More Mosin fact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 91/30 that I think is a Finnish capture of a Russian rifle. It has a Finnish stock anyway. I will sell it for 462 dollars if anyone is interested.

( the price is ridiculous so you all understand it is really not for sale so I do not violate any CoC here))

Guest nathan362

Sounds like I need to go to more RK shows.. Bill goodman is getting less and less interesting Mosins. Though I did get my M39 from there last time I went. Before you tell me RK has a lot more going on than Goodman, I know!

I saw some 91/30s at the show in Knoxville last week, but only one other M44/Type 53. Those seem to have dried up. Had some table holder tell me he was still getting them for $60, but he didn't have any on his table. The 91/30s were selling for $109 and up.

Yeah I guess 91-30 rifles at $109 is about right. A C&R holder might beat that some. But with shipping it would be about that. I ordered some back in Dec. from S.O.G. and with shipping as best as I remember they was about $102 or something like that. But yeah the M44 and Type 53 carbines are about dried up. You don't see anybody anymore that has'em.

Guest dart67eb

I own a '43 M38 and a '39 91/30. They will shoot through rebar like butter at 200+ meters. The boys and I put about 300 rds through them in the last 4 days. Prone and standing are fine but the sitting position hurts my shoulder.

so when I bought my 91/30 it did not come with a bayonet. I picked one up at the last gun show. The thing would not fit. ( i made a post some of you may recall)

While watching the TCM Mermorial Weekend war movie marathon this afternoon I pulled out the dremel like tool and started working on the bayonet. I worked it for about an hour. Shave some metal and try to fit it, yanno. Finally it slipped right on, fits like a glove ( not OJ's glove).

I am very curious as to how it will shoot with it on. It has shot a little to the left and I am hopeful the bayonet being attached will bring it back to center.

I did not want any of you losing sleep over my bayonet situation for those of you that replied to my previous post. So thats why I gave an update.

Guest HvyMtl

Hmm. My only suggestion Mike.357 is to try it on the right side first, then adjust when you are target practicing... (Besides, it will be fun anyway...)

Guest HvyMtl

Looked at the bayonet that came with my 91/30 - it has a slot for the front sight to fit in... and a pressure level to keep the thing on. Does yours look the same?

it was not hard to do. I had an attachment for the dremel like tool with some emery paper on it that was small enough to fit in the bayonet hole, and I used a metal attachment as well.

I worked it a little with the metal thing and then go over it with the emery paper then check for fit. Just took some paying attention to go over it evenly.

Now everything fits the way it was designed and it did not take a mallet to get it on and off :usa: I am really looking forward to shooting it on the next range trip.

Guest nathan362

Too bad I never shoot with any of yall. I have a sight tool that is down right sweet if you ever wanted to zero it without a bayo. Its as easy as turning a hex wrench.

Too bad I never shoot with any of yall. I have a sight tool that is down right sweet if you ever wanted to zero it without a bayo. Its as easy as turning a hex wrench.

Send it to me and I'll adjust Mike's sight while he's not looking. :D

"Now it's shooting a foot in the other direction with the bayonet on. ****, ****,...."

Guest HvyMtl

They seem to be the cheapest right now... If you do not have a C&R - send it to a licensed gun shop and pick it up - adds around $35 (including background check of $10) plus shipping to the cost...

One suggestion, call Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Guns and Leather, Outpost Armory, and some of our other sponsors. They may be able to beat the price plus shipping and FFL fees... and you get to 1) inspect before buying and 2) get to take it home the same day as purchase...

where did you get the sight tool?

I shoot with a few tools :P, but none of them seem to be able to adjust anything :P

Guest nathan362

Found it on Ebay actually. There was one called the LT2, but it isnt being made anymore. This one serves the same purpose and moves the sight with ease. Unfortunatly it wont work on any carbine sights as they have a wider base.

Found it on Ebay actually. There was one called the LT2, but it isnt being made anymore. This one serves the same purpose and moves the sight with ease. Unfortunatly it wont work on any carbine sights as they have a wider base.

Found this by googling LT2

Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (2005) - Surplusrifle.com

Gotta see about laying hands on one.