Sig p365x macro tacops sight numbers

I just got one. Front sight is a #6 and the rear is #5. I haven't used sights on my old carry gun for years. I feel like a new shooter with this gun. I love the feel, but I don't want to learn how to shoot it. I want to adapt it to how I shoot. My understanding is that it is supposed to have #6 and #6. I'll need the sights for at least the first 2k rounds or until my muscle memory takes over. 

What sight numbers do y'all have on your guns. 

The short answer is, I don’t know  🤷‍♂️ 

Not trying to be funny but could not find that info on sig talk forum

I do know that a simple call to Sig tech support will likely answer your question. Be sure you have s/n as I think the rear sight changed with the optics plate on some 365’s

Good luck and enjoy!

28 minutes ago, JustEd said:

The short answer is, I don’t know  🤷‍♂️ 

Not trying to be funny but could not find that info on sig talk forum

I do know that a simple call to Sig tech support will likely answer your question. Be sure you have s/n as I think the rear sight changed with the optics plate on some 365’s

Good luck and enjoy!

I have an email in with Sig, but I will not get an answer until Monday...maybe. Just figured I'd be a chance someone with one could take a second to look at theirs. 

• Like 1

Yup-Sig is getting where they have to change things up continuously-

The Tac Ops sights are entirely different than on the X and XL-

At one time Sig only had a couple of P365 models-

Now with the larger Macro, I am wondering if they have entirely forgotten the initial purpose of the P365-

Ability to keep a pistol on your side 365 days a year-

Sig will probably be the one to answer your question right-

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, NashvilleStage said:

My X-macro (non-ported) has a 6 on the front and an 8 on the rear.

What do the numbers mean? Sight height?

They correspond to the dimensions of the sight. Sig has a chart. Apparently the 5 I posted is the mold number not the sight number. If I find a 6 where the Sig told me to look, I'll be getting an 8 rear also. 

Words cannot express how much I hate the sighting method for this gun. It would be a much better firearm if the sights were removed, placed in a box with a steaming turd, and sent back to Sig. Having to move the gun to see impacts on target is ridiculous. Sig told me they designed the sights this way. Obviously they want you to shoot a bad guy in the d#$k.

I've replaced the X trigger that was obviously designed for someone that gets sexualy aroused by creep. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 5:52 AM, Alleycat72 said:

Words cannot express how much I hate the sighting method for this gun. It would be a much better firearm if the sights were removed, placed in a box with a steaming turd, and sent back to Sig. Having to move the gun to see impacts on target is ridiculous. Sig told me they designed the sights this way. Obviously they want you to shoot a bad guy in the d#$k.

I've replaced the X trigger that was obviously designed for someone that gets sexualy aroused by creep. 

My feelings about my 365x aren’t as strong as yours, but I really enjoyed this post. 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/23/2023 at 5:52 AM, Alleycat72 said:

I'm now wondering if I didn't make the right decision to sell mine. LOL!

Of course. you are much more knowledgable on all firearms than I am...NO BOVINE EXCREMENT...I'm pretty much a buy it and shoot it sort of guy. And if a reasonable amount of effort doesn't correct any issues or misgivings I might have with one...it's gone! 

The solution for your problem is simple. Get a 1911 and forget all the other crap!

4 hours ago, hipower said:

I'm now wondering if I didn't make the right decision to sell mine. LOL!

Of course. you are much more knowledgable on all firearms than I am...NO BOVINE EXCREMENT...I'm pretty much a buy it and shoot it sort of guy. And if a reasonable amount of effort doesn't correct any issues or misgivings I might have with one...it's gone! 

The solution for your problem is simple. Get a 1911 and forget all the other crap!

I got it fixed and shooting the way I shoot. I need to put 500-1000 more rounds down range until it feels more natural, but I feel better after changing a few things. I was shooting the XDM the other day and that gun is amazing, but I've worked on it too. It's just hard shoving that thing down your pants.

On 7/23/2023 at 6:52 AM, Alleycat72 said:

Words cannot express how much I hate the sighting method for this gun. … Obviously they want you to shoot a bad guy in the d#$k.

I literally spit up my drink and laughed at that last thing. 

The first time I encountered euro inspired ‘combat sights’ I felt the same way. What? You cover up what you want to hit? You mean so you can’t actually see what you’re hitting?  

No matter how many times I hear the rational over ‘target’ sight, its not a selling point.