G23

Parrothead

Well....its a little late now but i purchased a G26 this week. I havent got it to the range yet so i am wondering what to expect. I wanted a .40/.45 carry gun but after holding the compact glocks i assumed that might be too much power for a gun that small. I feel VERY conferable with the 9mm and most of my guns match that caliber.

Also, if you have any OWB holster suggestions i would appreciate it. I want to carry OWB with a jacket/sweater. Any suggestions would be appreciated ;)

UMM>>>TO CLARIFY THE TITLE>>>>I PURCHASED A 26 NOT a 23

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 26 and realy liked it, i then got a 27 in 40s&w and couldnt shoot it near as good. You made a good choice I wish i still had my 26. As for holsters i carry a safari land not sure what the model is. A fobus is good, black hawk serpa are nice or if you want leather a bianchi black widow i think is the model is also good.

Well....its a little late now but i purchased a G26 this week. I havent got it to the range yet so i am wondering what to expect. I wanted a .40/.45 carry gun but after holding the compact glocks i assumed that might be too much power for a gun that small. I feel VERY conferable with the 9mm and most of my guns match that caliber.

Also, if you have any OWB holster suggestions i would appreciate it. I want to carry OWB with a jacket/sweater. Any suggestions would be appreciated ;)

UMM>>>TO CLARIFY THE TITLE>>>>I PURCHASED A 26 NOT a 23

If the MODS could change the title i would appreciate it :no1:
Guest That Guy

Blackhawk Serpa it a good choice. You must practice, practice, practice with the level II+. Blade-tech is another nice choice (among many). The kydex is bulkier, but the paddle makes on/off or adjustments easier.

Leather rides closer, thus gaining concealment. I would look to galco, safariland, or the like. Most will be close to par with eachother. I must also suggest IWB carry: galco's USA second amendment or royal guard.

Guest Micromancer

The recoil on the G23 and G27 are both managable. The 27 even without +0 bottoms for the finger hold. Watch this:

and you shouldn't experience much trouble.

Good job with the 26 though, it is also a good choice for self defense.

I have a G26. I added a +2 mag extension just for a better grip. I use a DeSantis Mini-Slide leather holster most of the time. I also have a Fobus Roto-paddle if I need something quick. It`s a great little gun. I also have a 21sf just to play with. I did a bunch of mods to it just for something to do. Glocks are great guns and anybody with a bit of common sense can work on them. Enjoy

Guest Micromancer
I have a G26. I added a +2 mag extension just for a better grip. I use a DeSantis Mini-Slide leather holster most of the time. I also have a Fobus Roto-paddle if I need something quick. It`s a great little gun. I also have a 21sf just to play with. I did a bunch of mods to it just for something to do. Glocks are great guns and anybody with a bit of common sense can work on them. Enjoy

Using a mag extention on a 26/27 gives you virtually the same grip length as the 19/23. Grip length is the determining factor in concealability. What you are doing is trading away sight radius and the ability to have a rail in exchange for ... I'm sorry. You just lose them.