Two Shows next Sat&Sun in Knox & Chatt!

Guest joeharris

Guest joeharris

July 25&26 one in Knox. and one in Chatt!

Sadly on the same dates, so i guess Sat i go to Knox. at Chilhowee and Sunday to The Alhambra Shrine Temple, i just wish they would have been on seperate weekends!

Realistically i dont expect very much from either, since March Shows, at least all the ones i been to have been fair to horrible, with no impending AW Ban some have been like Ghost-town's in the last few month's, even in Knox.

Just do hope we can keep them at Alhambra, since the last 1 there 3 month's ago, was the first there again in 8 or so years, and it was a great show, but very bad lighting!:rolleyes:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just go back from the one in Ktown. No real deals. Some ammo, elevated prices - seems like some I same was Wally's stuff just slightly jacked-up. Reloading supplies, most small 1# powders were $19.95, spp $46/1K as were most primers. Guns, the usual flair along with same ole peddlers. Not as big a crowd as I'd expected, saw lots of people trying to sell rifles. But, it was a gun show and its always fun to throw down the money to go.

Guest joeharris

Well i got there at 2 and left at 5, show was very good, didnt see any great deals, but the opposite, ammo prices high as hell! Not crowded for Knox.

There were 2 Mosin's in the entire show, no Mak's, Toks, or Cz52's, had a great laugh dealer had a $400. tag on a CZ-70 pistol, i asked just for the heck, what is your best deal on there and he said $350. This pistol are not very desired and problematic!

Dealer Steve Martin, whom i bought many guns from had 3 CZ-82's and 2 were in exc.+ he wanted $299. i talked him down to $239. so it cost me $271. OTD! Came with holster, 2 mags, and clean. brush and has no wear, except at the front of slide from holster, but was in best shape of any i ever seen!

Now wonder what Chatt. will be like tomorrow?

Happy as heck, with my new toy, been looking at these for many yrs!

just go back from the one in Ktown. No real deals. Some ammo, elevated prices - seems like some I same was Wally's stuff just slightly jacked-up. Reloading supplies, most small 1# powders were $19.95, spp $46/1K as were most primers. Guns, the usual flair along with same ole peddlers. Not as big a crowd as I'd expected, saw lots of people trying to sell rifles. But, it was a gun show and its always fun to throw down the money to go.

Dang. Wish I knew you were going. I would have tagged along. :poop:

Any who, I was there for about 2hrs. Got there at noon. True it was the same ole' same ole' stuff. Much of it was left overs from the last show or two if people pay attention to the vendors inventory. Not many people really buying anything this time of year.

Ammo was stupid high. One table WAS selling WalMart ammo that you can get for $9 a box for $14 a box. When I asked why so high, his response was "You can't find 9mm anywhere in TN except for the gun shows kid. Try to buy some at a cheaper price." Kid?? Kid?? I'm friggin 34 years old!!

For that response, I walked down 3 tables and purposly bought a box of 9mm for $12 and then walked back to the stupid guy and tossed that receipt plus another from WalMart 2 days ago at him and told him how much cash he's going to loose out on for being ignorant. :)

Edited by kwe45919
Dang. Wish I knew you were going. I would have tagged along. :dropjaw:

Any who, I was there for about 2hrs. Got there at noon. True it was the same ole' same ole' stuff. Much of it was left overs from the last show or two if people pay attention to the vendors inventory. Not many people really buying anything this time of year.

Ammo was stupid high. One table WAS selling WalMart ammo that you can get for $9 a box for $14 a box. When I asked why so high, his response was "You can't find 9mm anywhere in TN except for the gun shows kid. Try to buy some at a cheaper price." Kid?? Kid?? I'm friggin 34 years old!!

For that response, I walked down 3 tables and purposly bought a box of 9mm for $12 and then walked back to the stupid guy and tossed that receipt plus another from WalMart 2 days ago at him and told him how much cash he's going to loose out on for being ignorant. :rock:

good for you! I confronted a guy selling spp for $46/1k and told him I could buy them (didn't tell him I just bought some) for $28/1k and his response was "but you can't find them anywhere and I've got them now". He also ask where I bought them and said they were $40 now cause their price just went up. I replied "bulls**t", I just bought them last week. He said I will pull their website up now and I just left. B4 I left i went back to his table and as expected he hadn't sold a single spp.

There today at opening till little after noon with Mike.357.

Smallest crowd I've seen at a show in a year.

Yah, I could but chortle at all the Wally World ammo still unsold there, most of it still way too high. I might even pay 5% or so over value just for convenience sometimes, but not 30-50%!

New handgun prices, which I have a better handle on than long guns, were way down from last show there. J Frames for $435, XDs for $479, Glocks $500-525, etc.

For you Hi-Point carbine freaks (like me), T&T had one of the new tacticool editions 995 with the new frame, for $50 more than the standard one. I prefer the old ugliness to the new one myself.

I just got a few doolollies, couple boxes of .357 Hornady Leverevolution to try in my 1894 (bout same price as elsewhere), a sling for same that holds 30 rounds, couple ammo boxes (even they were back down to normal - retouced 30 caliber ones with good seals for $5), little lightweight bipod.

Nice non-frenetic show, but I'd say the dealers are hatin' it; the frantic buying spree seems suspended at least for a while. Might be a buyer's market for a while, especially with so many folks facing hard times and having to sell off guns rather than buy more, seems. Hate to see the market go down because of that reason, though.

If the ammo makers can ever catch up and prices go down there, that would be the biggest good thing over all.

- OS

fun like always ,Met up with OS at the door. We only made one lap around the place, but it was so uncrowded I felt there was no stone unturned.

Prize find of the show. I have been looking for a chin strap to fit on a USGI Viet Nam era helmet. Finally got one today.

Most ammunition was priced too high. Old Walmart ammo did not look to be selling much.

Only saw two Mosin Nagant 91/30's. One had a aftermarket Monte Carlo stock i really paid it no attention. The other was WW2 issue, lookEd good. I think it was marked $110??? The only x54 ammo I saw was $122 for a 440 rd tin.

Fun times though. Ended up being a good show right at the end.

Guest joeharris

Went to Shriner's at 1PM, nowhere like last time, but had a good time, not many mil-surps and prices to high, but i got some slings and mag Pouches and our own Spuds had told me yesterday, he had a Mint military holster with acc. for my new CZ-82, so i was really quite Pleased and the had dinner in the Cafeteria,was good and all in all had a good Time!

... and the had dinner in the Cafeteria,was good and all in all had a good Time!

Well, your place has it all over Chilhowee Park in Knoxville food wise. Ours has death dogs and yellow chemical emulsion they put on nachos. And that's the GOOD stuff.

- OS

Guest Rugerman

Was also at the chattanooga show. I thought there were a lot more knives than guns, and a lot more people working tables than people walking through.

Guest Bullwinkle

I also thought Knox. show was not that great, and Chatt. was not near as good as the last 1 there.

JoeHarris, glad you found a great CZ-82 at Knox. yesterday and that you got a Mint Holster for it today, i remember at the last show, you had said you had been looking for an CZ-82. Best wishes, Bullwinkle!

Guest Bluemax

Hit the Knox show on both days. Other than an interesting situation Sat which has been discussed on another thred had a great time. Didn't see many good deals particuarly on ammo but managed to move a couple of long guns I took in on trade and found a good buy on a holster for my MK40 at VOW's booth. So with that and running into a few old friends; I have to say I thought it was a pretty good show. I heard Kingsport is next week, anyone got any input on how good their show is ?