Please send this fool reporter an email

Guest TN_Mike

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This too shall pass. It's news right now. There are about 500 people in the state that are really concerned about this going into law. It's the people who blog and write comments on the Commercial Appeal, Tennessean, etc. Fox 13 isn't even anti-gun they usually do a lot of stories that are pro-gun,pro-self defense. They are just pandering to both sides like the media does.

Screw it, it'll go into law, nothing will change like it hasn't in 30 other states, and they'll shut up.

Hmmmm....they just ran the segment again. According to the video in the website they were going to show viewer opinions on the 9:00 broadcast, but for some reason they didn't.

Wonder if it was because my pro view was the only comment posted on their website?

Let's not forget to have a little talk to the owner of any establishment that posts a sign AFTER the progressive new law goes into effect.

Let's not forget to stop patronizing the establishment if the sign doesn't come down.

Guest jcramin
Let's not forget to have a little talk to the owner of any establishment that posts a sign AFTER the progressive new law goes into effect.

Let's not forget to stop patronizing the establishment if the sign doesn't come down.

Maybe we should plan to start a thread and maybe sticky it to the top with a list of the places that post signs after the law is passed so we know in advance not to bother going.

J

Guest danxd45

wow. I used to like fox. i just lost a lot of respect for them. i love the way they made it out to be a law allowing drunks to carry weapons into bars.

After watching this a$$hat, I feel the urge to blacken both of his eyes for his lack of balanced reporting. Put aside your feelings of this bill and present an honest report to the public. I guess he's right :yum:, allowing guns in alcohol serving establishments is going to cause trouble because I'm not drinking. Plus, the "hero's" are going to come out in force. Give me a break. The one bar owner had it right, he will never know who is carrying, and that's the way it should be.

May the badguys accept this as their initial warning- do not interrrupt my dinner with my significant other. I will not be happy, nor will I give you my wallet. I would offer an amicable alternative of 2-5 new breathing orafices and a a life changing lesson learned. Sorry, I can't help you with the financial burden of the ambulance ride and subsequent medical bills, should you survive. But, maybe Lord Obama can issue you a bailout.

Guest smithandwesson

Heres what I sent to him

Subject: Guns in bars report.

Well you told everybody what you think about it so heres what I think of you, first off, why didnt you show anybody that supported the bill and let them speak? Second off, the guys smart ass comment about why would somebody carry in a resturaunt, is it to protect the resturaunt, to be a hero? Maybe its to protect themselves from dumbass criminals who dont care about the law and carry where ever they want without a permit with bad intentions. Third of all, people with permits get them for a reason, because they are law abiding citizens which means they dont do stupid **** like what you are trying to say they will do like get drunk and wave a gun around. Fourth and final, its dumb ass liberals like yourself who keep people in this country from having freedom, more rights equal more freedom, everybody wants more freedom accept for idiots like you, I suppose you are one of those who think you can count on the police to show up right when you need them. If you dont like freedom or guns, MOVE TO CHINA you dumb ass!!!!

Guest sstouder

heres what i sent him

Mr. Madaus,

I respectfully ask that you quit your job as a "reporter/journalist" as your not reporting the news you are simply making it fit your ideals and opinions on a law that you obviously have no clue about.

Thanks.

Guest benchpresspower
After watching this a$$hat, I feel the urge to blacken both of his eyes for his lack of balanced reporting. Put aside your feelings of this bill and present an honest report to the public. I guess he's right :koolaid:, allowing guns in alcohol serving establishments is going to cause trouble because I'm not drinking. Plus, the "hero's" are going to come out in force. Give me a break. The one bar owner had it right, he will never know who is carrying, and that's the way it should be.

May the badguys accept this as their initial warning- do not interrrupt my dinner with my significant other. I will not be happy, nor will I give you my wallet. I would offer an amicable alternative of 2-5 new breathing orafices and a a life changing lesson learned. Sorry, I can't help you with the financial burden of the ambulance ride and subsequent medical bills, should you survive. But, maybe Lord Obama can issue you a bailout.

+1,000000000 I give you a standing ovation sir!!!

What I sent.

