Response from Gov Bredesen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Doc44
I got a reply but it was a very personal letter explaining how big of a mistake he had made and he was very apologetic. Then I woke up and realized it is the same form letter you all got. And it appears that we all got them at the same time so they obviously sent it from a distribution list. I didn't bother replying to him.

and he didn't bother reading your original one.

Doc44

You know what's amazing? I sent e-mails out, but not to the Gov., but I got the same e-mail. Think he had this sent to all HCP holders????

I take it back, I just checked my sent file and I did send him an e-mail.

Edited by Farman
It's just a situation of mind over matter. We no longer mind, because Bredesen no longer matters.

Hey Bredesen! 69/27!

Hey :poop:Bredesen:poop:, BITE ONE!... :lol:

I Mean 69/27!

He must not like me. I got NO response at all...

And after sending him such kind words, such as- I am sorry you cant run again because I can't have the pleasure of getting to vote AGAINST you.

I wanna email from Phil... :bat:

Edited by adamween

I didn't get an email reply, and am an HCP holder.

It doesn't matter becasue the House did the right thing today (picked up 3 votes too) and the Senate will override tomorrow. How long until it becomes official after that?

Take that Phil!

Somebody correct me if i am wrong...

I think it goes into effect as soon as its passed by both the house and senate. Instantly law.:lol:

I think both Speakers must sign it first, but that shouldn't take too long.

Guest SUNTZU
I think both Speakers must sign it first, but that shouldn't take too long.

I hope nothing untoward happens when it reaches a certain speaker's desk. :lol:

I hope nothing untoward happens when it reaches a certain speaker's desk. :lol:

Assuming you're speaking about the House, I think we're okay. He slammed the door pretty hard on the "filibustering" tactics of the bill's opponents when the question was put. He allowed Mr. Naifeh and another gentleman from Memphis to have their say, then said, "Look, we all know what is in this bill, and no one is going to change another's mind. We're voting on it, now" or words to that effect.

Guest SUNTZU
Assuming you're speaking about the House, I think we're okay. He slammed the door pretty hard on the "filibustering" tactics of the bill's opponents when the question was put. He allowed Mr. Naifeh and another gentleman from Memphis to have their say, then said, "Look, we all know what is in this bill, and no one is going to change another's mind. We're voting on it, now" or words to that effect.
I didn't see it, thank you. It was just the first thing that popped into my head when I read that post.
Guest sstouder

my reply:

i know you wont read this but maybe one of your assistants will. so maybe he/she can explain to me where in the bill drinking and carrying is legal and where in the 2nd amendment it establishes where we can/cannot carry our guns. Thanks (assistant)

Guest CrazyLincoln

Gotta love the liberal logic at work here:

It is because of this principle that Tennessee state law has long prohibited the possession of firearms in places that serve alcohol.House Bill 962 would remove this safeguard in a manner that I, as well as many law enforcement officers, believe would be reckless and lacking safeguards to ensure public safety.A key role of government is to ensure public safety. To do that, government must strike a balance between the rights afforded to us by the Constitution and common-sense rules that must be applied to the exercise of these rights.

Funny, I was always taught that the constitution superseded any other law. I also did a search of both the US and TN constitution and the only mention of "public safety" is the suspension of habeas corpus during insurrection. I saw no mention of "common sense" anywhere. :lol:

If some of these politicians could get political points for it, they would find "common sense solutions " to squeeze blood from a rock. Spend millions of dollars doing so. Then blame the other party for the lack of blood.:bat:

I do not understand how the governor did not get that SUNTZU'S real name is Betty??? Weird

I got the same canned response from him yesterday. Emailed back and told him to shove it basically. Doubt it gets read anyway. Probably some kind of program that culls key words and names then issues a reply if need be. I wonder if the program understands "UP YOURS you elitist liberal". LOL

I got the same reply and wrote back that he must not have checked the surrounding states that allow carry in restaurants about how the people act. A lack of trust in the good folks from Tennessee and a big decider in the next governors election.

