More Mosin fact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c.a.s.
Well, I used my nancy pad today and still managed to get a blue spot on my shoulder.

Accidentally let it sneak forward?

Or just lots and lots of fun? :rolleyes:

nah, not opened.

I put it in the bunker. I have two full ammo cans and one unopened spam can in there as well as this crate. its good to have x54 rounds stored away.

I will need four assistants when the day comes to open it.

nah, not opened.

I put it in the bunker. I have two full ammo cans and one unopened spam can in there as well as this crate. its good to have x54 rounds stored away.

I will need four assistants when the day comes to open it.

I owe you one. Let me know when the time comes. I'm bringing something stronger than rebar.

The Surgeon General warns that attempting to open a case of Czechoslovakian ammo without assistance and proper tools is known to cause great mental distress, risk of stroke, feelings of malaise, and may in extreme cases cause the throwing and destruction of inanimate objects.

I am very torn between leaving it sit until the rest it about gone, or to open it up and smell the sweet smell that is Czech ammunition.

If the dang thing was not near impossible to do by myself I might have opened it already, LOL

Guest beefcakeb0

i took my '33 izzy 91/30 out yesterday and couldnt hit jack at 50yds, didnt hurt any, cept my pride. it definately saddened me. anybody have recommendations? i was only using a 12x12 board so i dont even know where it was hittin, tried with and without bayo, tried hungarian yellows, czech silvers, and something else i think was bulgarian. i only fired about 15 cuz of the damn extra sticky bolt. which i cant cure for the likes of anything. and i have cleaned while shooting and over a long period at home.

my m44 shoots more accurate could it be a bad barrel?

Edited by beefcakeb0

shoot at a bigger target or move the target closer in until you find out where the bullit is going.

Whats the bore look like?

I would also advise to stick with one kind of ammo until you figure out whats going on.

as for the bolt have you taken the bolt apart and greased it?

There's a ton of things to suggest but:

Make sure you clean out the chamber very well. That's were cases get stuck.

Check the front sight. There is a mark there that should line up with the mount. When lined up, with bayonet attached, you should be in the neighborhood.

When I first got mine had sticky bolt all the time. Now, that I've been shooting and cleaning it regularly, it's quite smooth and accurate (with that pig-sticker attached).

Guest beefcakeb0

thnx, i agree the bigger closer target but didnt have the time, i need to try and find somebody with a drill mounted brush or a baking oven cuz i have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and still get the bolt sticking around the 3rd shot. i have cleaned the bolt itself, and not super greased but lightly oiled it.

bore still has rifling, which is shiny. no pitting. but the grooves have obvious lead still.... i left it tore apart for a month and still get blue and dark grey out of it. it looks barely used, i will post some pics incase my opinion is distorted, i have seen worse though. which on a side note. what do yal think about which kind of brush to use and how long you can reuse it on one of these. i ask because i read that they can deteriorate and deposit more metals? or something like that due to the solvent used for corrosive ammo. and what kind of solvent do you all use and lube afterward?

• 2 weeks later...

With a standars front site it will shoot about a foot high at 100'. My guess you are shooting over the target.

The simplest way to have a higher front site is to slip a piece of wire insulation over it.

Edited by inter1
wrongly read original post
Guest tnmale46
I would like to see the roll marks on the carbine.

They are both fine looking rifles.

ill try and get some pics of that but neither is a carbine both are 91/30 's

With a standars front site it will shoot about a foot high at 100'. My guess you are shooting over the target.

The simplest way to have a higher front site is to slip a piece of wire insulation over it.

Are you shooting the with bayonet attached or extended as the case may be?

Guest beefcakeb0

the pics bring up another mosin question, i have a 33 that is in pretty good condition, now the wood looks great, im wondering if it has been refinished or just never used, the stain is near perfect as far as i know, but it it was refinished the inside of the stock wouldnt likely match the outside would it? because most old ones iv seen are dark, and mines light- medium colored, and the guy that i bought from said that he got from collector who said that it was in stalins special guard, and rarely used, i dont really believe it but you never know... are all old ones dark? is 33 even old? and who has the oldest or rarest ones on here?