Bar-B-Cutie Not Gun Friendly

Guest Ravendove

Guest Ravendove

I don't know if anyone here knows this yet, but the Bar-b-cutie in Donelson has "No Guns" signs on all their doors now. I won't be eating there anymore and I intend to let them know. They don't even serve alcohol. Personally, I find that even more insulting.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any business has the right to post....and the right to lose our business. I don't go where I'm not wanted either. Well, I do go to work and can't carry there but I like getting a paycheck. Darn the realities of life.

Guest redbarron06

I have been to the ones in Smyrna and Madison carrying before. Never noticed but I will look to see next time I am around. If they are posted I will not give them any more money for sure.

Guest Ravendove

Well, this one didn't have signs before, either. I know because I've carried there before. The signs are brand new.

Guest HexHead
I don't know if anyone here knows this yet, but the Bar-b-cutie in Donelson has "No Guns" signs on all their doors now. I won't be eating there anymore and I intend to let them know. They don't even serve alcohol. Personally, I find that even more insulting.

Not nearly as insulting as their food. 2nd rate BBQ at best.

Not nearly as insulting as their food. 2nd rate BBQ at best.

Yep, and I didn't think Calhouns was that much better. Interesting to note that both places have apparently posted now.

I would love to know why they've just decided to post now, if they don't serve alcohol.

Guest HexHead
Yep, and I didn't think Calhouns was that much better. Interesting to note that both places have apparently posted now.

I would love to know why they've just decided to post now, if they don't serve alcohol.

i have to admit, I really like(d) Calhoun's smoked prime rib they serve on Fri. and Sat. nights. But after reading the owner's stupid comments he made to some paper during the legislative session, I sent them a comment through the restaurant's website (contact us). I let them know while I was a regular customer, I'd be eating my prime rib across the street at J. Alexander's from now on.

Guest Jcochran88

I don't eat at either one (cutie, or calhouns) so this doesn't bother my eating habbits. But dang why want they even give it a chance. I guess they have made their minds up and we the law byidding paying citizen have all of together become their biggest threat!

I have been to the ones in Smyrna and Madison carrying before. Never noticed but I will look to see next time I am around. If they are posted I will not give them any more money for sure.

I know the Madison store is not posted. Was there a couple of days ago and looked before entering. BBQ is so so......

Guest redbarron06
I know the Madison store is not posted. Was there a couple of days ago and looked before entering. BBQ is so so......

Thanks Night Stalker.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Bar-B-Cutie barely qualifies as fast food when it comes to good BBQ. They can post all they want as far as I'm concerned. The fact that they posted when they don't even serve alcohol shows me that they are just being ignorant.

Guest GlockRule

mm, well I actually think the BBQ is pretty good-at least at the Franklin/Hwy 96 location my coworkers and I frequent...I will have to see if there is a sign there next time-if so then I'll knock that one of the lunch list.

They are not not gun freindly, but concerned that the average gangbanger will walk in and carry a gun with them. I urge you to call them and ask if you are a HCP holder if this applies to you. I just had a lengthy conversation with the store manager and I urge you all to do the same.

Guest HexHead
They are not not gun freindly, but concerned that the average gangbanger will walk in and carry a gun with them.

I'm sure the sign will be a real deterrent then. :screwy::eek:

I spoke to the manager on Tuesday about this. She rambleled on for 10 minutes trying to tell me why they posted, but none of it made any sense. Something about a bar next door, and people coming in from the bar. Made no sense to me. She did tell me that her signs did not meet the State standards, so they really didn't mean anything to the HCP carrier.

I told her that our group that eats there every week, will not be back until the signs come down.