Ordered a K & D today... Wait....

I picked up a CZ75D PCR about a month or so ago and was going to order a MTAC for it. (I like the MTAC that I use with my XD45C.) However, Comp-Tac does not do the PCR model of the CZ line! Arrrrgh!

After some serious soul searching, I decided to go with a K & D Thunderbird Defender. Kevin has changed these so they can be worn IWB or OWB and it is tuckable. I have heard nothing but praise about his holsters and will have to wait patiently. (Kevin actually answered the phone when I called to order the holster.)

Pictures to follow..... in 14 to 16 weeks!!!!!!!:lol:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tn.Mitch
I picked up a CZ75D PCR about a month or so ago and was going to order a MTAC for it. (I like the MTAC that I use with my XD45C.) However, Comp-Tac does not do the PCR model of the CZ line! Arrrrgh!

After some serious soul searching, I decided to go with a K & D Thunderbird Defender. Kevin has changed these so they can be worn IWB or OWB and it is tuckable. I have heard nothing but praise about his holsters and will have to wait patiently. (Kevin actually answered the phone when I called to order the holster.)

Pictures to follow..... in 14 to 16 weeks!!!!!!!:(

I ordered the same holster for my 5 inch 1911's back on Feb.14,called and talked to Cindy about 2 weeks ago,she said another 4 or 5 weeks,so im waiting too...:)

I had one of the Dakota defenders for an XD9 and that thing was beautiful! It worked extremely well too. I just wish he could turn them out quicker, because the mixture of quality and price can't be matched.

Guest eyebedam

Just a little tip for you since you ordered with K&D. First off he makes a great holster but evidentally the man has a serious attitude. I was at week 15 of waiting & had already been invoiced & paid for my holster. I had commented in a thread another holster maker had posted a comment on how nice the design & overlook of his holster was. This was at 8pm. At 5.30 am Kevin had already refunded my account & canceled my order just for saying how nice the others guys holster looked.

I never even mentioned Kevin ot K&D holsters in the comment at all. Ive actually been debating really hard on starting a whole thread on the topic. I have all documentation & corresponding emails. It really pissed me of since I had been waiting 15 weeks & had already sold my on holster for that particular gun.

...Ive actually been debating really hard on starting a whole thread on the topic...

I would. Just like we love to hear about good service (Hero Gear, Guns N Leather, etc...) we need to know about the less than stellar service, too.

I think you are an anomaly. I've had exceptional service both time I've dealt with Kevin. I will say on the XD forums he was getting a lot of grief over the wait times and some folks were making some uncalled statements about Kevin personally. He had did finally respond to some of those folks and cancelled their orders since all they did was bad mouth and complain him and his company. Maybe you got taken out of context with some of the jerks over there.

Guest eyebedam
I think you are an anomaly. I've had exceptional service both time I've dealt with Kevin. I will say on the XD forums he was getting a lot of grief over the wait times and some folks were making some uncalled statements about Kevin personally. He had did finally respond to some of those folks and cancelled their orders since all they did was bad mouth and complain him and his company. Maybe you got taken out of context with some of the jerks over there.

Well it happened last week & I never was 1 to bug him. I was at week 15 & my order was cancelled for complimenting another holster makers work. Also he hasn't returned my calls or emails. The main reason I didn't blast him because I knew his little following would come to his defense.

Check my post history on xd talk & you will not find 1 single bash or negative type comment at all from me about him.

Edited by eyebedam

He seemed fine when I spoke to him. He answered the phone when I called to place my order. I said something about "the big man" answering the phone and he said something humorous back. I told him that I wanted to order one of his holsters and he said "Great, I'm going to hand the phone over to Cindy and she'll take the order. Nice to talk to you."

I've seen a lot of people gripe about the wait but, hey, I just try to forget I ordered it and it'll show up sometime in the fall and surprise me! It took me almost 3 months just to find the CZ PCR that I ordered the holster for. I'm a patient person.

(Actually, I'm not very patient, I'm just too darn busy to worry about one thing.)

Sorry that happened to you though.

Well it happened last week & I never was 1 to bug him. I was at week 15 & my order was cancelled for complimenting another holster makers work. Also he hasn't returned my calls or emails. The main reason I didn't blast him because I knew his little following would come to his defense.

Check my post history on xd talk & you will not find 1 single bash or negative type comment at all from me about him.

I've seen your post. All I was saying is maybe you got mixed up in his mind and he mistook you with some of the jerks over there. I never saw anything negative from you.

Guest eyebedam

Well if you saw the email stating he was cancelling my order you can clearly see its because of the other holster. I feel as if ive taken this thread off topic & will start a new 1 on this very topic. Either Saturday or Monday so keep an eye out for it.

To the orginal poster Im sure you will be pleased with your order just make sure not to discuss any other holster on any thread becuase Kevin may be watching & your order could be cancelled to.

... I feel as if ive taken this thread off topic & will start a new 1 on this very topic....

Well, you need to do it on XDtalk where this apparently started?

You want to make sure azzhat Kevin sees it. Let him explain his childish behavior.

- OS

Guest eyebedam

You want to make sure azzhat Kevin sees it. Let him explain his childish behavior.

- OS

Don't worry there OS it will be over there probably on Monday. I'll probably post it in 4 or 5 forums.

Guest K-Man
Just a little tip for you since you ordered with K&D. First off he makes a great holster but evidentally the man has a serious attitude. I was at week 15 of waiting & had already been invoiced & paid for my holster. I had commented in a thread another holster maker had posted a comment on how nice the design & overlook of his holster was. This was at 8pm. At 5.30 am Kevin had already refunded my account & canceled my order just for saying how nice the others guys holster looked.

I never even mentioned Kevin ot K&D holsters in the comment at all. Ive actually been debating really hard on starting a whole thread on the topic. I have all documentation & corresponding emails. It really pissed me of since I had been waiting 15 weeks & had already sold my on holster for that particular gun.

I encourage you to start the whole new thread also. You seem to be leaving out some major gaps in your story here. So I want to see if you post everything that transpired.

What you haven't posted here is one of the main reasons I refunded your money. I also could give a hoot who you have or receive holsters from. We have a number of customers who have holsters from a variety of manufacturers/makers.

What you also fail to mention is that I told you subsequently in the emails that I would make the holster for you.

So take your best shot, eyebedam.

Edited by K-Man
Guest K-Man

- OS

See my comments above. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

See my comments above. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

I retract "azzhat" and "childish" for now. Shouldn't have pre-judged. I tend to trust veracity of many long-time members here.

I suggest you both simply relate the facts here, now that you have made an appearance. It sounds as if you DID cancel his order, so it must have been for some reason.

- OS

Guest K-Man

I'm simply willing to move on. His holster is slated to be mailed to him either Monday or Tuesday, provided he still wants it.

Guest eyebedam
I'm simply willing to move on. His holster is slated to be mailed to him either Monday or Tuesday, provided he still wants it.

Same here. I should have gotten in touch with you directly. I will admit you have always been pretty quick about replying. So I apologize for bringing it up here. We both know what happened & we probably both see things a little differently.

Also you should have a email from me. I wish you continued success & you should stick around on this forum abit. It's a pretty active place & there's slot of great people on here & a few freakazoids from time to time. I'm sure your firearms & holster making knowledge could be quite helpful to alot of us.

This thread was a helluva way to find us but since you went through the trouble of signing up & becoming a member you should stick around awhile.

Jason