More Mosin fact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike.357 viewpost.gif

I was thinking noonish Saturday for shooting instead of browsing KNS. That is if SUNTZU does not mind if I spend my money on ammo, and keep finding more of it in my ammo bunker.

Of course UPS might know something no one else does.

I don't mind at all. I forgot you were buying x54 ammo, as I've been boxing up 9mm and was thinking handgun ammo. Do you like the brand you bought recently? And Garufa, what was the kind you bought that worked well?

Brought this over from the new sentinel thread.

I like the Bulgarian ammo fine. I shot about 60 roundsof it on the 4rth. It all seemed fairly consistant as far as felt recoil and sound of the round going bang. I have some other ammo, Hungarian maybe, and it seems out of a loaded magazine one round will feel different and sound different.

Of course none of this stuff is as bad as the cracked casing ammo I had.

The ammo Garufa has been shooting, Chech stuff really smells aromatic, like they dosed it up with perfume or something. And with his superior marksmanship skills all ammo is accurate.

Handgun ammo is holding out. I do not seem to shoot those things when we are at a place like Norris. I think this past weekend I only ran two mags through the XD45 and one box of 50 through the FEG.

Somehow I have a box of .40S&W but no weapon to shoot them from. I must have been in a ammo daze, eyes glassed over on a trip to walmart or sumptin.

Anyway, I might go for 200 rounds of x54r this weekend and balance it out with some .22lr out of the bolt rifle. Maybe this will be a bolt rifle only shoot for me!

I want to see the crappiest looking Mosin Nagant anyone owns.

Mine is downright ugly. Scratched and gouged stock, cracks. I have on crack in the oven mitt end of the stock that I am hopeful is growing. Gonna watch it close tomorrow. Other than that mine looks like it was run over by a Kraut halftrack, or dropped by a Ruskie as he got shot by his own officers.

Next gun show I want to find one that makes this look like a show piece.

Guest joeharris

Last time i went shooting i brought my M-44 along, with some 200gr. ammo. I was able to do 5 rounds before my shoulder gave out, they other 3 guys handed it back after 2-3 rounds!

But i can easily handle the recoil of my Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2 barrel with 360 gr. ammo, but after 24 rounds with that ammo it does get rough!:)

I am going to run about three patches through mine. one with windex, one with CLP and one that is dry. The freaking gun was made in 1939, has a cracked stock and a broken cleaning rod, not sure it deserves any better.

But I love it, there are many like it but this one is mine.

My trigger finger is way more sore than my shoulder. Long live the Nancy pad

Y'all been stirring up this Mosin kool-aid and it's pretty potent stuff. I took just a sip and wound up with this 91/30. From the discussion here, I believe I must have gotten a bad deal. This one looks too nice, clean and shiny. I'm thinking I should leave it out in the yard for a few weeks then drag it behind my car for a day or two. I got 80 rounds of copper casing ammo with it. I hope it's safe to shoot. Can't wait to get it to a range. I held a couple of Carcanos but they just weren't speaking to me. This Mosin reached right out and grabbed me as I walked by. It came with the spike bayonet, sling, ammo pouch, tool kit, oil can, and the cleaning rod. This thing's nearly as tall as I am. I know, it didn't happen if there's no pictures, so...

DSCF3510.jpg

DSCF3511.jpg

80 rounds of ammunition is totally insufficient. At minimum you need one can of 440 rounds that you will never dare open. You will go to the grave with it still in the closet. So actually you need to start off with a full case of 880 rounds. One to open, the other to stash. Then when you shoot 50 or 100 rounds you will need another can of 440 rounds.

Trust me, that is how this Mosin Nagant stuff works.

Within a few weeks if you do things correctly you will have well over 1000 rounds of the stuff. Also try to buy some from different countries. That's is a prime excuse to get another spam can of the stuff.

Excuses to buy more ammo, thats what its all about, (don't believe that it is about the hokey pokey)

80 rounds of ammunition is totally insufficient. At minimum you need one can of 440 rounds that you will never dare open. You will go to the grave with it still in the closet. So actually you need to start off with a full case of 880 rounds. One to open, the other to stash. Then when you shoot 50 or 100 rounds you will need another can of 440 rounds.

Trust me, that is how this Mosin Nagant stuff works.

Within a few weeks if you do things correctly you will have well over 1000 rounds of the stuff. Also try to buy some from different countries. That's is a prime excuse to get another spam can of the stuff.

Excuses to buy more ammo, thats what its all about, (don't believe that it is about the hokey pokey)

I guess it's time to clean out the closet to make some room!

Guest gunslinger707
I am going to clean my Mosin untill there is no black residue or blue copper traces. Later. :P

But I did make a good head start of it tonight after blowing 90 painless rounds through it. :)

The Nancy-Pad rocks!

You got Pelosi on yer Mosin ???

Sorry Garufa just could'nt resist !!!!!!B):rofl::P:rofl:

The only bad thing about shooting these is that you do have to be pretty judicious with cleaning them since just about all that misurp ammo is corrosive (even when many of the places selling it say it's not). I like bore snakes though (I know I am late to the party, btu i just discovered them). I run that through twice when I am done shooting at the range, then rund some patches through when I get home.

Guest joeharris

One trick a lot of us use, is after a day of shooting Corr. ammo, simply shoot 5 rounds of non-corrosive! That gets rid of 95 % of any corrosive residue!:rolleyes: