Why a truck gun?

Superman

Right.

How has "not infringed" come to be so amazingly disregarded?

- OS

Words get disregarded. Words like “A well regulated militia†or here’s another one “against unreasonable searches and seizuresâ€.

shrug.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed a Kt sub2000 in my truck with 6 mags. It is there for 1 reason (well 2 if you count "cause I can" and that reason is to get me home in a bad (read major crisis) situation. If I get into a situation where I am in a SD situation I won't be needing to escalate it with the rifle, since as some one here put it "if you can get to your car, just get in and drive away" and I do agree with that. Mine is there for getting me safe back to the family should the ;) hit the fan, and that is all.

Why a truck gun.

Dralarms stated it best. But I will add:

What if I had one in the truck?

And I had a Car Gun?

And I had a Bike Gun?

And I had a Garage Gun?

And a Toilet Gun (hidden within reach of the thrown)?

And I had a Work Gun (one hidden at the work place)?

Also a Garden Gun (buried in a pelican case near the garden)

Granted all but one would be a long gun but would you think me crazy? Would you think I was paranoid? Would you think I had too much time on my hands keeping all those guns lubed and fresh ammo in and around them?

Just asking…………….

As I can see it this can be taken as far as anyone wants it to go.

Or we just accept the fact SOME like guns and want one or more near them at all times.

Why a truck gun.

And I had a Car Gun?

And I had a Bike Gun?

And I had a Garage Gun?

Granted all but one would be a long gun but would you think me crazy? Would you think I was paranoid? Would you think I had too much time on my hands keeping all those guns lubed and fresh ammo in and around them?

Just asking…………….

As I can see it this can be taken as far as anyone wants it to go.

Or we just accept the fact SOME like guns and want one or more near them at all times.

do i think your crazy? no

do i think your paranoid? no

why? because i would have one in every room of my house and in every vehicle and at my workstation, IF i had the money and time to do it. part of me says that you COULD use it for self defense, but logic says one on my person is enough. but the other part of me reminds me that im doing it because i enjoy guns and like being near them.

Why a truck gun.

And I had a Car Gun?

And I had a Bike Gun?

And I had a Garage Gun?

I need all those plus a boat gun, bible gun, soap on the rope / shower gun, mailbox gun, riding lawnmowe gun, etc.

Guest 270win

If you live in the country and have some land, it is nice to keep a shotgun or rifle handy in your vehicle. I did it quite often in Arkansas, where it is legal to keep one fully loaded (no unloaded chamber silliness) without any sort of license. I often needed to get rid of critters that didn't need to be on the property or may have seen a squirrel or rabbit. Coyotes are another good reason, especially if you drive up on them a lot. Coyotes are a big problem and multiply like rabbits. I'm not a big fan of keeping a rifle easily accessible in a car or truck around town because some thug may steal it...and I don't want my gun stolen....I guess you could get a cheap gun that you won't miss...but it is quite a hassle to deal with a broken into car.

Someone joked that they would like to have a few beers and carry his shotgun! Well..in Arkansas there is no law against walking down the street with a long gun loaded after having a few beers or sitting in your buddy's truck with your rifle ready to go between the seats.

Seriously though, I do wish we could have loaded chambers. A friend of mine possibly saved his life in Little Rock with a loaded folding stock SKS he kept behind the front seat of his jeep. A thug decided to wave a pistol at him at a stoplight in Little Rock....my buddy reached behind the seat for the SKS, raised it over the passenger door (top down on jeep), and pointed it down at bro', and clicked the safety off. Bro decided my friend's rifle was bigger than his pistol and hit the gas and put tire marks on the road. No police report...my buddy was nervous but went on his way and was glad he had his SKS.

Edited by 270win

I went to high school in Arkansas, we moved here during my senior year. I have to say, things were much simplier in Arkansas. I can recall many times where some students had rifles hanging in the back glass of their pickups, and no-one shot anybody or got expelled.

I went to high school in Arkansas, we moved here during my senior year. I have to say, things were much simplier in Arkansas. I can recall many times where some students had rifles hanging in the back glass of their pickups, and no-one shot anybody or got expelled.

Kids must be nicer in Arkansas than where I was from. Seems like we had someone getting expelled almost every day.

:D

I meant no one got expelled because of the rifle in their truck, but i don't recall anyone getting expelled for any other reason either. It was a small school. My class graduated with about 50 or 60 people.

Edited by Superman