carry with one chambered,cause the bad guy ain't going to give you time to rack the slide and chamber a round.BTW,im going to be carrying a Walther P99AS,it doesn't have a manuel saftey,and is DA only,but as the anti stress system on the first trigger pull.

Not going to flame, but I would highly recommend you find a firearm you can trust. Afterall, you are trusting your LIFE with it.

There are too many possible scenarios which you'd be unable to rack your slide, or unable to rack your slide fast enough. That 1 second can be the difference between life and death. It wouldn't be the first time.

Edited by TripleDigitRide