Next 5 gun purchases

tntnixon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SureShot308
2010 my freind and we will get one. Charles Daly is making them as we speak. On AR15.com under armory and then bull-pups there is 15 pages on the subject.

I'm definitely getting one of those when/if they make it out. I have been in love with that gun since the first time I saw it.

Don't know if I'll ever have the $$ to buy any of these, but they are some of my fav's...

1. Springfield 1911 loaded

2. Kimber CDPII lightweight 4" barrel

3. Bill Wilson 1911 (model ?)

4. 44 Mag blued S&W Mtn Gun w/ Ahrend Grips

5. Springfield XDm .45 (not available yet, but coming soon)

maybe I should get another job...

Colt 22 pre-woodsman pencil barrel (because my wife took the first one)

Chinese 870 clone (already have the new wood furniture for it, waiting for my favorite gunshop to get one in)

Breakdown .22 rifle, but not sure yet which I want - the Papoose or an M6

1911 to be named later

FN Baby Browning or Colt 1908

REALLY?! where did you hear this at, if you dont mind? Been wishing for one of these since the XDM 40 came out.

A friend of mine got to shoot one at the 2009 Shot Show this year and said that the US Army and part of the Marines were going to the XDm .45, but with an additional safety. I don't think the ones that we will be buying have the extra safety, but I could be wrong. He also said it was deadly accurate. That's what I was told anyway, and this guy is very reliable. I expected it would be coming out soon anyway, but he said he should have them in his store in a couple of months. I know the XDm .40 was a good gun and I hated selling it, but I wanted to go to fewer calibers and chose .45 over .40. If I can get the XDm in a .45 ACP then I will probably get one. Springfield is right up there at the top of my list regarding reliability.

Later, B

1) S&W 325

2) Caspian widebody ti frame w/ damascus slide worked over by Bob at Predator Custom

3) Saiga 12ga

4) Ruger OM 357mag converted to 44spl case hardened & deep blued by Turnbull with stag grips

5) Ruger No1 in 338-06

A friend of mine got to shoot one at the 2009 Shot Show this year and said that the US Army and part of the Marines were going to the XDm .45, but with an additional safety. I don't think the ones that we will be buying have the extra safety, but I could be wrong. He also said it was deadly accurate. That's what I was told anyway, and this guy is very reliable. I expected it would be coming out soon anyway, but he said he should have them in his store in a couple of months. I know the XDm .40 was a good gun and I hated selling it, but I wanted to go to fewer calibers and chose .45 over .40. If I can get the XDm in a .45 ACP then I will probably get one. Springfield is right up there at the top of my list regarding reliability.

Later, B

Whoever your friend is whom told you that the military was adopting the XD, where exactly did he get this information from? it is not true to my knowledge i would love for the military to go to a .45

Edited by willis68

Later, B

any word on capacity?

You guys probably know more about this stuff than I do. The friend is the manager of the gun department in a regional store and got his information from the 2009 Shot Show. I thought it was common knowledge that a good part of the military was going away from the M9's and going to the .45. Seems like I read that several months ago. I didn't even ask my friend about that, I just asked if he knew which .45 they were going to and he said he did. I personally thought they would to go .40, but sounds like they didn't. My only question was what was the new gun going to be, and the Springfield rep at the Shot Show reportedly told this gun department manager that the Army placed a very large order for the XDm .45 (customized with the lock) and a good part of the Marine Corps also placed an order. He said he thought it held either 12 or 14 rounds but couldn't remember...I asked him the same question since my XDm .40 held 16 + 1.

Later, B

1. Remington Rand/Colt 1911

2. M1917

3. Cobb MCR 100th Anniversary 30-06 (Settle for AR10T)

4. PK380 (so I can give it to my ex-girfriend and keep her BDA380)

5. CZ-452 American

Guest Muttling

The grunts in the field have been talking about going back to the .45 since they first anounced they were going to the M9, but they don't make the decisions.

When they leave the M9, there will be a HUGE procurement effort and they will spend years asking for proposals, evaluating, etc.

Until you see that kind of news, it's safe to say they are staying with the M9. (Unless you're SOCOM and then you can get the 1911's.)

I found this on another forum...but they are referencing a 2006 American Rifleman article. Sounds like they have some information about the reported safety also. I'm in way over my head...I was never in the army and only have an interest because I like the .45's and XDm's. A .45 XDm would be cool. Let me know if you guys know this is wrong or something else is happening. Thanks, B

The companies that are listed as interested in the contract are as follows:

Beretta USA: They are holding their cards close to the chest so there arn't many details about exactly what they are planning.

SigArms: Most likely they will present a version of their P220. A very accurate gun.

Glock: Probably a variant of their G21.

Taurus: Just coincidentially developed their 24/7 pistol in .45 ACP. Perhaps they caught wind of this potential contract a little early.

Springfield Armory: Most likely they will advance a version of their new XD. From what I have heard it is a pretty sweet gun.

Smith & Wesson: Their entry will be one of the new M&P designs.

FNH USA: They say that their entry will be a completely new gun.

Para Ordnance: They aren't saying much either but it's likely that their entry will be a version of the successful Light Double Action (LDA) pistol.

Heckler & Koch: They may have a leg up since they are already producing the SOCOM Mk 23. Their entry will likely be a version of their USP design.

Apparently one of the specs for the pistol is that it be capable of double action or single action fire. That would preclude any of the versions of M1911 that are out there. But there are rumors that that spec might be dropped which could mean a return to an M1911 variant. The requirements also call for a gun with a bare minimum magazine for 8 rounds but 10+ are prefered. The requirements call for a gun that can be produced either with or without an external manual safety.

All the above data was taken from the July 2006 issue of the American Rifleman.

The grunts in the field have been talking about going back to the .45 since they first anounced they were going to the M9, but they don't make the decisions.

When they leave the M9, there will be a HUGE procurement effort and they will spend years asking for proposals, evaluating, etc.

Until you see that kind of news, it's safe to say they are staying with the M9. (Unless you're SOCOM and then you can get the 1911's.)

Sill in way over my head...but I think that procurement started with the evaluations in 2005. Later, B

Next 5 guns.......

1) Single action revolver.... .357 or .45

2) Lever action rifle.... .357 or .45

............Yeah, yeah, yeah...I like me my cowboy guns...

3) Bolt action rifle.... .308

4) Glock 21

5) EAA Witness Hunter 6" .45