You hear everything at Gun Shows!!!

Guest johnmattwill

Guest johnmattwill

I went to the Bill Goodman Gunshow in Nashville this morning.... I was at one of the dealers counters and a guy walks up (looking like a poster boy for "Thug Life" magazine) and says, "Ive got a domestic violence charge against me, but its OK cause my wife didnt show up for court and the judge just fined me $25...... Will you sell me a gun?"......... I shook my head and walked away. :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a couple of those "Thug Life" guys walking around the show, too. 70 degrees and a couple of them were wearing winter jackets like they just walked in from the frozen tundra.

Anyone need some $40/50 round box of .380?

How about the ammo guys who were restricting buyers to only 5 boxes of 9mm, but also required you to spend a minimum of $50.

Guest johnmattwill
I saw a couple of those "Thug Life" guys walking around the show, too. 70 degrees and a couple of them were wearing winter jackets like they just walked in from the frozen tundra.

Anyone need some $40/50 round box of .380?

How about the ammo guys who were restricting buyers to only 5 boxes of 9mm, but also required you to spend a minimum of $50.

I agree , It was a CRAZY show....:)

How was the Goodman show today? I can't decide whether it's worth my time to go on Sunday.

Much 9mm ammo available? Any decent pricing? How about general firearm pricing (especially 9mm pistols)?

It was about the same as it has been in recent months.

There is a couple vendors (one, mainly) with a decent amount of ammo. Most of their ammo is priced higher than normal, but unlike Wal-Mart, Academy, etc, they actually had it in stock.

As I stated in my earlier post, they were restricting certain calibers of ammo. They were only allowing you to 5 boxes on 9mm, but also required you to spend $50. I think they had 50 round boxes of 9mm WWB for about $14. They also had some other brands.

Guest JHatmaker
The $40 .380 was gone this afternoon. Somebody must have bought it.

Where'd you get your SIG in your avatar Bubba, those are hard to find...

I'm not surprised. I saw someone pay $120 for a 250 round Mega Pack of UMC 9mm. I got mine for $62/OTD at Academy, and I am pretty sure Wal-Mart is a few buchs cheaper. When you can find it, of course.

dang last show i went to i got WWB 9mm 500 round case for about $130 about 2 months ago

im not really complaining, well yea i am. i hate how much ammo has gone up but its just like when the gas went up to $4+ a gallon, i still bought gas and ill still buy ammo. sure ill bitch about how much it costs but ill still buy it because i need it

Guest heavyd

I must have been there the same time as you all cause I saw the same micro mini gansters that youre talking about (gold fronts and tatts and bling-bling) what a bunch of ass clowns,sorry ,but douche bags like that just get under my skin

lol.. I think I saw them too.. while running around looking for primers. Which nobody had I might add. I had to resort to paying double on GB for a couple thousand. BTW, if anyone is hard up for .380 ammo. I have a few boxes. So if your in severe need... pm me.

I might go to the RK show next week. But if it's as bad as the last.. I'll take a LOA for a while until things calm down.

I saw them too... Tatts on the face makes them "hard core gangstas" ,o) One had a Tec9 and another had a glock with a chome slide. I even saw a few people talking to them about buying guns from them WTF? I would not buy anything from those guys.

I also thought to myself that if the news or 60 minutes had been there they would have picked those guys to talk to .. they would have been "just the average gunshow attendee".

Edited by MikeW
Guest Traumaslave
I also thought to myself that if the news or 60 minutes had been there they would have picked those guys to talk to .. they would have been "just the average gunshow attendee".

Or maybe they "were" 60min or local team,,,,,,,,,,;)