Matt Kubic from Chattanooga

Guest Matt Kubic

Guest Matt Kubic

I was recently told of this site and registered today. I shoot smallbore prone, NRA highpower rifle and NRA Long-Range competition and a friend I shoot with told me of this site. I look forward to reading through the posts. I am from Chattanooga originally and I am a member of the Chattanooga Rifle Club. I differ from a lot of you guys in that I no longer have a carry permit. I decided several years ago that I no longer wished to turn a right I already had into a privilege granted by the state. Granted, I think everyone who owns a side arm should take the carry class and learn what his responsibilities are and become competent with their side arm. But I will not allow anyone to dictate to me how, when and where I may defend myself, my family and my property. It is a God given right that was around a long time before the state figured out they could make a chunk of money off of convincing gun owners that the state had jurisdiction over something God gave us. Kinda like alot of things today.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

Welome Matt.. it is good to see you here and that you truly enjoy the site.. there is a lot of conversation and good info on here. There are some truly wise members with a lot of knowledge on HCP and other issues. I feel already from your first post that you will truly enjoy the political section as well as others.

Frog

Guest beefcakeb0

glad you found the forum, i too have not known it existed over past years. how long have you been shootin sir? and how long have you been competing at shooting?

Guest TurboniumOxide

There is a larger battle in progress, and if you don't play by the rules you are the enemy. ( you become a crime statistic ). Get your carry permit and join us and keep your nose clean.

Otherwise, Welcome, and I am interested to hear about your comps.

Guest Matt Kubic

I've been shooting competitively for 7 years. For four years, I shot F-class then I learned to shoot with a sling like a real man:screwy: or like a girl since a girl is beating everyone right now. I've been shooting as long as I can remember. I grew up around bird hunters.

glad you found the forum, i too have not known it existed over past years. how long have you been shootin sir? and how long have you been competing at shooting?
Guest Matt Kubic

Thanks for the welcome. We are shooting a 1000 yd match Saturday at Tullahoma on Arnold Air Force base. Please feel free to come check it out. I haven't met a trigger puller yet who didn't want to try it. Get off I-24 at the Arnold Air Force base exit(AEDC), I think exit 110 or close, turn left, go 8.3 miles, turn right on road B5, over the railroad tracks and the next right is the entrance to the range. We meet under the sheds on the right at 9:30 eastern time. If you want to try it after seeing it, maybe I can dig a .308 out of the safe for you to try.

Guest Matt Kubic

I always try and keep my nose clean. The only reason I may ever have to explain this to a judge is if I ever have to use it. At that time I will be glad to explain why I am there and the other guy ain't.

I always try and keep my nose clean. The only reason I may ever have to explain this to a judge is if I ever have to use it. At that time I will be glad to explain why I am there and the other guy ain't.

Welcome aboard from another Chattanoogan.

I would seriously reconsider the permit if you are likely to ever be carrying in public. The days of cops looking the other way on that is over. And while you MIGHT be OK legally IF you actually have to shoot someone(doctrine of competing harms) there is just such a huge downside to being caught carrying without a permit in public(think traffic stop) that the risk far outweighs any reward.

I am as pro gun , and pro freedom as anyone drawing breath, but the law is clear and the Tennessee state constitution is clear too. Until the law changes, I'd be sure I had permit if I were going to carry in public.