M'boro - I wanna know which one of you...

Guest IzzyIsaac

Guest IzzyIsaac

...bought all the .380 up at the Rutherford Blvd Walmart today!? :rofl: HaHa. My buddy text me saying there was 5 boxes and by the time I got there at like 1, the guy said they were all gone by noon! Jerks! jk :hyper:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IzzyIsaac

HAHAHA! It's all good I guess since they weren't for me...I was just going to help out and buy them for a friend in East TN that is ammoless right now. Now if it were .45, we'd be interweb brawling right now! lol

I purchased the last 4 boxes of 9mm (Blazer) my WallyWorld had last week at $8.92 a box. Have the receipt to prove it too!! :clap:

This was the first time in 3 weeks they've gotten in a shipment of ammo and it was in a very small quantity. They received 500rds in of 9mm and it was placed on the shelf at 8am. By the time I got their after work at 8:17, there were only 4 boxes.....kinda ticked off the guy behind me who was wanting a couple of boxes and told me to share. B)

Seems that all the WM's here received shipment last night. I called all 4 and all 4 said they had INV on the truck and it would be out later that nite. Sure enough called back at about 9 and ran and picked up 2 boxes of winchester 40 cal . They had 8 boxes left and Blazer too.Going by another store this morning. We'll see how the stock depleted n 1 night. Oh one store I called asked what calibre because there are 2 guys been waiting here for 2 hours to see what comes off the truck.

Times are tuff ;-(

Edited by dhook

Just checked the South Nashville (Nolensville Rd.) Walmart - They had 1 boy of 7.62x39 (40 rds for 30$) and no handgun ammo to be had. Lots of 22lr though if thats your thing. Also, lots of rifle ammo of various calibers.. 308 - 223 - etc

I talked to a guy yesterday that said he bough all they received in a new shipment to Walmart reciently and he paid $2,400.00 at the standard 8.97 per box.

He had stopped by the gun shop where I was hanging out and we were discussing the good ol' days when we could actually shoot some of the new guns we buy, and this guy said he needed a 9mm handgun because he scored at his local WM, It was north of Nashville.

Of course he offered some to the gunshop at a modest profit.

I think you would agree this is excessive.

Guest IzzyIsaac

Now would be the time to put out some iffy guns that the companies have been deciding if they would function well or not since whoever buys the 'new cool design' won't be able to shoot it and know it fails. These times are ridiculous!

From the Authorized Vendor Section:

What some of the previous posters omitted is that the .380 ammo we have is premium defense ammo...not, "practice," or, "range," ammo. When you consider that you pay about $1 to $2.00 PER ROUND AND UP (even BEFORE the new administration and ammo shortage hysteria) for defensive ammo in .38 Special, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, etc., it makes sense. .380 isn't around in vast numbers...at all. The brands specifically are Aguila (49.99 per box of 50...90 grain JHP) and Buffalo Bore ($34.99 per box of 20...100 grain hard cast lead bullet). The vast majority of people buying .380 ammo are buying it to feed their Keltecs, LCP's, Berettas, Bersas, Walthers and SIGS, so it is for defense. Why people have the mindset that smaller, "mouse gun," calibers should be given away at rock bottom prices, I don't know. The primer, brass, powder and projectile all cost money; in many cases just as much as their larger bore bretheren.

If you can find it someplace else, for cheaper, buy it. There are places on the internet (if they have it) selling it for $3 PER ROUND, and that's for Magtech ball ammo, not premium defense ammo.

I am sure the .380 prices will stabilize in about 2 years or so, once the production numbers meet the demand. The days of, "when I paid 9.99 for a box of 50 rounds of .380," are over. It's going to start sounding cliche soon, like when our grandparents talked of movies that cost a nickel. It's a brave new world!

Guest kdpate

Went to Wally world on Rutherford last night tdo some shopping (and to walk off some of the Cat-n-Rat buffet next door). All they had in stock was .22LR and some shotgun shells....:tough:

Guest jos2f
Went to Wally world on Rutherford last night tdo some shopping (and to walk off some of the Cat-n-Rat buffet next door). All they had in stock was .22LR and some shotgun shells....:tough:

That Cat-N-Rat buffet is about the only place I'll eat Chinese in the boro.

Wal-mart on Old Fort, as of Sunday, had about 3 boxes of .32 and some 50/100 round boxes of .22. Rifle ammo too, of course, but no other pistol ammo.

Guest kdpate
That Cat-N-Rat buffet is about the only place I'll eat Chinese in the boro..

Same here. Went to Chef Wang's last summer and said I'll never be back...:):tough:

Guest jos2f
Same here. Went to Chef Wang's last summer and said I'll never be back...:):tough:

Ate at Wangs my freshman year at MTSU. I will not go back, was nothing worth remembering. Somehow it keeps getting the "Ruthie" for best chinese place in town though

Guest kdpate
Ate at Wangs my freshman year at MTSU. I will not go back, was nothing worth remembering. Somehow it keeps getting the "Ruthie" for best chinese place in town though

Gettng a "Ruthie" in the 'Boro = paying someone to say your place is the best...;)

Dude...stay away from Wangs!!!! That's the ONLY restaurant I have ever seen the Health Department shut down for a week. Re-serving food, etc...I'll never set foot in there again.

Edited by Fadex
typo