Delton optics, cause the last Delton help thread was helpful

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

Ok the Delton is running like a well oiled machine (cause it is now). I'm rather excited cause I made a couple of hits at 200 yards on a 8x11 piece of paper with iron sights. Not great I'm sure but it made me happy.

Now it's time for optics! I'm thinking of a Leupold 3x7 or 3x9. they look to get pretty good reviews and that's about the size I want.

The Delton is the flattop M4 model.

So the problem now is the darn front sight that sticks up like a skyscraper. Why did they do that? I'd prefer to mount the scope to the flat top. Maybe get a laser sight for the rail.

Can I just take the front sight off or do I need to also get another gas block for it? Will my rails still work? I don't have the free float rail.

I can figure out what to do with most of my guns but this Ar stuff has me baffled.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know with my friends 4X acog on my flat top Del-Ton you don't notice the front sight post. I would be easier(for me) and cheaper(for you) to raise a normal scope a little rather than replace the front sight. If I hit a sheet of paper at 200 yards with iron sights I would be framing it, why do you need a scope? :rofl:

With a powered scope you won't see the front sight and it will not affect you vision. However, If you just don't like the F-Type front sight it is fairly easy to remove. Two pins and your done. Your fron sight is also the gas block, so it will have to be replaced. You can put a flipup FS or a low pro gas block and be done with it. I personally like a flip up front sight just in case. http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Iron_Sights___Gas_Blocks.html.

Edited by Smith
Guest mikedwood

See that's why I asked. I bet you guys are right and I won't see the front sight with a scope anyway. Then I can just get a flip up rear sight and a the scope as planned and save some money.

I like it.

When you put a standard scope on a flat top you will have trouble getting your eye down to it without extra tall rings or a riser. Once the scope is high enough to be comfortable you won't notice the front sight.

The sky is the limit on that stuff. I can recommend the Leupold Mark 4 CQT. It's a 1 to 3 circle/dot. 1 power as a reflex sight then turn it to 3 power to punch something further out.

Illuminated reticle scopes like the Truglo pro diamond are pretty cool for less money.

I wanted a one piece mount for my scope. Most were well over $100. I found this at the Nashville gun show for $50. It’s made by J&T Distributing. I’ve had it a couple of years and it has worked great.

As far as optics it depends on your application. Also, you get what you pay for. I have a couple of Leupold scopes and a cheap holographic. I’m looking now at an EOTech.

Then I can just get a flip up rear sight and a the scope as planned and save some money.

If you don’t already have an iron sight I wouldn’t waste the money on a BUIS. You won't ever use it.

pantherScopeMount1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikedwood
When you put a standard scope on a flat top you will have trouble getting your eye down to it without extra tall rings or a riser. Once the scope is high enough to be comfortable you won't notice the front sight.

The sky is the limit on that stuff. I can recommend the Leupold Mark 4 CQT. It's a 1 to 3 circle/dot. 1 power as a reflex sight then turn it to 3 power to punch something further out.

Illuminated reticle scopes like the Truglo pro diamond are pretty cool for less money.

You sir were 100% right. I put my cheap scope (I'm loving this cheap scope though) on it last night cause I was cleaning and decided to rearrage things. I did not notice the front sight at all looking through the scope but could not get my eye on in any comfortable way.

So I'm going to get a riser. Then I'm good.

I also found a Bi-pod that I didn't think worked that well on my MaK 90 that well but it seems to fit the AR very well.

So I'm getting there basically. Slowly but slowly.

Guest logicprevails

I've been jonesing for an ACOG lately, until Metalhead was showing us his EOTech holographic and magnifier last night at the shoot. Now I'm wanting one of those babies.

Guest mikedwood

Got the riser today and put my cheap scope on it. Wow does it look cool and I'm liking the scope. If it will work I'll leave it on there cause I really like the scope.

To be so evil it sure is looking pretty now.