I Hate Yahoo Answers

poak

I was farting around on "Yahoo Answers" today, and someone had asked the question "What will be the replacement for the USGI Standard Issue Rifle?".

Several answers followed, and the one chosen for best answer was this poppycock:

I just got out after 6 1/2 years as a Green Beret.

We still use the M4 Carbine (a shorter variation of the M16).

The M16 is a light, dependable, versatile weapon, as is the M4 Carbine.

Bushmaster is just a civilian maker of the same thing, same round, same everything pretty much of the M16 and M4. The just call their rifles different things, but they have the same rifling, powder, and weight/size of bullet.

I have used a couple of H&K sub-machine guns that I believe the US will be giving to certain Infantry, Cavalry Scouts, Armor crewmen, and Special Operations soldiers.

Dont want to divulge too much, but there is also a new weapon that we were testing about 6 months ago. Its a 7.62X54 that shoots Semi-Auto, 3 round burst, Full Auto, and also has an adjustable sensitivity trigger mechanism with rail system for "long range" scope shots....All that and it weighs just a little bit less than the standard M16!

Source(s):

US Army Special Forces veteran

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!

I looked at some of the guy's other Q&A's, and found he answered the question "Are You Afraid of Death?" in another section of YA... Here's his answer:

Man, death is THE ONLY GUARUNTEED THING in life.

Point blank.

I did Special Forces in the Army for the past 6 1/2 years. Ive seen A LOT of friend AND foes die. Ive killed my share and Ive dang near been killed plenty of times.

And in those last few seconds, when you look into a dying man (or woman's) eyes, they just go blank.

I dont know where you go. A dead person is, like you said, just gone. No coming back. No seconds, minutes, hours, days, or years. AS SOON as a human dies, IT IS OVER. Thats it man. Where do we go?

I dont know for sure. I mean I would like to think we go to a better place in spirit, such as Heaven. But I havent died and came back yet, either, so I dont have a valid, factual statement for that.

But no, IM NOT SCARED OF DEATH. In fact, I look forward to it. Hope this helps.....

Source(s):

Special Forces (US Army)

LOTS of combat experience

I've never wanted to track someone down and kick them in the nuts as bad as I do right now...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope I didn't put this in the wrong place... I just thought since the original topic was the future rifle of the armed services, it could go here... the more I think about it, it's more of a General Off-Topic kinda thing... feel free to move it!

But he's a Green Beret/Special Forces/Top Gun instructor! He'll kick your a$$! :)

What a douche....

The 7.62x54 US Rifle that shoots ComBloc ammo pissed me off enough, then his claim that he was a "Quiet Professional" (neither of which he is representing himself as), then the post basically about how many people he's killed... my BS meter is pegging in the red!

Guest gcrookston

Some years ago when I was a Director of a Credit Group for Volvo Truck Finance because my brother had recently been in the office and met my crew one of the analysts brought me a credit application from a guy that had prior employment (9.5 yrs) "Navy SEAL" .

The credit was pretty sparse, but not bad, so I called him up with a few more questions. When I asked him what his BUDS Number was he answered he was in a special unit and that was classified. I thanked him, hung up the phone and classified the applicant "DWP" (Decline with Prejudice) -- meaning under no circumstances would our company ever entertain the applicant.

When I asked him what his BUDS Number was he answered he was in a special unit and that was classified.

Wow... just wow.

I wonder what the ratio of people that believe their crap to people who call them on it is?

I know I've ran into my fair share of Scout Snipers at the range before... funny how they couldn't even remember where exactly they went to Sniper School. One guy even told me "I was in a highly specialized unit, they moved us around a lot, between that and my odd short deployments to undisclosed locations, I can barely remember where I went to Boot Camp!".

I run into these kinds of people all the time. I just ignore them, and if they are really bothersome, I tell them that they are a disgrace to everyone that has truly served their country.

Then walk away, with one eye over my shoulder in case they try some super top secret Green Beret karate chop to my heel.

