Restaurant Ettiquete While Carrying

Guest cowboy20th

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cowboy20th

your abc license to serve alchohol does not keep you from carrying while at work. However it would be up to the establishment as to if you could carry. For instance, my employee handbook states that no weapons shall be carried by an employee onto the premises. So I cannot carry at work, but it is not illegal, my bosses just don't want that.

I posted this question in another forum, but since you are/were a bartender I am going to post it here also. Is a person who is "carded" to serve alcohol in a restaurant or bar denied by law the right to arm themselves while at work?

While bartending i was in a restaurant that served alcohol, pretty sure that is the reason one would not be able to carry. I don't think the law stipulates why you are in a restaurant that serves, just that you can't carry while there. i don't think this has anything to do with having an ABC permit, it does however fall under your HCP.

of course if this law is passed, then i would assume that it would be up to the employer.

While bartending i was in a restaurant that served alcohol, pretty sure that is the reason one would not be able to carry. I don't think the law stipulates why you are in a restaurant that serves, just that you can't carry while there. i don't think this has anything to do with having an ABC permit, it does however fall under your HCP.

of course if this law is passed, then i would assume that it would be up to the employer.

Well that's not entirely correct, the current law (39-17-1305) has exceptions for certain people in it, including the owner, his employee or agent of the owner of the premises with responsibility for protecting persons or property

Well that's not entirely correct, the current law (39-17-1305) has exceptions for certain people in it, including the owner, his employee or agent of the owner of the premises with responsibility for protecting persons or property

as a bartender i really wouldn't consider myself responsible for protecting persons or property. i read that to mean the owner either has an employee or has hired an outside company to go armed in order to provide protection to persons or property

as a bartender i really wouldn't consider myself responsible for protecting persons or property. i read that to mean the owner either has an employee or has hired an outside company to go armed in order to provide protection to persons or property

I don't disagree about bartender not being responsible for protecting persons or property.

I just though you said the law didn't stipulate as to why you were in the restaurant and may be armed...and I was just saying that it does mention reasons why you may be in there could be armed.

Also....don't see where it says it has to outside people providing the protection.

I just though you said the law didn't stipulate as to why you were in the restaurant and may be armed...and I was just saying that it does mention reasons why you may be in there could be armed.
I stand corrected
Also....don't see where it says it has to outside people providing the protection.

didn't say it HAD to be outside people

...owner either has an employee or has hired an outside company to go armed in order to provide protection to persons or property

both are "agents" under respondeat superior

Guest nraforlife

Rules to eat by

1) Be cool

2) Don't flash your piece. Better yet carry concealed.

3) Blend in - NO frickin HCP badges

4) Be polite

5) Don't be a jerk for any reason including bad service

6) Pay your bill and don't stiff the server

Guest m&pc9

Question for the servers on the board.

We went to eat a couple of weeks ago. The place was not busy @ 3:00 on sunday. Our server was slow to get the drink order. I actually thought they forgot about us. we ordered drinks and an appetizer, Drinks came. We ordered 3 burgers and I think a chicken salad. while we were waiting I ran out of tea many times. Then the appetizer came about 3 minutes before the meal. It took over an hour to get out of there.

To wrap it up, The server was extremely slow and they were not busy. My sister give him $3.00 tip for a $50. We always give at least 15-20% for good service.

I do not like to make a scene and grip at the guy or bitch at his manager.

Everyone says not to stiff the server. So what do you do?

Question for the servers on the board.

We went to eat a couple of weeks ago. The place was not busy @ 3:00 on sunday. Our server was slow to get the drink order. I actually thought they forgot about us. we ordered drinks and an appetizer, Drinks came. We ordered 3 burgers and I think a chicken salad. while we were waiting I ran out of tea many times. Then the appetizer came about 3 minutes before the meal. It took over an hour to get out of there.

To wrap it up, The server was extremely slow and they were not busy. My sister give him $3.00 tip for a $50. We always give at least 15-20% for good service.

I do not like to make a scene and grip at the guy or bitch at his manager.

Everyone says not to stiff the server. So what do you do?

Stiff him! you were there at shift change, so it was either his first table or more likely his last table. he didn't care either way. it makes me mad when people don't do their job, makes me more mad when it's a simple job, makes me MORE mad when it's a job I have done or do!

