It came today!!!!!!!!

Well after a month and a half as I was leaving for work this afternoon I checked the mail and guess what was in the mail? Ok three guesses and the first 2 don't count, that's right my HCP..... So I immediately went backed to the house grabbed my Sig P228 and headed to work.. I feel a huge responsibility in carrying and all my classes and training now go's into effect, my appplication got to the safety department on July 27th and came today for all of those wanting to know how long it will take..... COOP

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NeuralFizz
Congrats! Don't forget your WalMart walk, eating cheetos, or doritos or whatever suits your fancy. It's a tradition.

Haha! I thought he was gonna say "I immediately grabbed my Sig and went to.....WALMART"

Maybe I'm missing something but what is the WalMart walk?

It's a great way of getting the feel of carrying in public. You'll think everyone is looking at you. After a while you'll realize that nobody notices. Consider the WalMart walk a break in period for your HCP. Eventially your feel naked leaving the house without carrying.

Congrats Coop. My prints were done 8/17 so based on your timing I have another 3 weeks to wait. Looking forward to seeing you soon for a run down to On Target. I picked up a Beretta CX4 from Kahrman yesterday. Not as cool as your AR but I am sure we'll have some fun!

Congrats Coop. My prints were done 8/17 so based on your timing I have another 3 weeks to wait. Looking forward to seeing you soon for a run down to On Target. I picked up a Beretta CX4 from Kahrman yesterday. Not as cool as your AR but I am sure we'll have some fun!

Hey whats up stueym? Didnt have time to go to On Target this week due to having to work 12 hour shifts all week and all I did today is relax but will be making a trip up to G&L in the middle of the week and I'll give you a call... COOP

My renewal came Saturday after a wait of 4 months. They were very friendly, but wouldn't do anything until it had been 90 days, said to call back then, so i did last week and the lady started the B/G check manually! She said they were busier than they ever had been, even busier than when they first started the HCP program.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stueym

Well nice surprise in the mail today. Seven and a half weeks is better than I expected. My PX4 is a little big for me to do the Wally Walk, but it gives me some real incentive to get serious about my carry gun obsessing and window shopping.