If it just wasn't so cold in Montana

Guest Ghostrider

Guest Ghostrider

I wasn't sure if this is political or 2A, so here it is. Waiting for Tx and Tn to follow suit.

A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Montana and that remains within the borders of Montana is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce

Hat Tip to Pat Dollard; Pat Dollard | Young Americans | Blog Archive BREAKING: Montana Strikes Down HR45

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

I'd pack today, but the :D:tinfoil::screwy: in me is scared of moving that close to the biggest volcano (Wyoming) in the country.

I'm really hoping Texas does the same. I will leave the day after it's finalized.

Guest bkelm18
I'd pack today, but the :D:tinfoil::screwy: in me is scared of moving that close to the biggest volcano (Wyoming) in the country.

I'm really hoping Texas does the same. I will leave the day after it's finalized.

If you're speaking of the volcano under Yellowstone, no need to worry, if that baby blows, its effects will be felt all over North America pretty much. ;)

Guest bkelm18
The effects will be felt world wide.. it would be like a nuke winter and then some.

Well, I was speaking of the horrifying effects that will end existence in most of North America. :)

Guest B J Elliott

Well, I grew up in Wyoming and Montana, believe me, one winter up there and you will be crying to come back home to mamma!! BJ

Well, I grew up in Wyoming and Montana, believe me, one winter up there and you will be crying to come back home to mamma!! BJ

Since we don't have real winters anymore I may just go up there to find out what snow looks like. For a week or two. :)

Guest B J Elliott
Since we don't have real winters anymore I may just go up there to find out what snow looks like. For a week or two. :)
The snow one can used to but the wind, Whew!! BJ

My father-in-law lives in Montana and everytime they pass another bill that most likely will never pass in TN I tell him we are moving. Im a Floridian transplanted in TN, the Winters here kill me so Im guessing I wouldnt last long in Montana.

if i read that correctly, that only applies to things MANUFACTURED in Montana. how many gun manufacturers are actually located in Montana? i bet even fewer have a factory, distributer, and either wholesaler and/or dealer all inside the Montana state lines.

sorry to rain on the parade

if i read that correctly, that only applies to things MANUFACTURED in Montana. how many gun manufacturers are actually located in Montana?

As of right now, I don't know. But I'd be willing to bet a few may pop up before long. I know if I was there, I'd be hunting for a good machine shop. :D:cool:

I keep telling the better half that one day we'll have 800 acres in the middle of nowhere in Montana...thus far, the response has been "You might, but I'll still be right here..." :):eek:

If it just wasn't so cold in Montana ...

My personal experience has been that there are two temperatures in Montana - unbelievably cold and amazingly hot. With that said, I'd seriously consider a move there if my wife would agree. I've got family in that area and the wide open land is very appealing.

Guest Ghostrider
if i read that correctly, that only applies to things MANUFACTURED in Montana. how many gun manufacturers are actually located in Montana? i bet even fewer have a factory, distributer, and either wholesaler and/or dealer all inside the Montana state lines.

sorry to rain on the parade

True, but IF I had a ton of money and know how, I'd set up a franchise to mill the parts and then let the franchise owner do the assembly. Sort of like McGuns.

Yeah, it would be expensive to start, but I believe it could be made to pay off over time.

Of course, I'm no pro on businesses and economics - but if you can crank out hamburgers and fries by 17 y/o untrained high school kids, why couldn't you crank out guns in a similar fashion. I know the output wouldn't be high at first, but it would sure make a competitive market.

Guest Astra900

If Montana says the feds cannot regulate what's made in Montana, I have one question left; Where does it say that Montana requires a manufacturers license to make a certain product??? I mean, hell if I moved to Montana, and took all my stuff with me.....I have a lathe, a mill, and a few other pretties. I'm just saying, why can't a montana resident make his own toys, so long as they stay on montana soil????

AND, how smart is that? If you tell gun owners, "HEY, come with us, and you don't have to live under the tyrannical usurped rule of the BATFE anymore." If anything were to ever happen, I wonder what kind of support from it's people, the montana government would have for defense in the event of an armed response to the rejection?

If Montana says the feds cannot regulate what's made in Montana, I have one question left; Where does it say that Montana requires a manufacturers license to make a certain product??? I mean, hell if I moved to Montana, and took all my stuff with me.....I have a lathe, a mill, and a few other pretties. I'm just saying, why can't a montana resident make his own toys, so long as they stay on montana soil????

AND, how smart is that? If you tell gun owners, "HEY, come with us, and you don't have to live under the tyrannical usurped rule of the BATFE anymore." If anything were to ever happen, I wonder what kind of support from it's people, the montana government would have for defense in the event of an armed response to the rejection?

Actually you can make your own I believe. The bill says "privately made".

However it does place certain limits...you can't legally make your own cannon and use it.