Mid-Tenn TGO Motorcycle Ride

Will You be attending the Mid-Tenn TGO Motorcycle Ride?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be attending the Mid-Tenn TGO Motorcycle Ride?

• Yes, I will be by myself
    • Yes, I will be bringing a guest
    • Yes, I will be bringing 2+ guests
    • No, I won;t be able to attend because my moped is too girly for you guys

Due to the poor weather, todays Mid-Tenn TGO Motorcycle Ride has been canceled.

If anyone is interested, we can try for next weekend.

Date: Saturday, September 19, 2009

Meeting Place: Shell Gas Station/Bar-B-Cutie

8456 Highway 100

Nashville, TN 37221

Departure Time: 10:30 A.M.

Lunch: David Crockett State Park Restaurant

1400 West Gaines (Highway 64)

Lawrenceburg , TN 38464

*** There is no firm time for lunch, but it is important to keep in mind that Lunch is served Tuesday through Sunday from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Route: From the Shell Station/Bar-B-Cutie, it's only 1-2 blocks (IIRC) to the entrance for The Natchez Trace Parkway. We will then travel roughly 74 miles to the South on The Natchez Trace Parkway. We will be exiting The Natchez Trace Parkway at Highway 64. Once at Highway 64, we will head East, until we reach David Crockett State Park for lunch.

*** As far as I know, there will not be anywhere to refuel during our stretch on The Natchez Trace Parkway. However, Self's Market is just 3-4 miles (on the left) from the intersection of The Natchez Trace Parkway and Highway 64. Self's Market is located on Highway 64 and Highway 240. This may be a good place for everyone to plan on refueling.

After lunch, we will continue East a short distance on Highway 64. From Highway 64, we will head North on Highway 43 into Columbia, TN. Once in Columbia, we will head North on Highway 31. Then we will head East on Saturn Parkway to I-65 North. I-65 North will take us into downtown Nashville.

Of course, this route may differ slightly for some, depending on where you live and where you'll be headed at the end on the Mid-Tenn TGO Ride.

At this time, I haven't planned for a rendevous point where everyone can say their goodbyes, but that can be arranged if everyone feels it's a good idea.

*** It is also important to note, the Natchez Trace Parkway is governed by the National Park Service, so at this time it is ILLEGAL to carry loaded firearms while traveling this stretch of roadway.

Just to be 100% certian, I contacted the office in charge of the Natchez Trace Parkway to find out legal protocol for transporting firearms on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Just as I had expected, it is legal to transport your firearms(s), but ammo must be kept seperate at all times.

Because there were a couple members who mentioned a dislike for riding with a group, or riding with a group of riders who didn't ride the same type of bikes, I would like to make a couple suggestions in hopes of making everyone feel comfortable enough to join us.

Riders with sport bikes tend to have the ability to go a little faster than those on cruisers. Maybe the riders with sport bikes can leave a minute or two earlier. That should allow the two groups to be seperated.

Secondly, if you don't like to ride in a group setting, period, you don't have to. Everyone is more than welcome to ride at their own pace. Everyone will know where to meet for lunch, so no need to feel pressured into keeping up, or worse, decide not to attend the ride.

We would like as many TGOers to attend this ride, and I'd like to think we can make everyone comfortable enough to do so.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, feel free to invite others. If you have a family member or friend that would enjoy cruising with a bunch of gun nuts, bring 'em along.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it's late and I'm tired. Feel free to make me aware of anything I may have missed.

So we can get a general idea on how many we may have, please remember to answer the poll question.

I forgot to mention, based on the route mentioned above, this ride should be roughly 180 miles, IIRC.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on going but I wanted to talk to my wife to make sure we did not have anything planned that day and to see if she wanted to go. So she and I will be there.

I was looking at the the map and we might part ways in Columbia and ride 412 to 99 to 231 to 109 and come back to Gallatin that way instead of the interstate, if anyone is interested you are welcome to ride along.

I was planning on going but I wanted to talk to my wife to make sure we did not have anything planned that day and to see if she wanted to go. So she and I will be there.

I was looking at the the map and we might part ways in Columbia and ride 412 to 99 to 231 to 109 and come back to Gallatin that way instead of the interstate, if anyone is interested you are welcome to ride along.

Glad to hear you'll be able to make it. I may take that route, too. I'm just down the road from 109 myself. If Rightwinger is able to make it, he may like the idea of that route.

Glad to hear you'll be able to make it. I may take that route, too. I'm just down the road from 109 myself. If Rightwinger is able to make it, he may like the idea of that route.

Make that three!!

TDR, I would like to meet up with you in H'ville that morning before we head to the staging point if that's okay. (assuming I have a bike to ride, one week in the shop for a fuel leak and they can't even call to tell me what's wrong)

Holler

Make that three!!

TDR, I would like to meet up with you in H'ville that morning before we head to the staging point if that's okay. (assuming I have a bike to ride, one week in the shop for a fuel leak and they can't even call to tell me what's wrong)

Holler

Sounds like a plan to me.

Not sure if it will help, but I used this guy (Motorcycle /Scooter. Tech. & Complete Service) a couple weeks ago for a small fix. He works out of his garage. He did a great job on mine, but I honestly know very little about how knowledgeable he really is.

He claimed to have several years experience with dealers, but I have no way of verifying that. I'd go back to him for something basic (maybe even a fuel leak), but if I needed something real serious done, I'd probably look somewhere else.

He was a real nice guy, and even though the job was a little more difficult than he had expected, he honered his initial quote.

Make that three!!

Holler

What about me? :D

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Out of those that are planning on riding, what are you riding?

I have a 07 GS500F, this is my second riding season.

Edited by StreetWK05
Out of those that are planning on riding, what are you riding?

I have a 07 GS500F, this is my second riding season.

I'll be riding the same model bike if I get it out of the shop. It developed a gas leak out of one of the two overflow tubes by the right foot peg and they can't seem to figure out why?

Any issues with yours?

IMG_6139.jpg

Paul tells me that you all will be on the Natchez Trace for a bit. A few years ago, I was bored on New Years Eve day, and so I fired the Ducati up and shot a video of the northern end, headed south. It's a bit of a different video, in that I messed with the colors, and purposely rode into the sun, and so on. I started at about 45 and slowly got to about 80 as the grove came on. Part way through you'll hear that great Ducati 90-degree v-twin sound. Also, you can see me dodging a few slick ice spots, since it was late December. ;)

You all have fun. Here's the video:

Click Here