Guest TEBISH

I got the letter and my response was:

Governor,

Since alcohol and guns don't mix - do you intend to seek legislation that would ensure police officers remove their guns before entering restaurants and bars - whether on duty or off? Why exactly are police officers afforded rights that the average citizen is not? HB0962 did not intend to mix alcohol with guns. Consumption of alcohol by anyone with a HCP while carrying a firearm is already and would have stayed illegal.

If you would prefer I vote for you then I would prefer to get a non-mass email in response. I would also prefer that you stand up for the rights of law abiding citizens but that seems to be a long shot.

Guest archerdr1

I received the same one. I sent him a response just stating that I would like a letter answering the questions that i asked. This is what I got:

"Your most recent message has been received, and I thought I would respond to you.

You know, Darin, the Governor gets anywhere from 500 to 3,000 e-mails a day. He also gets a lot of paper mail and phone calls. In the 30 years I have been doing this kind of work, the only way I have been able to figure out how too handle that kind of volume is to make sure we at the staff level know and understand the message that is being sent, to give the Governor (or other elected official) a daily and sometimes twice daily summary of his messages, to give him a few representative letters so that he can understand the tone of these messages, get him to let me know what he wants to say, and be sure that people get a response.

But apparently, Darin, you know a better way. So tell me, Darin. How do you suggest that the Governor or your two U.S. Senators or our Members of Congress read and respond to this much mail, personally and individually, every single day? Do you suppose they should do anything with their time other than hang on the computer and read and respond to e-mails? Since you apparently know all there is to know about that, please let me know.

What alternative to a well-thought-out letter to everyone who wrote or messaged the Governor about the gun bill, a letter that the Governor specifically asked be sent to you and everyone else who wrote to him, do you suggest?

Sincerely,

Bill Mason

Director of Community Affairs

Office of the Governor"

I do understand that he gets a lot of emails, letters, and phone calls. I understand that his staff has to read them and report back, but could those staff members ask him the questions, get an answer, and let me know? Sure didn't have to get so SNIPPY!

I received the same one. I sent him a response just stating that I would like a letter answering the questions that i asked. This is what I got:

"Your most recent message has been received, and I thought I would respond to you.

You know, Darin, the Governor gets anywhere from 500 to 3,000 e-mails a day. He also gets a lot of paper mail and phone calls. In the 30 years I have been doing this kind of work, the only way I have been able to figure out how too handle that kind of volume is to make sure we at the staff level know and understand the message that is being sent, to give the Governor (or other elected official) a daily and sometimes twice daily summary of his messages, to give him a few representative letters so that he can understand the tone of these messages, get him to let me know what he wants to say, and be sure that people get a response.

But apparently, Darin, you know a better way. So tell me, Darin. How do you suggest that the Governor or your two U.S. Senators or our Members of Congress read and respond to this much mail, personally and individually, every single day? Do you suppose they should do anything with their time other than hang on the computer and read and respond to e-mails? Since you apparently know all there is to know about that, please let me know.

What alternative to a well-thought-out letter to everyone who wrote or messaged the Governor about the gun bill, a letter that the Governor specifically asked be sent to you and everyone else who wrote to him, do you suggest?

Sincerely,

Bill Mason

Director of Community Affairs

Office of the Governor"

I do understand that he gets a lot of emails, letters, and phone calls. I understand that his staff has to read them and report back, but could those staff members ask him the questions, get an answer, and let me know? Sure didn't have to get so SNIPPY!

I would've responded that I am the most important person in the state, and Gov B should know this already. I expected better performance out of the governor.

This I would file an official complaint on Mr. Mason for his clear lack of respect for a lawful citizen of the State of Tennessee.

I would've responded that I am the most important person in the state, and Gov B should know this already. I expected better performance out of the governor.

This I would file an official complaint on Mr. Mason for his clear lack of respect for a lawful citizen of the State of Tennessee.

It's all I can do not to email the governor and tell him where he can put his veto and his snippy little staffer.