Dear Mr. Madaus,

I am writing to comment on your news story "Bullets in Bars, Gun Bill Passes". I am saddened to see that a one sided news story such as this is reported. I assume you have heard that "there are two sides to every story". I guess in this case you just decided it was best just to show the one side. I'm also guessing the side that likely fits your opinion.

The first one sided slam started with the title of the article, "Bullets in Bars". Nice touch to plant the negative slant from the start.

It's obvious that you did not take the time to do any research to support either side of the story, either positive or negative. Research to show statistics from the many other states that have passed similar legislation. Research to seek out people that know something about the subject other than people voicing their opinion.

Handgun permit holders are not criminals, they are the ones that are obeying the laws. They are the ones that took the time to get properly trained, submitted to a background check, got fingerprinted, and paid the proper fees. Do you think if they were intending on committing a crime, they would have gone to this trouble?

If you haven't noticed, criminals are the ones that break laws. They are the ones carrying guns that you don't know about until they commit a crime. They don't give a crap what the law says. If you think the existing laws prevent them from bringing a firearm into an establishment, you are sadly mistaken. And if an establishment chooses to properly post that they don't want firearms on their property, do you really think that matters to them?

As a HCP holder I am offended that this story insinuated that HCP holders will be the ones "shooting up the bar". We'll leave that to the criminals.

Guest kdpate

Just read this and sent an e-mail to him. I basically called him a ****stick and told him he needs to find another line of work......:koolaid:

Funny thing is this is a Memphis station and is supposed to cover AR and MS as well, both of which already allow carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. If it such a problem, why don't they have stock footage of all the bad incidents in those two states?

Exactly....because they don't have any, because it just doesn't happen like they think it will.

I'll be glad once this is finally passed....

What I sent.

Dear Mr. Madaus,

I am writing to comment on your news story "Bullets in Bars, Gun Bill Passes". ...

Very well said - both in content and tone. I hope that you send things like this regularly, as it comes across very well for our position.

What I wrote:

I just watched this obvious “Hit Piece†on the bill to allow law-abiding citizens in possession of a valid Handgun Carry Permit to carry their weapons into establishments that serve alcohol on the condition that they are not consuming alcohol, and I must say it is a poor example of the balanced reporting that I expect from a Fox channel. One would have thought that it came from a NBC channel. It was distressing to note how you showed all negative comments from bar-goers obviously giving their opinion based on incomplete information.

One man states that there is no way to tell if someone is carrying a gun because it’s concealed, so doesn’t the same thing apply to criminals currently? Do you think criminals care if it’s currently illegal? Are you able to tell when they are carrying a concealed gun? You also showed one man stating his assumption that the person wanting to carry into such an establishment was so that he can be a hero. Did you challenge that moron as to how many people that he actually knows well enough to state that desire to him so that he could convey that judgment to the public?

Just a few weeks ago, a man shot and killed the manager at Jonathan’s Grill here in Nashville because he was asked to leave. What if the man had turned the gun on the patrons as well? I’d say the body count would have been significant. Just a couple of months ago shots rang-out inside a Buffalo Wildwings here in Nashville. There are no safe places anymore.

I carry to protect myself and my family and for no other reason, and those of us who’re not sheep feel it is not moral for others to expect us to become sheep for the slaughter just because we want to eat at one of the numerous restaurants that serve alcohol.

Do you think that you can manage fair and balanced reporting in the future?

I know it'll fall on deaf ears: however, those that do nothing are just as responsible for this crap as the reporter.

Very well said - both in content and tone. I hope that you send things like this regularly, as it comes across very well for our position.

Thank you for your kind comments.

While it is hard to get the other side to see your point, it is really hard to get them to even listen to your point if you call them a stupid a**, etc.

I think a civil approach, at least to start out, is the better option.

I sent that reporter Scott Madaus, (scott.madaus@foxtv.com) an email asking him to be more responsible in his reporting and gave him my view of why the Restaurant Carry Bill is necessary. I have first hand knowledge of how important it is. My wonderful husband is dead because of the killer and because of poor legislation. Perhaps Mr. Madaus would like to do a follow-up report now that he has heard from me. He should.