GSG AK47

Trekbike

I wanted to share my new purchase. Some people may say what's the point since they are chambered in .22 LR but I wanted one anyway. I wanted a .22 due to the low ammo cost and versatile nature of the round. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

I was originally looking at the GSG-5 version but after handling both I decided to go with the AK47. Both are imported by American Tactical Imports and they are made in Germany. There is a ton of info out on the GSG-5 but the AK just came out.

I got the wood stock version. I have also attached a pix of a tricked out synthetic version if you have money to burn.

3746176579_c6c8ed3fb8_b.jpg

3746184151_0f67298ba1_b.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WPsharpshooter

They have made it to several retailers here lately.... I got the GSG5 a couple of months ago, might end up getting one of these too :(

Is the muzzle threaded on these?

Yep. As purchased it has a hex shaped threaded insert. My assumption is that they are going to offer an add on muzzle break for looks if you want but I haven't seen any online info yet.

On the front of the manual it shows models with muzzle breaks.

Guest tnpanscraper

Sweet... I'm looking to buy a GSG 5 in the near future.... Anybody know how they shoot? Accuracy and dependability?

-Brad

Sweet... I'm looking to buy a GSG 5 in the near future.... Anybody know how they shoot? Accuracy and dependability?

-Brad

Everything I've heard about the GSG-5 has been positive. There are several online reviews. Also, there is a review in the current August issue of American Rifleman.

Guest BMcCoy

Trekbike, I think I was there when you were purchasing that fine machine. I was waiting in line with a hi point carbine to trade in.

Ben

Trekbike, I think I was there when you were purchasing that fine machine. I was waiting in line with a hi point carbine to trade in.

Ben

Cool. I did notice someone with a hi point standing there. They were way too busy that night to just have two guys working. I almost had enough time waiting that I almost backed out of the purchase. lol

very nice...make sure you follow up this post with a range report!

Will do but it's probably going to be a couple of weeks before I have a chance.

Guest smittyb
I've read the articles. Trying to see if someone one this site has any experience with the GSG 5....

I have a GSG-5 carbine and really like it. I have shot probably 1k rounds through it with no malfunctions of any type. 550 rounds have been the Federal bulk pack with the remainder about 10 different types, testing for accuracy. I have a cheap 4x QD NCStar scope on mine. The best groups I got were with Federal Gold Medal(not match), I didn't really measure them, they were not stellar, but this is not a match gun. It is good enough to hit cans offhand at 50 yards and the little swinging ram thingy at 100 with the scope. Cans are also not too much problem at 50 with open sights from the bench.

Some pics

Picture165.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Guest coldblackwind
I've read the articles. Trying to see if someone one this site has any experience with the GSG 5....

I've got a gsg-5Pk, and my dad and best friend both have carbines. Fun guns to shoot, pretty accurate, pretty reliable, and just all around a blast. Totally worth it.

• 2 months later...

:mad::up:

-Brad

Took my GSG-5 to the range last week for the first time. I'm impressed with the quality. I haven't decided on a scope yet, so I just used the irons. I shot about 200 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt no misfires. I had 4 misfires out of about 250 Federal bulk ammo (this ammo was about 2 years old). No bench test, but I was impressed with the accuracy.

Turns out airsoft components fit the gun to save a few bucks on optics, stocks, etc. Overall :D