reloading primers & powders help

Guest highvoltage

Guest highvoltage

im new to reloading and do not know where around this area to look for primers and powders picked up my loader and dies at reloders bench in mtjuliet but can never find small pistol primers there who else sell components around this area iam reloading 9mm

thanks mark

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primers have been difficult to find lately, but they are out there. The Reloader's Bench has them every so often, and I believe Bass Pro Shops carries them. Don't know about their prices or stock level, though.

The Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro had a bunch of Wolf primers in a couple of weeks ago.

There's a company called Champion's Choice located in LaVergne. I believe they're primarily a mail order/ catalog operation, but I think you can buy some items in person.

Primers are tough to find lately. And if you do find them, they are usually expensive. I like to check these sites a couple times a week:

www.wideners.com

www.grafs.com

Midsouth Shooters Supply, Reloading, Air Guns, Optics, Muzzleloaders & Shooting Supplies

Eventually they will get some new stock in. I got lucky last week when I found CCI 450's instock. I'm like you, still looking for small pistol primers. It might be easier just to buy loaded ammo, especially 9mm.

Good luck!

Guest canebreaker

Try a few different spellings, enter them into your search window.

Try for out of state for shipment, you'll have hazmat but not tax.

Examples:

shoot supply

shoot supplies

shooting supplies

shooters supplies

ammo reloading

I received 5k Win Sm Pistol in march from Grafs and put another 5k on order in april haven't seen the second order yet.

I scored Wolf Lrg Pistol and Sm Rifle from Wideners about 6 weeks ago.

I went in on a deal with another guy for some Win Sm Pistol at $40 per 1000, those should be in next week. My ass still hurts over that one. :D

Federals have been available more often than Winchester but don't want to run those in my 650

Gamaliel Shooting Supply in Gamaliel Kentucky carries an extensive supply of relaoding supplies, but primers are hard to come by right now as everyone is hoarding what they can find, so I'd definitely call before driving up there. How many are you wanting? I might be able to get you started.

Guest heater

I found some at Steve's Gun and Archery in Columbia a while back. Checked with them last week and they were out of stock. It's a place to check anyway.

Guest highvoltage

thanks for the help everyone. hotshot if you think my grammers bad my spelling is much worse left school in 6th grade to go to work to help my mom thats why i dont post much.thanks for the offer greg i have 500 or so.im good for now

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FroggyOne2

I just happen to know where a whole sleeve of Winchester Small Pistol primers is at for 150.00. I don't have them personally.. but I do know where they are.

Naiive lurker here.

What is a REASONABLE price for either small or large primers?

Gray

used to be $20-ish... now $30-$40 is common. $40+ is unreasonable IMO, but starting to see it more and more. Free market economy, right? Profiteers on gunbroker and other sites try to get $50 and above. :yuck:

Sorry, but 20-30 for how many?

I have no knowledge about reloading other than what I have started to read. Truly a newbie, I admit it. It does, however sound like a fun addition to the shooting hobby. Maybe some money saved as well.

Gray

pistol Primers are almost always sold in 1000 count boxes (10 boxes of 100)

Guest canebreaker

1 box of 100 primers

1 carton of 10 boxes, 1,000 primers.

5 cartons = 1 sleeve = 5,000 primers.

Wideners had Wolf brand small pistol yesterday. I bought 2 sleeves, 22.50 added for hazmat. Shipped to my MS address, save the tax. Equals 31.00 per carton.

I remember back when a carton was 18.00 with tax.

PM me if you'd like my address. Nashville area only.

Edited by canebreaker