Camping Solar Set ups

I have a  300w solar panels on my Kimberley Karavan and that is awesome letting me keep my Lithium batteries charged for days at a time
Some times I go with my Roof Top tent and have debated on a small solar setup. I do have dual batteries and when moving every few days that has kept the fridge running 24 hrs with no issues.

I am curious what some members have for small setups and what they can do with them. How small do they pack as well.

Edited by mjalmer89

have a few smaller jackery systems to run basic lights/charging/etc. while away from power.  They have been good to use and fairly quick to charge with a couple solar panels.  Also got a larger 1400W EcoFlow unit that can power a full size fridge/freezer in the event of a power outage.  So far have been happy with both.  The smaller units are probably shoe box size while the larger one is 2-3x the size and nearly 30lbs.

I have a small system in my Sheepwagon/camping trailer.  The 50 watt solar panels are in briefcase folding style.  Using a Bioenno 30 Ah battery, and a Renogy charge controller.  Sheepwagon is home made, and wired strictly for 12 vdc, using LED lighting.  If some AC is needed, a Renogy Phoenix power station is also aboard.  I've used the Sheepwagon solar system to power low power amateur radio equipment, lighting and fans during short camping trips.  It's nice when a plan comes together.

• Like 1
On 2/1/2024 at 12:45 PM, FrankD said:

have a few smaller jackery systems to run basic lights/charging/etc. while away from power.  They have been good to use and fairly quick to charge with a couple solar panels.  Also got a larger 1400W EcoFlow unit that can power a full size fridge/freezer in the event of a power outage.  So far have been happy with both.  The smaller units are probably shoe box size while the larger one is 2-3x the size and nearly 30lbs.

What size Jackery do you have?  I was looking at the 1000 when they were on sale in the fall, but didn't know anyone with first hand experience with them.  I thought it might be a nice quiet option. 

On 2/3/2024 at 7:51 PM, Shorty said:

What size Jackery do you have?  I was looking at the 1000 when they were on sale in the fall, but didn't know anyone with first hand experience with them.  I thought it might be a nice quiet option. 

Ive got two of the Jackery Explorer 240s each with a 60w panel.  Something in between the 240 and 1400 would be pretty nice to have

I like jackery power supplies. I have the 240 and a small one to charge cellphones . 
Also like ecoflow have the Ecoflow delta 2 1024 w. I have tested it and it’s runs my refrigerator easily. 
Have two 100w renergy solar panels, cables and adapters. 
Have one of the smaller champion gas generators. 
Have a small 20ft camper trailer right now. Sometimes I think about switching to lightweight truck camper like Capri Cowboy or rooftop tents.