Sneak peak: Hero-15

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that picture is fresh off the CNC machine, and has not been anodized yet.

The first picture of the much anticipated Hero-15 lower receiver from Hero-Gear / Hero Guns in Winchester TN.

These lowers, along with their matched upper receivers will serve as the foundation for our line of high quality AR style rifles due later this summer.

Each rifle will be hand built using the very best parts and components available, and will give customers an option of custom configuring a rifle to meet their particular mission requirements.

Rifles will be offered in a variety of configurations; Carbine, DRM, SBR, and Select Fire (restrictions apply) with portions of the proceeds from each sale going to the customer's choice of 4 Hero-Gear supported charities.

About the receivers:

Utilizing a Gen 3 billet lower with its patent pending nylon set screw which ensures a tight upper to lower fit 100% of the time. Each upper/lower receiver starts as a solid block of 6061 aluminum billet before it starts the long and labor intensive process of being CNC machined and hard anodized into the Hero-15

Features:

• CNC Machined from Solid Billet
  • Stronger than Castings
  • Reinforced for Receiver Extension Tube
  • Low Shelf - RDIAS Ready
  • Hard Anodized
  • Marked Multi Caliber for your Building Needs

We are working on finalizing the OE specs, and once that is complete, we will starting nailing down retail prices.

I am thinking of hosting a focus group, which would allow end users to give suggestions/bitchings/gripes/moans about what they like, dont like, want, dont want in a higher end rifle.

I think my crew is pretty dialed into what works and what WE like, but I want to listen to "the people" and make sure we arent standing too close to the fire on this one.

My initial thoughts are to pull around 20 people for this focus group.

I would pull 1/3rd from ARFCOM TN Hometown, 1/3rd from TNGunOwner.com, and 1/3rd from LE, OGA Operator types, and Current and prior 75th Ranger and SF communities.

Thoughts?

We are working on finalizing the OE specs, and once that is complete, we will starting nailing down retail prices.

I am thinking of hosting a focus group, which would allow end users to give suggestions/bitchings/gripes/moans about what they like, dont like, want, dont want in a higher end rifle.

I think my crew is pretty dialed into what works and what WE like, but I want to listen to "the people" and make sure we arent standing too close to the fire on this one.

My initial thoughts are to pull around 20 people for this focus group.

I would pull 1/3rd from ARFCOM TN Hometown, 1/3rd from TNGunOwner.com, and 1/3rd from LE, OGA Operator types, and Current and prior 75th Ranger and SF communities.

Thoughts?

As a high speed, low drag, good to go $8/hr security guard I would like to volunteer my time for the focus group :D

In all seriousness though I can't wait to see it completed Joe.

Guest HexHead
I'm guessing you expect the Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act to get past the governor's desk. I hope you're right!

Shouldn't it say "Made in Tennessee"? :popcorn:

Are you planning on piston uppers too or just DI?

Shouldn't it say "Made in Tennessee"? :popcorn:

I think its important to promote MADE IN USA on all Hero-Gear branded items.

This is a theme that is being carried through in everything we do, from BATTLEMUG, to our 1911 pistols and AR rifles, down to the tactical gear and bags I am designing.

I have in my office (Verne saw it yesterday) a 3 day assault pack, full featured, all the cool-guy stuff, and MADE IN USA.

I will put it against the 259.00 bag that Blackhawk makes in China/Pakistan/Hadji-stan and the 200.00 bag that 5.11 makes in Vietnam.

So, better materials, USA, and a projected MSRP of 129.00 each!

I am trying to refine the statement, but the hang tags will say something to the effect of "Homeland Security starts keeping our jobs in America"

This is a theme that is being carried through in everything we do, from BATTLEMUG, to our 1911 pistols and AR rifles, down to the tactical gear and bags I am designing.

I have in my office (Verne saw it yesterday) a 3 day assault pack, full featured, all the cool-guy stuff, and MADE IN USA.

I will put it against the 259.00 bag that Blackhawk makes in China/Pakistan/Hadji-stan and the 200.00 bag that 5.11 makes in Vietnam.

I am trying to refine the statement, but the hang tags will say something to the effect of "Homeland Security starts keeping our jobs in America"

I got to check out the bags the other day. All I can say is they kick ass. I will be picking one up once they hit the shelf.

Joe I volunteer my expertise in quality control and inventory in the retail clothing world to check out the Hero-15's :popcorn:.

Oh a side note: I told my boss what Mike said "If you lose a pair of Khakis you don't go to jail" comment back was 'don't loose any and you want to find out."

Guest SUNTZU

I'm looking forward to seeing the bag.

Guest JavaGuy

Minor editing tweak..

"Homeland Security starts with keeping our jobs in America"

Guest .45Jon

Awesome...I've been wanting a good bag at a good price..sounds promiseing.