Del - Ton AR Kits

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Del - Ton AR kits? I am interested in a kit for my first AR build, since I think that would probably be easier than tracking down all the parts and part kits. From what I understand, they use Wilson barrels, so I wouldn't think that would be a concern, but what about the other parts? I have also looked at J&T distributing, RRA, Double Star, and DPMS kits. Any insight any to any of these kits would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

I got a Delton from Hero Gear awhile back and it's been pretty darn good. I figured getting a cheaper AR I'd catch crap (Like owning a Taurus or something) from people who like to talk crap about the lower end guns.

So far the Delton has performed great and everyone that I tell I have a Delton says they are good guns. The only problem I have with my Delton is I don't get to shoot it enough.

I ordered my Del-ton kit back before the run on guns and ammo. They were very helpful and even substituted a chrome-lined barrel so I wouldn't have to wait a while for the standard barrels to come in stock. The kit has been flawless and everything went together smoothly. Two thumbs up!

Guest db99wj

I have no experience with them other than I ordered one way back on December 30th.

I researched, heard good things, I have read since good things.

If you order, be prepared to wait, possibly 6-8 months. They were suppose to have moved during the past few months and went to shot show which delayed things about 3 weeks, but they are in a bigger facility and have hired more people. I hope to get mine in a few more weeks.

Guest db99wj
So what does one of these kits start at, price wise?
1 of : 16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit [16 Rifle Kit - ML Barrel:DTI 16" 1x9 Mid-Length Heavy Barrel][16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -ML Handguards:Mid-Length Handguard with Heat Shields][Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier][Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:M4 Buttstock - Black][Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:Ergo Sure Grip -Right hand][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:A2 Flash Hider][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts][Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks]
Product Subtotal: $484.00 Shipping & Handling: $18.79 clear1x1.gifclear1x1.gifGrand Total: $502.79

You can add and use different parts for your kit. For example, chrome lined barrel, Rock River or knights 2 stage triggers, etc, for additional costs.

Edited by db99wj
Guest db99wj
Thanks for all the responses. I was kind of worried because of the low price of the Del - Ton's. I admit, I tend to be kind of a gun snob sometimes, but seems that there have been a lot of good experiences with them.

I just haven't found anyone complain about the product quality. Order to ship date is a different story, but nothing about the product.

I was on ar15 today and it appears that they are up to November 28 orders that they are shipping. I know that sounds like a long way off, and it is, but it seems that they are getting faster. From what I have read, they have hired 2 new builders and 2 new sales peoples.

I've had two uppers from them and they are top notch. The shipping delays are not their fault. They, like everyone else, can't get parts to put together or ship to anyone. When they did have parts available their shipping was fast. Every time I've ordered from them I found they under-promised and over-performed.

I placed a order for a rifle kit through them on Jan, 4th. I hope to have it by next year maybe even September or October this year. When I ordered I knew it would be a long wait so no biggie.

Doc, I know that the guy who used to own Volunteer Ordnance in Cleveland, Dan, built a ton of his AR's using Double Star. He always had great things to say about them. (He also had some of the finest FAL's I've ever seen).

Heck, does anyone up there in Cleveland know what happened to him? I saw him at a gun show last year, I think, but said that he had planned on moving to Alaska at some point. That's a shame, I always enjoyed doing business with him.

Guest Jeremey

I placed my order on 12-23-08, still waiting. From what I can tell from AR15.com, I have about 3,000 more orders ahead of me.:D