British Guy moving to Nashville

Guest BritishShooter

Guest BritishShooter

Hello All,

I am a British student moving to Nashville in August to study at Vanderbilt University. I am a firearms enthusiast and am hoping to get involved in hunting, trap shooting and target shooting through Nashville gun clubs and the University itself. In Britain I am a shotgun licence holder and I own a Browning 525 O/U 12 gauge for general hunting/shooting. I also shoot with a variety of sporting shotguns for trap shooting depending on the venue. Shotguns are the only readily accessible firearm in the UK and I am hoping to expand my knowledge and experience of firearms when I move to the US.

I just thought I would say hello properly, since I joined this forum the members have made me feel really welcome and I wanted to say thanks.

Happy shooting everyone!:D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c.a.s.

Too bad you aren't moving to East TN, we have lots of get-togethers that you could come to and really expand your knowledge.

• Administrator

Welcome to the Colonies. :D

I'd like to invite you to attend one of our Middle Tennessee Meet & Shoot events. It's just a short drive down the interstate from Nashville and would provide you a pleasant opportunity to shoot quite a few different firearms.

• Administrator
Too bad you aren't moving to East TN, we have lots of get-togethers that you could come to and really expand your knowledge.

Yeah, because we don't ever do that in middle Tennessee. Plus we have running water and electricity in our part of the state. :D

Guest jos2f

Good luck finding ammo to shoot for pistols >_> Might want to start stocking up on it as soon as you get to the states.

Welcome to TN though, plenty of good places to shoot and fondle guns. I recommend making your way to a Gunshow at the Fairgrounds, as you will get to see many a gun there.

That is my 2 cents, so take it for what it's worth.

Guest c.a.s.
Yeah, because we don't ever do that in middle Tennessee. Plus we have running water and electricity in our part of the state. :D

We post pictures though, which makes it look like we do it more often and have more people (well, usually.)

Hey, we got running water! At least, I do!

Guest GT_Rat

The creek out back doesn't count.

Welcome to the site and Tennessee. We aren't as backwoods as everyone has told you we are. :D

At least not the middle TN folks. :poop:

• Administrator
We post pictures though, which makes it look like we do it more often and have more people (well, usually.)

Hey, we got running water! At least, I do!

If you guys have time to stand around taking pictures, you aren't shooting as much as we do over here. :D

Welcome! I just got back from Oxford, where I enjoyed a day of fun shooting--only with a camera. :hat: Recognize this?

oxford10.jpg

And our oldest son spent time at Oxford as an exchange student.

When you get to the area and need a shooting outlet, let me know and I'll take you shooting while you wait for your permit stuff.

Guest crhoades

PM me when you get here and I'll take you to On Target where you can rent an AK47, sub-machine guns and any type of pistol you want to.

Guest BritishShooter
Welcome! I just got back from Oxford, where I enjoyed a day of fun shooting--only with a camera. :hat: Recognize this?

oxford10.jpg

And our oldest son spent time at Oxford as an exchange student.

When you get to the area and need a shooting outlet, let me know and I'll take you shooting while you wait for your permit stuff.

Ye, I do recognise that. It is about 2 minutes walk from where I go to college at the moment.

Thanks all for your offers of shooting, I am really looking foward to my 5 years in TN!!!!;):)

Yeah, because we don't ever do that in middle Tennessee. Plus we have running water and electricity in our part of the state. :hat:[/quote

We have running water. It's out in the crik (creek for you city folk). Take a jug and fetch some every morn. Get the mule a goin' round and round and the generator gets the 'puter fired up. :)

• Administrator

We have running water. It's out in the crik (creek for you city folk). Take a jug and fetch some every morn. Get the mule a goin' round and round and the generator gets the 'puter fired up. :)

Whew! Sounds like a lot of work. :hat:

Guest Gun Geek

LOL, hey now, we have running water and power, however phone lines are questionable.

By the way welcome to the forum and an early welcome to the U.S.A.

Guest bkelm18

Welcome! You will enjoy your stay. Plenty of folks around here that would be more than happy to let you shoot with them so you too can enjoy the great American past time of shootin' stuff. :)