More Mosin fact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

I may make thurs or fri a range day at norris, I have 5 in my arsenal now, onw will be gifted to a great freind only after passing extensive 100yd + accuraccy. might bring one 91/30 and 2 m44s, one needs some work to make the sights accurate w/o the bayo thogh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HvyMtl

Hmm. I now have 2 Mosin. A round receiver 91/30 1943 Izzy post war arsenal refurbished, and a 1942 Sk.Y 1942 M39 with a 1897 Tula receiver.

Yeah, looks like we need a Mosin shoot.

here is a fact.

I shot my Mosin a few months ago ( among many other times). On the drive home I noticed a distinct tooth ache developing. Seems I damaged a tooth by knocking a filling loose on the side of my face that welds to the stock. Coincidence??? I don't know but I ended up needing a root canal and a crown.

Most expensive 78 dollar rifle I have ever owned.

Guest 1817ak47
here is a fact.

I shot my Mosin a few months ago ( among many other times). On the drive home I noticed a distinct tooth ache developing. Seems I damaged a tooth by knocking a filling loose on the side of my face that welds to the stock. Coincidence??? I don't know but I ended up needing a root canal and a crown.

Most expensive 78 dollar rifle I have ever owned.

is this the same mosin I got from you by chance???

is this the same mosin I got from you by chance???

actually it was. Not the reason I did the trade though. I am just not a fan of the M44. I have tried twice and it just never took. I much prefer the 91/30. Mine is a Finish capture I believe.

Guest Boogieman

My dad has been interested in getting a Mosin and I've been checking them out too. I am not very familiar with them. Dad has shoulder problems and on a recent trip to the range he shot my Ithaca 20ga. single shot a grand total of twice before backing away with a pained look. These things have a good deal of recoil? I'm wanting to get one for him for a gift but if they kick like mules perhaps I'd better look elsewhere.

My dad has been interested in getting a Mosin and I've been checking them out too. I am not very familiar with them. Dad has shoulder problems and on a recent trip to the range he shot my Ithaca 20ga. single shot a grand total of twice before backing away with a pained look. These things have a good deal of recoil? I'm wanting to get one for him for a gift but if they kick like mules perhaps I'd better look elsewhere.

He would be miserable shooting a Mosin. Does he shoot any other high-powered rifles? (AR's do not count :shake:)

Guest Boogieman

I'll let him down easy, lol. He's more into handguns but he saw a Mosin somewhere and was asking me about them. I may go ahead and pick one up for myself and let him shoot it a bit. If he likes it and handles it well I'll get him one of his own. Thanks guys.

Guest Boogieman
Feels about like a 12 ga w/ a slug.

So it'll be like my 20ga with birdshot, lol. My shotgun kicks like a mule and most likely has more spunk than most 12ga these days. I should be just fine with it but dad might not handle it too well. If he can take it with his bad shoulder shooting mine then I'll get him his own. Thanks for the comparrison.

my first firing of the infamous Mosin was somewhat shoulder racking, however, I have sense purchased one and am itching to fire it......yes I am a glutton for punishment, beats banging your head against a wall or cutting yourself or some other stupid chit like that. Somehow feeling percussion in one's body makes everything right with the world......

my first firing of the infamous Mosin was somewhat shoulder racking, however, I have sense purchased one and am itching to fire it......yes I am a glutton for punishment, beats banging your head against a wall or cutting yourself or some other stupid chit like that. Somehow feeling percussion in one's body makes everything right with the world......

These mythical boomsticks have also been known to knock teeth loose.

Bought my father a re-arsenaled 91/30 for his birthday and shot the crap out of it with him today - I have no idea why anyone needs a nancy-pad on these.

How many rounds did you personally fire through it?