M*carbo trigger

I contacted mcarbo about a trigger issue I had with one of their flat triggers. This is one of the responses. This is on a Sig p365x macro tacops. 

"Hello 
It is seen that this firearm is too small on your hands if you have this issue.
We recommend going to a compact or sub-compact."

• Confused 1
8 minutes ago, expendable said:

What was your issue?

I thought the 365X macro was considered a sub compact.

It is.

The trigger is longer than the original and at a slightly different angle. It slightly pitches my finger on the rest. After 30 rounds it becomes very distracting. I let them know about it. They said I was the only one that has this problem. Part of it issue is the way the gun is designed places your finger at the bottom of the trigger. 

• Like 1

I reshaped the trigger a bit. Just ran 350 rounds of bulk hand loads. About 90% of the issue is gone. Before I couldn't get 1 mag through the gun before I gave up. Most of the 350 were rapid fire. I'll probably do a bit more reshaping and polishing then call it a day. I'm finally getting to the point where I'd trust my life with the gun. 

• Like 1
On 7/28/2023 at 10:02 AM, Alleycat72 said:

It is.

The trigger is longer than the original and at a slightly different angle. It slightly pitches my finger on the rest. After 30 rounds it becomes very distracting. I let them know about it. They said I was the only one that has this problem. Part of it issue is the way the gun is designed places your finger at the bottom of the trigger. 

Don't have that particular gun and trigger setup, but it is not uncommon on micro & subs to experience trigger pinch.  Glad you have a solution to it.  Personally, I don't like flat triggers, but it seems to be the trend.

Nice group.  I am getting out of reloading, but have shot "MANY" thousand rounds of Xtreme Ballistics 124 gr plated round nose for practice.  The plated bullets are such a Godsend.  Lower cost than jacketed and cleaner to handle than plain lead.  Work with the powder a bit and get great accuracy.  I like Hodgdon Tite Group the best.

Well I got a normal response and I informed them that I voided the warranty.  LOL

It also went from 0 to 3.

"Good afternoon

I do apologize for my counter part. The P365 is a Micro compact, by going to a normal compact or sub-compact he is saying to go one size larger or 2 size larger. The reason he did that, was in our reports the only people whom have mentioned the trigger pinching their finger is Larger sized men whom have X large or bigger hands or really well aged people whom have softer hands. Which in all has been a total of 3 people that I know of since its release. If you are not experiencing this issue with an XDM (Compact) then it would seem 2 sizes larger may be the way to go for you. 

I will push this on to our engineers for them to look at and to keep track of incase there is a rise of pinching on the trigger. 

If you plan to modify the trigger to suit your need that is fine. You have purchased it and you should make any adjustments you feel necesary. With that in mind. I do have to mention once you modify the trigger it will no longer be covered under our warranty. "

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...