Next 5 gun purchases

tntnixon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker
I'll play

1. Hero 1911 - CBOB - may not count towards future purchases since my order is already in

2. Sprinfield Scout Squad - walnut stock

3. Kimber Ultra Covert II

4. Rohrbaugh R9s Stealth Elite

5. A .458 SOCOM upper

Franklin Gun still has the Stealth....think I may just hold out for the Elite though.

You guys probably know more about this stuff than I do. The friend is the manager of the gun department in a regional store and got his information from the 2009 Shot Show. I thought it was common knowledge that a good part of the military was going away from the M9's and going to the .45. Seems like I read that several months ago. I didn't even ask my friend about that, I just asked if he knew which .45 they were going to and he said he did. I personally thought they would to go .40, but sounds like they didn't. My only question was what was the new gun going to be, and the Springfield rep at the Shot Show reportedly told this gun department manager that the Army placed a very large order for the XDm .45 (customized with the lock) and a good part of the Marine Corps also placed an order. He said he thought it held either 12 or 14 rounds but couldn't remember...I asked him the same question since my XDm .40 held 16 + 1.

Later, B

Firstly, is the XD being made in the US now?

Second, I don't think I see NATO going .45.

I could definitely see some Spec Ops units possibly adopting it, but seriously doubt you'll see the entirety of the US military adopting it, or anything in .45 for that matter.

I found this on another forum...but they are referencing a 2006 American Rifleman article. Sounds like they have some information about the reported safety also. I'm in way over my head...I was never in the army and only have an interest because I like the .45's and XDm's. A .45 XDm would be cool. Let me know if you guys know this is wrong or something else is happening. Thanks, B

The companies that are listed as interested in the contract are as follows:

Beretta USA: They are holding their cards close to the chest so there arn't many details about exactly what they are planning.

SigArms: Most likely they will present a version of their P220. A very accurate gun.

Glock: Probably a variant of their G21.

Taurus: Just coincidentially developed their 24/7 pistol in .45 ACP. Perhaps they caught wind of this potential contract a little early.

Springfield Armory: Most likely they will advance a version of their new XD. From what I have heard it is a pretty sweet gun.

Smith & Wesson: Their entry will be one of the new M&P designs.

FNH USA: They say that their entry will be a completely new gun.

Para Ordnance: They aren't saying much either but it's likely that their entry will be a version of the successful Light Double Action (LDA) pistol.

Heckler & Koch: They may have a leg up since they are already producing the SOCOM Mk 23. Their entry will likely be a version of their USP design.

Apparently one of the specs for the pistol is that it be capable of double action or single action fire. That would preclude any of the versions of M1911 that are out there. But there are rumors that that spec might be dropped which could mean a return to an M1911 variant. The requirements also call for a gun with a bare minimum magazine for 8 rounds but 10+ are prefered. The requirements call for a gun that can be produced either with or without an external manual safety.

All the above data was taken from the July 2006 issue of the American Rifleman.

Partially true. They did start an evaluation for possibly going back to a .45 platform and many of these companies developed guns to that purpose. They recently decided against changing which is what has brought all these new .45's to the market. The Taurus, FNP-45, and the possible XDm45 are all out of these trials. Currently however, they decided to stay with the M9 and 9mm.

Guest Muttling
Firstly, is the XD being made in the US now?

As a result of all the free trade agreements we've signed, the Buy American Act has lost most of it's teeth and not being made in America doesn't really matter.

Must to the aggrevation of my friends in the Corp, the Marines' 120mm mortars for the fire support system that is Osprey portable carries a Made in France label.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I don't have a top five so to speak, but I do have a few on my list.

1. CZ 2075 RAMI P .40 S&W

2. Dan Wesson's Valor 1911 .45ACP

3. CZ 712 Utility Shotgun

Edited by StreetWK05

my next 5 in no particular order would be

LRB M25 rifle

Ruger GP100

Remington 1100 Tactical +4

Ruger Vaquero .45LC

Smith 340PD

most of this will be put on hold until i get a few parts and an optic on my SAI M1A Scout and customize my SAI MilSpec Stainless 1911, as well as stocking up on reloading components to feed them.

> Rohrbaugh R9s Stealth Elite

> Kel-Tec RFB-18

> SCAR 17s

> Springfield SOCOM II or 16A

> SIG P226 Blackwater

I came very close to buying a Blackwater P226, if my wife would not have been with me I would not have walked out of the store without one:D they are very nice Sigs