CIS Glock class 11/4/09

Guest earthworm

Guest earthworm

CIS alumni were invited to attend a "stripping your baby to the bare essentials" class at no charge.8 of us accepted.

As usual Todd did the talking while Dustin wandered throughout the room pointing out individual details.2 of us found previously unsuspected cracked parts:in at least 1 case eliciting a "Never seen that before" comment from our factory certified armorer/instructors.

I have repeatedly praised CIS classes on this board:last night was no exception.The fact that Todd & Dustin would present this class at no cost to attendees speaks to their integrity & committment.The fact that they could teach thumb-fingered me to detail-strip a Glock & feel fairly comfortable doing so speaks to their skill as teachers. These guys are a class act that know their stuff,are able to communicate their knowledge & are willing to do so. I cannot recommend their classes strongly enough.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flyfishtn

I was an attendee last night as well and again can't say enough about the thoroughness and attention that Todd and Dustin provide their classes. Great detail about what each part does, its wear factor and maintenance were just a few of the key points.

If you have a chance to take any of their classes, please do, they have a great deal of knowledge and strive to pass that knowledge on to their students.

I was there and had a great time! Good folks and a fun atmosphere. It was a really cool thing for Todd and Dustin to offer this course to the CIS alumni.

I have messed around with my G23 by watching net videos, but this was so much better. They answered any questions we had regarding the GLOCK, and walked us through step by step disassembly/assembly with diagrams, tips/pointers, current GLOCK info., inspections and function checks.

I think this reflects the appreciation they have for their customers. Great guys, and I would highly recommend any of their courses. This is my 3rd from CIS. My wife and I both plan to take more in the future.

Thanks again guys!

I pick up a huge amount of info every time I attend one of their classes. I have been shooting for years, but learn a lot each time I am there. They are really good about being knowledgeable, but not making people feel like idiots.

Guest Todd@CIS

Thanks to all!

We really needed another hour to cover the material and I'm kind of irritated about that.

Anyway, all attendees, do not hesitate to give me a call if any questions come up and thanks again.

.2 of us found previously unsuspected cracked parts:in at least 1 case eliciting a "Never seen that before" comment from our factory certified armorer/instructors.

I was the owner of the G19 with the cracked "trigger mechanism housing with ejector".

I have placed an order for the part and am hopeful I can change it by myself. If I can't I'll have to put all the pieces in a shoe box for Todd or Dustin to do for me...and they'll probably make me wear my electric blue pants. :lol:

Thanks Todd and Dustin for a great evening! You guys rock.

I also attended this class and what can I say about Todd and Dustin that hasn't been said already? Two great stand up guy's who realy want to share their knowledge and skill's. Both are great instructors and very thorough, I dont even own a Glock (yet) and I wanted to take this class so they let me use a loner for the night, it gives you the impression they would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it.

If your is thinking of training in the future, take one of CIS's classes!!!!!

Todd and Dustin, thanks for all the great training in the past and I look forward to next years training!!! COOP

Guest Todd@CIS
hmmm, I've been traveling a lot lately and somehow missed his class. Having just jumped to the dark side I think I could have really used this info.

Maybe it will happen again ssoon.

Mark

Mark...an invite was sent out (via email) to our Advanced Concealed Carry and Defensive Pistol alumni.

Todd and Dustin are the sole reason I've decided to buy a GLOCK, after the 3 classes I've taken with then they convinced (brainwashed) me of their superiority and now I'm thinking about selling one of my Sig's to buy one, DAMN YOU TODD AND DUSTIN!!! I can only imagine the discussions I'll have in the Sig forums and probably be banned.

On a side note, I cant wait to get a G19 so I can tear it down and put it back together numerous time's and I joined Glock Talk!!! COOP

Guest earthworm

Mine was the cracked firing pin spacer sleeve:gave me an excuse to go to the Goodman show.I also replaced my recoil spring & guide,& picked up trigger & slide lock springs.

Re the show:It's a buyers' market this time.Saw plenty ammo.