Looking for .22 pistol/revolver

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

I've looked through this forum and have gotten mixed reactions so thought I'll start a new one.

I'm looking for .22 pistol/revolver for target shooting since 9mm are hard to find nowadays so I'm just downgrading to .22s now.

I'm looking for something maybe below 350 or 400 bucks.

Which guns do you prefer? I'm not picky about if its a pistol or revolver.

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you actually want your gun to resemble a gun,then it will either be a Sig,or Walther!

I have a Sig,and love it! Actually put an entire box of 550 through it Friday.

The Sig,and Walther are pretty much the same as far as I'm concerned,except for the size. The Walther is way to wittle for me hands whereas the Sig is just right. I think they say its only 10% smaller then the 226.

Side note; I learned that this Sig loves Tetra gun grease over anything else! I can count on one hand the failures I had out of the 550 I put through it Friday,and those were all ammo related!

Guest bkelm18
The Sig,and Walther are pretty much the same as far as I'm concerned,except for the size.

If I'm not mistaken, the Walther P22 and the and the Sig Mosquito are made by the same company.

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA
Walther P22, only 1 misfire out of 50rnds this Sunday.No jams at all.

I've also been curious about the Sig line of .22's

Ofcourse there is Ruger too.

Good to hear about the P22!

Guest Papabear
If I'm not mistaken, the Walther P22 and the and the Sig Mosquito are made by the same company.

The Walther is not made by the same company as the Sig Mosquito. The Wather is made by Walther and the Sig is made by German Sport Guns. German Sport Guns is better know for making airsoft guns and the .22 MP5 clone the GSG-5.

Guest slothful1

My wife bought a Ruger Mark III which is fun to shoot, but it has a bad stovepiping problem (3 times in the first 40 rounds)... searching around the 'net showed that other people have had the same issue. I modified the mags with a dremel but haven't had a chance to try it out since then.

Guest TargetShooter84

Thanks for the replies....keep them coming.

I've heard many talks about the Walther P22 and Bersa Firestorm 22 but have not yet looked at prices yet....whats the best roughly estimate of prices for new? Under 300-350 out of the door?

I just got the P22 and love it. Put about 300 rounds yesterday though it and not a single issue. It was 349 plus tax. Great gun but as the guys told me on this site, all wiser than me, get extra mags. It would have been more fun.

I also have a P22. The only issue I had with it was fail to feed (4 out of 50) with wildcats. Zero issues with the CCI stuff. I will save the cheapo wildcats for my 10/22. I have read on the Walther forums that the P22 needs the hotter stuff for the first couple of 100 rounds, after that the cheap stuff will function fine. I will see if that is true once I get to 3 or 4 hundred.

I've got a Ruger Mark II bull barrel that will be with me till the end. Great gun, accurate, and there is no trigger pull to speak of. You can't go wrong with that. Don't have any experience with the new Mark III's but the one thing that Ruger does well is .22's. They started out that way.

I looked @ Ruger and Smith and Browning before I bought my NEOS....overall "feel" was the deciding factor. And the NEOS is made in the USA....its a great shooting gun and doesnt jam with cheap ammo....shoots better than the Ruger that I qulaified with. Altleast take a look at them....they should be no more than $300-$320 OTD.