Ammo Stash

Posted (edited)

Most all Self Defense 38 Spl ammo, at Acadamy Sports, was around 1.90 per round yesterday. They did not have a large selection on the shelves. 

Edited to add; The Hornady 110 Gr + P Critical Defense was around 1.25 per round from S G Ammo. I had to order 250 rounds to get that price. 

Edited by pop pop
1 hour ago, pop pop said:

Most all Self Defense 38 Spl ammo, at Acadamy Sports, was around 1.90 per round yesterday. They did not have a large selection on the shelves. 

Edited to add; The Hornady 110 Gr + P Critical Defense was around 1.25 per round from S G Ammo. I had to order 250 rounds to get that price. 

Zoiks!!!!!!!!! Sure glad i reload.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Zoiks!!!!!!!!! Sure glad i reload.

Me too.

Glad you found the ammo you wanted @pop pop.

SG ammo is a great source, but sometimes I find better prices at Bone Frog Gun Club or Targetsports. It really depends on what a person needs or wants I guess.

Like Greg, I'm fortunate to be able to reload, otherwise my .32's and .38's would gather dust.

I want more firearms but I'm self imposing a parts and ammo diet for now. I feel fairly comfortable with my stash, but often think to myself, "what if that spring breaks?", so I'm starting to get at least one or two repair items for the guns I've deemed as my go-to. All the ammo in the world won't help if you have a broken extractor.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

I want more firearms but I'm self imposing a parts and ammo diet for now. I feel fairly comfortable with my stash, but often think to myself, "what if that spring breaks?", so I'm starting to get at least one or two repair items for the guns I've deemed as my go-to. All the ammo in the world won't help if you have a broken extractor.

or if you break off a screw head LOL

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

I've got a whole plastic divided tray full of Glock parts and another of S&W revolver parts & springs.

I could probably replace all the Glock internals twice over and I've definitely used out of both stashes over the years.

Great advice/suggestion Sir!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can't help with a broken screwhead. That would suk!  😳

I'm starting a Mossberg Shockwave box/kit as of 30 minutes ago. Have you seen how friggin' tiny the detent ball bearing is on a Mossberg safety? Good Grief!

Luckily the steel safety came with an extra. <sigh>

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

I've got a whole plastic divided tray full of Glock parts and another of S&W revolver parts & springs.

I could probably replace all the Glock internals twice over and I've definitely used out of both stashes over the years.

Great advice/suggestion Sir!

I found an AR lower I knew I had, but had forgotten about. Turns out I also had enough spare parts to build the lower w/out buying one single part. It was kind of satisfying. It DOES pay to save up spare parts.

• Like 2

Target sports had a fair deal not long ago on 9 mm and aguila 22 is fairly priced as of now I bought some before the first of the year and I checked the price again today The brand of 9 mm I bought is not available but the 22 is still and at a nickel a round and I've had good luck with aguila I'm not saying it's the best

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

These ammo price increases seem to happen once older stock finally sells out and the store has to re-order, then we see the higher prices. Lots of ammo still isn't moving or there is an obscene backstock at the distributor which takes time to burn through. Practically all of the sub $2/round 45-70 is gone as well as the sub $1/round 30-30 but all the popular calibers aren't moving all that quickly. The higher prices will trickle in when you aren't paying attention, like they always do.