Guest cowboy20th

I of course do not believe in stiffing, but I understand it too, by the sounds of it you did what you felt was right, and their is no excuse for poor service. I normally leave 10% for bad service, it gets the point across, without making me loose some of my good restaurant karma

During shift change, a closing or opening server can get a lot of tables at once which is unfair to everybody and I will usually let my table know the circumstance as to what is going on, and will try to find a server that is not busy and able to give better service, or get a manager to help me out for a minute.

Though if you do feel your server was genuinely bad and it sounds like they were, then I would definitely tell a manager after the meal or during if needed. They are trying to run an establishment with a good reputation and cannot always tell when one of their employees is representing them poorly, unless someone tells them. Usually the manager will try to make it right for you, in order to keep your business coming and represent the restaurant correctly.

Sorry for the bad experience, I hope the next time you go your experience is much more enjoyable.

Guest unreconstructed1

Have you ever read the Federalist Papers? James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay wrote correspondences back and forth about how the framers of the constitution intended things to work which was published in a new york newspaper regularly. I'm sure you guys have heard of them, but if you have not read them yet do so! They are lengthy but an excellent read for any American.

try as a comparison to read the Anti-Federalist papers. then look at the way the Republic has turned out. for extra credit, come back and tell us who had the best foresight :screwy:

then I would definitely tell a manager after the meal or during if needed.

I ain't complaining about anything during the meal, especially not before food is served. You all ever see the movie "Waiting"?

Guest SUNTZU

I was at Applebee's last night, and apparently our waitress was trying to go home. It started a season opener of Days of Our Lives throughout the meal. Our waitress was PISSED that the hostess seated us in her section. So I made sure to order dessert. I did leave a 20% tip, though, just because I didn't know we were going to get dinner theater at an Applebee's.

Guest HexHead
Stiff him! you were there at shift change, so it was either his first table or more likely his last table. he didn't care either way. it makes me mad when people don't do their job, makes me more mad when it's a simple job, makes me MORE mad when it's a job I have done or do!

You know, with the US becoming totally dependent on being a service economy, you'd think we'd at least try to get that part right. I can't believe how often I've been on the receiving end of "can't give a ****" service.

• Administrator

I moved to Tennessee from Kentucky in 1997. We had been allowed legal carry in places that serve alcohol since the day CCW permits were issued. It has never been a big deal to me to carry in restaurants up there and won't be a big deal for me to do it down here either.

Chances are June 1st will be a big to do about nothing for the vast number of people who have been eagerly anticipating this moment for years. Terribly anti-climatic. And that's exactly how it should be and how I hope it is.

I don't look forward to the June 2nd or 3rd edition of the Tennessean that has a photo of some slack-jawed yokel grinning toothlessly at the camera while he sits on the bar-stool at the neighborhood Applebees with his Smif and Western strapped to his hip, flashing the Victory sign. And we all know there's going to be THAT GUY who is willing to do it just to shock the masses. :up:

You know, with the US becoming totally dependent on being a service economy, you'd think we'd at least try to get that part right. I can't believe how often I've been on the receiving end of "can't give a ****" service.

I'm far beyond fed up with crappy service. I am getting married june 27th. my dad purchased new carpet for my house as a wedding gift to me and my wife to be. (i tore up the old carpet and have been living on sub floors for two years, seems women don't think that is livable :rolleyes: ) anyway, we go to lowes, great service there, the guy was actually knowledgeable. My mom ran a carpet company for 8 years while i was growing up, so i know a thing or two about it.. i have the ENTIRE house moved into my kitchen, ALL the floors cleaned and carpet tack down, all they have to do is come in lay the pad and carpet 1000sq ft. no problem right?? well i have to work so my dad takes off and comes to sign the paper work so im not there when they're done. come home, freakin idiots laid all the rooms (3) first then the living room, THEN the hall. well they laid all the rooms one way and the living room opposite so now i have 2 very obvious seams in the hall, one right in front of my door. Looks terrible. i just wanted to scream, dad tells me the guy kept messing with the seam before he left.. he obviously knew he screwed up. never freaking says anything. Now i have to call Lowes and bitch, then they will call him back out here, then what? i have to feaking move all my furniture back to the kitchen so they can tear up the living room and hallway. JUST DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST FREAKIN TIME!

Guest m&pc9

Since were are on crappy service. Has any one noticed McDonalds service has slowed down since they started carrying the special coffees. Seymour Mcds closed and redid the inside for the coffee house look and they are so slow now. I try not to go anymore, but then I have a Big Mac attack.

Guest SUNTZU

The McDonald's near me has always had crappy service. That might have something to do with not understanding Ebonics or Pakistani accents.