Anyone want to get together for dinner in the Sevierville and surroundind areas

Guest Bluemax

Guest Bluemax

I had dinner at the Shrimp Dock in Sevierville Sat. night and talked with the owner about hosting a dinner for TGO members in the area and he was very excited about it. For those of you unfamilier with the Shrimp Dock it is owned by Paul Willis, who moved to East Tn about 10 years ago and sold shrimp out of his truck on Alcoa Hwy. From that humble beginning, Paul now has three seafood markets in the Knoxville area and has opened his first restaurant in Sevierville and the food is awesome. Paul told me if we wanted to have a get together, he not only would be glad to host it but also offer a dinner special for TGO members. Let me know if anyone is interested and when would be a good time and I will try to get it set up to accomidate everyone's schedule as best I can.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

Yea, I hope enough people are interested to pull it off, if we could get the timeing right, we might even be able to work something out with the guys at the Sevier Indoor Range and maybe shoot for an hour or so and then go to dinner. If you guys like Cajun style seafood, this place is hard to beat. I had a Shrimp and Oyster Po Boy Sat night and you would have had to see this thing to believe it. After I ordered I watched them go to the market part of the restaurant and scoop up a bunch of fresh shrimp amd oysters still in the shell and haul them back into the kitchen to make my po boy. Thats pretty fresh !

I'd probably come...

I believe Shrimp Dock on Alcoa Hwy began at least 15 years ago, and of course he moved into building there, too. I bought a lot of seafood out of that place...now has place on Kingston Pike here...

Looks like it's in the former Pop's On the River place on Winfield Dunn, so don't even have to go into downtown Sevierville to get there.

- OS

Guest Bluemax
Not committing here just wanted to comment.

I enjoyed a quart of Shrimp Dock's Gumbo last night from the store on Kingston Pike. Mightly fine eatin'!

Oh Hell, Just come on and go with us and bring some of those retrobates that you hang out with along too

Guest Bluemax

Thanks, my significant other has decided to play funny girl on a post about the Knox gun show so as soon as I live that down I will try and get an accurate head count

Y'all set the time and date and the Mrs oldogy and I will try to make it if scheduling permits. Going to be a couple hundred mile round trip for us but good seafood is worth the trip. Anyone know of a campground or motorhome resort nearby? What about parking, enough for a motorhome at the rest?

oldogy

Y'all set the time and date and the Mrs oldogy and I will try to make it if scheduling permits. Going to be a couple hundred mile round trip for us but good seafood is worth the trip. Anyone know of a campground or motorhome resort nearby? What about parking, enough for a motorhome at the rest?

oldogy

There are a number of them.. this is gateway to the Smokies after all.

The biggest with probably the most likelihood of easy vacancy might be the Riverside, it's only a couple miles away at Winfield Dunn and Boyd's Creek Hwy.

Riverside Campground & RV Resort Sevierville, TN

There's a smaller one nearby also called Ripplin Waters, might be more cozy, and even closer to restaurant, might could even walk it, can't remember exactly.

Ripplin' Waters Campground & Cabin Rentals, Sevierville, Tennessee

Probably others right around there I can't remember.

Should be able to park a semi at/near the restaurant, best I remember.

I delivered that area up till couple years ago, haven't been back there since, but doubt if much has changed.

- OS

Guest Bluemax
Sounds good to me. Are we bringing the family or is this a just the guys/gals kind of thing.

Im bringing the warden and if we're carrying, we're not drinking so I say bring anyone you want

Just so I'm clear on this, November 14, 6:00 PM at the Shrimp Dock, 1426 Winfield Dunn Parkway, Sevierville. And what about some shooting at SIR before that? I heard it mentioned but not confirmed. If I'm making the drive all the way to Sevierville, I'd like to get a little range time in. I'm pretty sure Blackbeltchick will be accompanying me.

Guest Bluemax
Just so I'm clear on this, November 14, 6:00 PM at the Shrimp Dock, 1426 Winfield Dunn Parkway, Sevierville. And what about some shooting at SIR before that? I heard it mentioned but not confirmed. If I'm making the drive all the way to Sevierville, I'd like to get a little range time in. I'm pretty sure Blackbeltchick will be accompanying me.

Well now we're talking !!

The only catch is SIR closes at 5:00 on Saturday. If enough people show interest I can call Wayne and explain our situation and he may stay open for us. PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you are interested in this so I can plead our case to Wayne. I probably need to call him Thursday at the latest so let me know if you would like a little range time to whet the appetite

Well now we're talking !!

The only catch is SIR closes at 5:00 on Saturday. If enough people show interest I can call Wayne and explain our situation and he may stay open for us. PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you are interested in this so I can plead our case to Wayne. I probably need to call him Thursday at the latest so let me know if you would like a little range time to whet the appetite

Count me in on both the din din and the SIR, I probably won't bring anything but my carry piece, but I'd just like to mainly see it, so will pop some with that. Btw, just moi for dinner, all my better halves have gone to, well, better halves. :2cents:

I'm gonna go early enough to go by Bass Pro and Smoky Mtn. Knives, and maybe J. Floyds if I do go all the way into town, like to the range.

I'm pretty flexible on the range time, can always kill a little time at the fore mentioned places or something. Also, Tom's Pawn, real near Shrimp Dock, used to have some guns, was a popular cop hangout/trade place, matter of fact used to deliver Troy's InRange stuff there some.

Motosyco, if just you and BB Chick want to do the range, just PM me and we'll coord amongst ourselves or something.

- OS