TN Gun Shops that Finance?

pjanthony

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of a gun shop,or loan place offering such.

Maybe lawaway

Yes, but high interest. Usually in-store or consumer finance is a better rate.

FWIW,I just had my highest interest CC rate reduced to next to nothing(like close to 0 :drama: ). I suppose with the economy,they're scared people wont pay with higher APRs,so they're gunho about reducing those rates right now.

Might wanna give your CC a call :D

Edited by strickj
Specialty Arms in Lavergne used to have a finance plan. That was about 10 years ago, back when I would still do business with them. You might try them.

buk

They still do layaway. Last I heard the terms are 20% down, and a finance charge of 2% of the outstanding balance each month.

Guest smittyb
I've got a better idea, start making payments to a savings account and get the interest going in your favor instead of living in debt.

While I believe this is sound advice, that I follow, the current .2% you would get on a savings account is pretty much negligable.

I would generally prefer my gun purchases not to show up on my credit report, seeing how everyone checks it these days. Even though it would be illegal to be denied for such reason, an anti-gun person could deny you and use something else as a reason.

Aside from that, just save up the money and odds are the price will have gone down a bit more before you actually purchase it. You will save more in the end without the risk.

Does anyone know of a gun shop, located in TN, that CURRENTLY offers either in-store or consumer financing for "assault rifles" ? Based on the $$$ credit I can get, I am looking to purchase an AR-15 or an M1A-Socom 16.

terrible idea. if you have to borrow the money, you dont need the gun. period.

these things are expensive enough already, why would you want to pay MORE in interest and finance charges?! :)

listen to Mutt & Motasyco. thank them later. :rofl:

Guest Gun Geek
Do it the old fashioned way. Save your pennies until you have enough.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm just an old fashioned kind of guy. My kids are all grown and gone but the dad in me can't be held back.

Why would you want to risk getting into financial trouble over an AR anyways?
I would generally prefer my gun purchases not to show up on my credit report, seeing how everyone checks it these days.

Aside from that, just save up the money and odds are the price will have gone down a bit more before you actually purchase it. You will save more in the end without the risk.

terrible idea. if you have to borrow the money, you dont need the gun. period.

these things are expensive enough already, why would you want to pay MORE in interest and finance charges?! :)

listen to Mutt & Motasyco. thank them later. :rofl:

I agree 100%. An AR is not worth going into debt over. My suggestion, buy it a piece at a time if you are wanting to make payments (basically same concept). You can get a stripped lower for $100 then just piece it together as you can. Then it is not hitting you all in the pocket at once, you are not going into debt with interest and you get your AR

I agree 100%. An AR is not worth going into debt over. My suggestion, buy it a piece at a time if you are wanting to make payments (basically same concept). You can get a stripped lower for $100 then just piece it together as you can. Then it is not hitting you all in the pocket at once, you are not going into debt with interest and you get your AR

This is what I've done. I started with a stripped lower, added the lower parts kit then the stock. I'm waiting to save enough for a complete upper (almost there, most likely after Christmas). Plus it was a lot of fun and educational assembling the pieces yourself.

My suggestion, buy it a piece at a time if you are wanting to make payments (basically same concept). You can get a stripped lower for $100 then just piece it together as you can. Then it is not hitting you all in the pocket at once, you are not going into debt with interest and you get your AR

great advice... I'm going to use this method as well for my first AR.

I would generally prefer my gun purchases not to show up on my credit report, seeing how everyone checks it these days. Even though it would be illegal to be denied for such reason, an anti-gun person could deny you and use something else as a reason.

There's nothing that protects you from being denied something based on gun ownership. Unlike race or whatever.

Plus if its on a credit card,wouldn't anybody except you,and the CC company know about it.

There's nothing that protects you from being denied something based on gun ownership. Unlike race or whatever.

Plus if its on a credit card,wouldn't anybody except you,and the CC company know about it.

He's not talking about a credit card. If financed through a store it would have that store name on your credit report for 7 years, whether you paid on time or not. A $1500 line of credit from Buds Gun Shop or similar would be pretty obvious.

Landlords and employers are definitely checking credit nowadays and most people don't want either to know about their gun ownership... I would think.