Guest 1shot

I would like to have a dime for every "sniper, special forces, SEAL, delta force, force recon" member that I have run into at shooting ranges or gun shows or on line. I would be a rich man. Most of these people present the IQ of a rock.

A 7.62X54R caliber rifle that weighs less than a M-16 with three shot burst. :poop: First shot at what you were aiming at second shot 3 feet over your target and third shot at the moon. :screwy:

I would like to have a dime for every "sniper, special forces, SEAL, delta force, force recon" member that I have run into at shooting ranges or gun shows or on line. I would be a rich man. Most of these people present the IQ of a rock.

A 7.62X54R caliber rifle that weighs less than a M-16 with three shot burst. :poop: First shot at what you were aiming at second shot 3 feet over your target and third shot at the moon. :screwy:

no kidding

how the hell is someone going to make a 7.62x54R rifle in select fire weighing less than an m16 when they cant make a 7.62x51 rifle in the same configuration? i bet the military has more 762nato ammo than they do 762x54r ammo laying around.

besides, in reality, the military is looking for a cartridge with more knock-down power than 556 but not the recoil or weight of 762. so ive heard. and that is IF they ever replace the m4/m16

My Marine son home for the weekend said he got to shoot something in 6.8 (have I jacked that up?) at Ft. Leanordwood. I can't remember what the platform was, but he said that's the round they're looking at, fwiw. Maybe some are already using it? I don't know.

My Marine son home for the weekend said he got to shoot something in 6.8 (have I jacked that up?) at Ft. Leanordwood. I can't remember what the platform was, but he said that's the round they're looking at, fwiw. Maybe some are already using it? I don't know.

Yeah, prolly Remington's 6.8SPC in the AR platform.

I think it looks like a pretty promising platform. I read an article a while back where a guy ran through a sniper course w/ an LMT 18" SPR in 6.8SPC, and he's was preforming extremely well up against all the guys w/ their R700's. I think the round has quite a bit of promise.

There's a pretty interesting book that has been around for a few years, called, "Stolen Valor." Its about these kinds of people who claim to be war heroes, special forces, seals, etc...many were not ever stationed anywhere near a war,, some were but were not in combat, and some weren't even in the military.

Guest gcrookston

I have never pretended to be a high-speed operator, but I do like to play with their toys. When my brother and best bud were in the Teams and I was in NC, it was a heck of a lot of fun. Back in the early days of my career I was a repo man taking trucks from truck drivers.

The first time I visited my brother at Little Creek was for a bachelor party for one of his guys in the Team. These guys had spend months in the south American jungles and when it got dark, they stopped moving and told stories about their lives. So I have a dozen high-speed operators asking me questions about this friggin dangerous work I did, unarmed-- no less! The story about getting shot at taking a Peterbilt, get shot at repo'ing a trailer. It was never worth my life, I never had any desire to serve the cause. Jeez. I will never pretend to be in the same league as these guys, yet they were amazed that I would do such crap unarmed. I found it flattering, but at the same time confusing -- because these were the real deal. I just had a job.

And I've been around enough of these guys to tell you the most under spoken man in the room will be him. I met the SEAL with the most confirmed kills. He was at the airbase in Panama when they were taking out Norega. That dude looks and carries himself like an elementary school teacher. My best bud I would let date my sister (SEAL team 2? he was part of Blackhawk down in Somilia).

Edited by gcrookston
There's a pretty interesting book that has been around for a few years, called, "Stolen Valor." Its about these kinds of people who claim to be war heroes, special forces, seals, etc...many were not ever stationed anywhere near a war,, some were but were not in combat, and some weren't even in the military.

Yeah, nothing new. Recently on BBC a supposed paratrooper from D-Day was found out to be a fraud and the French town that erected a small monument in his honor had to tear it down.

I mean, really? Claiming you jumped on St. Mere Eglis when you were a POG the whole war?