Obama wants Senate to ratify CIFTA - national gun registration

Oh I agree 100% but unfortuately most will bend over, grab their ankles and spread their cheeks.

Some will I'm sure but I really think we will be surprised at how many will not obey this registration scheme. Many people are getting fed up these days with government intrusion and I think the time is ripe for a revolution, starting out as a non-violent revolution against the government. I was surprised at how many people attended the tea parties and just wait till the 4th of July, we will see more protests against the government by ordinary citizens.

First I wonder how they will try this. Most likely with new firearms purchases that may pretty much halt new gun sales but what about the 300 million firearms already in circulation, and those that many of us have traded and sold through private transactions. Are they going to send everyone a Federal Firearms Registration form to list all our guns and serial numbers? Actually it would be fun to partake in a public protest where we all could burn our forms in public. I believe within a year or so we will see a demonstration with ordinary citizens, not some leftest hippy activists like in the past, really get serious about telling the government who really is supposed to be in charge. The movement is growing, more and more people are getting more angry by the day.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hashishian

with the trader from Pennsylvania ...OBAMNOTS now control the senate ...why did he switch this week....??? while TPTB control the media with swine flu scares that are fake TPTB are pushing this through the senate again...

Obama is becoming more and more like Hitler every day....would it be Treason if he knowingly were set to destroy the second amendment..?? According the Constitution..anyone who opposes it is GUILTY of Treason...especially a President who was sworn to protect it ... we had better call and write all of our senators...

As Lou Dobbs notes here, Obama is in favor of ratifying CIFTA, (TREASON) the Inter-American Convention Against Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms. On its face, the treaty sounds reasonable because it would “prevent, combat, and eradicate the illicit manufacturing of and trafficking in firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials” (emphasis added). However, upon reading the bill we discover the following:

"Stressing the need, in peace processes and post-conflict situations, to achieve effective control of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials in order to prevent their entry into the illicit market".

Obama has promised Mexican President Felipe Calderon that he would urge the Senate to take up CIFTA. (this is that act of treason) He is doing this under the cover of the drug cartel violence in Mexico. Obama and Calderon quoted a statistic echoed by the corporate media that 90% of the weapons seized in Mexican raids were purchased from U.S. gun shops and a reason why the U.S. needs to ratify this treaty... In fact, this is a lieonly a mere 17% of guns found at Mexico crime scenes have been traced to the U.S.

CIFTA would bury the Second Amendment under “pertinent resolutions of the United Nations General Assembly.” It would criminalize ammunition reloading (defined as explosives manufacture) and gun assembly or reassembly (including firearm kits and presumably breaking down weapons for cleaning or transport).

Language contained in the CIFTA treaty insists it respects “the principles of sovereignty, nonintervention, and the juridical equality of states.” Not mentioned is the fact the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties has a superior rank to national laws. If the CIFTA treaty is ratified without exception, it would kill U.S. sovereignty and lead the way to destroying the Second Amendment. Also, it should be noted CIFTA would give UN troops on American soil the power to seize your Guns...

"Only the Senate needs to ratify the treaty" Article II, section 2, of the Constitution states that the president “shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur and now they can have it ..they have complete democratic control of the Senate"

The United States was one of the first signatories to CIFTA in November, 1997. The Convention was transmitted to the Senate in June 1998 and to this day awaits the Senate’s advice and consent. 29 of the 34 OAS member states have ratified CIFTA. Only the US, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and St. Vincent & Grenadines have yet to do so.

Obama Supports Treaty Outlawing Gun Possession

INTER-AMERICAN CONVENTION AGAINST THE ILLICIT MANUFACTURING OF AND TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, EXPLOSIVES, AND OTHER RELATED MATERIALS

Guest FroggyOne2

And if those Senators whom voted for it and it passed.. would in theory then be traitors too.. it would be an act of treason on their behalf.. correct!

All I know is that now that Arlen Specter switched parties, assuming all 60 Dems vote as Obama wishes, he can ratify any treaty he wants with no way for the Repubs/Indies to stop the proceedings via filibuster...

Makes me a little nervous.

All I know is that now that Arlen Specter switched parties, assuming all 60 Dems vote as Obama wishes, he can ratify any treaty he wants with no way for the Repubs/Indies to stop the proceedings via filibuster...

Makes me a little nervous.

I thought it took 67 votes to ratify a treaty?

Guest Zombie

After only 100 days in office, I wonder how many people already regret voting for Barak Hussein Obama? What a puppet of the Democrat Party! I believe he should be impeached for breaking his oath of preserving the Constitution!

No NRA alert for me either. Took a browse at the Brady Campaign site. Figured if this were huge news, they would be all over it. Beginning to wonder? My assumption is to not bring up a lot of firestorm about the issue and quietly ratify the treaty. Afterwards, at the beginning of enforcement, Senators will cry that they didn't know exactly what they were voting for (example Gulf of Tonkin Resolution), the Reps will say, it was not in our hands, don't blame us. Obama will just ignore the situation and find another tail to wag the dog to get attention elsewhere.

Sent this today to both Corker and Alexander.

To the Honorable Senator Alexander of Tennessee:

As a gun owner and NRA member I am very concerned about CIFTA President Obama wants to sign and the Senate to ratify. The Constitution and Bill Of Rights is Ours as citizens of the United States and not to be infringed upon by the government of the United States and especially any foreign governments of the international community. CIFTA opens the door for abuses and infringement of the 2nd Amendment and I strongly urge you to vote against ratifying CIFTA and ask you to speak against and urge your fellow Senators to do the same.

Thank You.

Jon

Kingston Springs TN.

NRA Member

Believe it or not, but today I read an editorial that accused Harry Reid of being the one that is holding this up. My guess is the reason he is holding this up, is because the Democrats don't have the votes to ratify it.

The Democrats made big gains in 2006 when Pelosi became speaker, but the gains, which were in conservative districts and states, were actually conservative Democrats that will not vote for gun control. Thank God for small miricles! Other wise we'd have AWB back already. Not all Democrats are against us. We need to reward those that stand with us on this issue. Please bear that in mind.

Yep. We need to remember that not all Democrats are evil, just like not all Repubs are good.

Actually, they're all pretty much evil, there are just a few that are less evil than others...

:hiding: