Hooters doesn't care

Well, for those of you that don't know, I fired off a letter to Hooters explaining my disappointment with their new policy. Got a response today. (Original letter was deleted by the server issues we have been having.)

"We at the Hooters Hotline received your comments today regarding our concealed weapons policy. Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. Guest feedback is always welcome at Hooters.

In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises. Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision."

I don't know what to say... their loss. Only with me they stand to lose my family, my clients and most of our employees. <sigh>

Edited by Volphin
Sp
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..... I know one radio show host and previous bussinessman of guns shows Mr. Bob Pope who will NO LONGER BE EATING AT HOOTERS. That was one of his favorite places and he ate there at least 2 times every week. I am sure those ladies at Hooters will miss Good Ol' Bob. Their loss. Bob has ALOT of connections in and around the Nashville area....they will lose many more people than just Bob.

Guest Muttling
No different than Outback. "We dont want you carrying weapons, we have hired armed guards for that".

?????????? Have you actually been told that?

I don't frequent Outback or Hooters, but I can't recall seeing an armed guard at a restraunt other than Krystals on the strip. (They hire off duty LEO's for late night protection.)

Hooters on Kingston Pike didn't have one in 2007. (See my link above.)

Guest slothful1
"In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises. Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision."

Actually, I prefer this sort of response to most. It pretty much says "Yes we post, and if you disagree, so be it." It has at least two advantages over most butt-covering letters of this sort -- 1.) it doesn't claim that the decision was made "for the safety of our customers", blah blah blah; and 2.) it doesn't say "we hope you reconsider your decision and choose to dine with us in the future."

Guest D.B. Cooper
I can't recall seeing an armed guard at a restraunt other than Krystals on the strip. (They hire off duty LEO's for late night protection.)

Hooters on Kingston Pike didn't have one in 2007. (See my link above.)

Actually, I can vouch for that. A loooooooong time ago, I used to be the Store Manager for a Krystal in Atlanta. We hired off-duty LEO's three nights a week, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Wednesday night was ladies night at the redneck bar up the street. ;)

Guess I'll be the only one throwing Hooters some love here ;)

Doesn't change anything for me!

Hooters has about the only wings I will eat.

The food is great,the service always warm,the boobs always jiggleriffic!

Their wings suck anyway. Buffalo Wild Wings are better. Girls can be seen anywhere.

Yeah,but only at Hooters can you watch them hoola hoop,and spin a bar stool!

Guest SUNTZU
Guess I'll be the only one throwing Hooters some love here ;)

Doesn't change anything for me!

Hooters has about the only wings I will eat.

The food is great,the service always warm,the boobs always jiggleriffic!

Yeah,but only at Hooters can you watch them hoola hoop,and spin a bar stool!

...and snort a line before the store opens up...yeah, I used to do all the lawncare at one of the local ones many years ago...No coke whores for me.

...and snort a line before the store opens up...yeah, I used to do all the lawncare at one of the local ones many years ago...No coke whores for me.

Ha! Funny you mention that, about 10 years ago a couple of M'boro's finest stoped in to eat at Hooters. On the way in they walk by a car with 4 waitresses snorting coke off the dashboard. Took them all to jail and Hooters had to close for the night because we got the whole night shift! ;)

buk

Guest SUNTZU

I would be there in the morning and see the whole crew gathered around one of the high top tables like vultures on a corpse chopping it up like Tony Montana.

Guest canynracer

hooters doesnt care if we eat there, the are making so much money on advertisments (being in movies), tshirts, calendars "Bike nights" Hooters girl contests, car washes,

please, these guys are probably one of the few that wont even know we didnt show up. Course, not to mention the fact that not all will not patronize...the other states armed citizens may not care as much as we do cause there are so many other choices to eat.

the only way for a big chain to begin to care is a nationwide boycott...As much as I'd like to see it, I just dont see it happening.