Wife wants new gun?

titan14

I told her it was impossible...but...here are her requests...

NO recoil...or very little..

Light...

Compact....

Laser compatable....

Semi-auto....

and preferably 1911....

She has a Llama .32 in the 1911 style and loves it...but...she wants something more "modern" and wants a laser...

She likes the minimal recoil from the .32...she has shot my .45 and doesn't like the recoil nor the weight...understandable....

Any suggestions?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first thought, I would suggest the Springfield EMP 9mm with laser grips.

That's about the most compact and lightest 1911 that I can think of right off the top of my head.

I can't think of a compact 1911 that has a rail for mounting a laser, so I suggested the laser grips. And now that I think about it, I'm not even sure you can get laser grips for the EMP.

Kimber 1911 Compact, Ultra Carry and Ultra Elite, Springfield 1911 Compact, V10, Ultra Compact, etc are a few options that you can find laser grips for.

Then, you'll have to hunt one down in 9mm for the lower recoil.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

What pistols has she shot? Has she tried a Bersa .380? Otherwise I would say impossible. Everything is a trade off, to get something you have to give something. I would suggest looking into a S&W 642 revolver. It meets most of those requirements.

Guest sling
FNP.45 LOL and it's laser compatible

:lol:

You probably wont find anything shorter than a 4" with rails for laser\light.

The EMP is however an excellent choice as far as compact light small cal 1911's.

Let me know what you find! My wife wants the same gun.

She can shoot my XD45C but didn't like my Para Warthog because of the recoil. I thought my Kel Tec P11 was perfect but she doesn't like the DAO trigger. Arrrrgh! She says her wardrobe will not allow a gun the size of the XD45C. I'm working on the holster options for her now so she will understand that the right holster makes many guns "disappear".

I'm thinking Kimber Ultra Carry II with laser grip. It meets the criteria, though I'm not sure it's light enough. I just weighed mine, and with a full magazine it weighs 30.45 oz. That's not very light. It's really nice to carry, though.

Guest sling
Let me know what you find! My wife wants the same gun.

She can shoot my XD45C but didn't like my Para Warthog because of the recoil. I thought my Kel Tec P11 was perfect but she doesn't like the DAO trigger. Arrrrgh! She says her wardrobe will not allow a gun the size of the XD45C. I'm working on the holster options for her now so she will understand that the right holster makes many guns "disappear".

Say "Baby, if you're going to carry a gun and are worried about printing.. well... you just cant dress sexy no more." :lol:

Guest jos2f

No recoil, light, small, laser: Walther P22 :down:

Not going to find a 1911 much smaller than the EMP or the Warthog.

What about a H&K P2000SK? About the size of a XD Subcompact, can be had with DA/SA trigger.

Guest (BH)

or....... a Walther PPS in 9mm. it fits pretty much all of your criteria except for that its not 1911 style

but i'd be willing to bet that both of you would rather her have a gun that she is comfortable shooting than one that looks pretty.

also, perhaps the NAA Guardian w/ crimson trace grips. those are great little guns, and very easy to conceal. and its all nice and shiny so women seem to like them (my wife is really wanting one:rolleyes:). plus you can either get them in .380 or .32acp or .32naa so you can have a little shiny pocket gun with a laser and low recoil.

Have not seen laser sights for the EMP just got mine Monday and I think she would like it the entire grip is smaller around bc the pistol was built for the 9mm not the 45 with a modified mag to hold the 9mm. She will be able to get a better grip around the handle and control the recoil...But you could always just go with the P22 fun gun.

Guest HexHead
No recoil, light, small, laser: Walther P22 :drool:

Walther PPS in 9mm. Or Walther is coming out with a .380 version of the P22. They showed it at the SHOT show in Jan or Feb.

Llama .32 in the 1911 my dad has been carrying one for as long as i can remember he got it back in the 50's

Yup!...and she loves it...but...she wants a laser on it....and hers is about that old also...it came from mark@sea through the guys @ Tri-cities gun depot.

If I remember correctly....the depot guy's father carried it for years also.

Kimber CDP Pro II. Meets most but not all of your criteria, you buy it, she figures out it isn't exactly what she wanted, baddabing, you gotta brand new guilt free sweet piece!

I say hell yeah....wifey said...."hey!...that wasn't very nice!"....:poop:

Maybe try the Kimber Aegis II. 9mm compact.....Kimber logoed Crimson Traces are available to fit that handgun.......

That is a heck of a pistol as well ALMOST went with that one when I got my EMP just liked how the EMP felt a little better. But a fine choice for sure especially with the availablity of the laser grips she wants.

Maybe try the Kimber Aegis II. 9mm compact.....Kimber logoed Crimson Traces are available to fit that handgun.......

I have this Kimber myself. Its a delight to carry but I wouldnt exactly call it low recoil,,,,low compared to a .45 but it does have some recoil.