Anyone ever go/have been prairie dog blasting?

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

Any of you ever waste some of these things? If you haven't oh boy your missing out! I'm going to try to come back out here (CO) as much as I can. Best target/marksmanship training there is in my opinion.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

Well I figured you guys don't have p-dogs down there but was wondering if you ever have had the chance to come west and blast em'. On your groundhogs.......I here that is a blast. Its more like hunting from what I here out here with p-dogs. In p-doggin we pull up out in the prairie (east CO) with our trucks and set up tables and unleash the furry on these cute little vermin. I got some good kill photos but a bit graphic. Not sure if it would be tasteful to post. I've got confirmed kills out to 600 yards with 22-250AI. Best sport around IMO!

Guest GunTroll
My prairie dog is armed.

Not scared at all!

I've pistol fried the pups when they come out to see why mom or dad did make it into the mound when the 40 grainers started raining in on em'. I walk to see the carnage sometimes if it was a spectacular hit. Sometimes they flip up a few feet with low center mass hits. When I get close the dumb pups come out and ZAP! Yeah I'm kinda weird but boy is it fun!

Guest GunTroll

Like chicken! What else?!

Naw. I don't touch em'. Got the sars, or plague, or swine flu, or something. Leave em' lay. Coyote bait!

Guest GunTroll

You guys workin on the squirrels? Taste good? Got to fun! Probably can't just shot em' and leave em since, and I assume they have a season in TN?

I would love to take my son to one of these shoots. He would have a blast! Shooting paper targets, steel spinners, and clay pigeons are boring to him, but moving/reactive targets really get him excited. I cant imagine what he would do if he vaporized a prarie-dog. :P

Guest GunTroll

Well after I move to TN and get all set up I'll be heading back out west from time to time to blast at these things. Those who have gone understand. It isn't hunting but the rush is still there for me. The carnage and test of your marksmanship with the changing wind is what makes it soooooo fun!

Graphic picture below!!!!!!

0616091511.jpg

This is the result of a 40 gr v-max from a 22-250AI I built at 200 yards traveling at 3850 fps MV. Hundreds have meet this fate from me! This is a big sport out here. Lots of people have "secret" spots and are very protective of them. I have seen people charge for p-doggin rights!

Guest GunTroll

Digging, eating all vegitation around there for competeing with cattle. Yes a big problem out here. They don't bother me directly, but I like to shoot em' just to PO the liberal rat lovers!

Guest GunTroll

You serious?! Nasty! They got the plague!

Edit....

Not much left with 40gr v-max anyway if I were to entertain the thought.

Guest Mugster

I always wanted to go. One of these summers I'll get out west and do some doggin.

A good day ground hogging might be one pig killed. We're in the minor leagues that way. Now you can do some damage with a decoy and a crow call, if you can find a spot. It is what it is.