Anyone seen these yet? (AR15/M16 Suppressed 22lr Upper)

Guest moreland281

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

Oh My GOD!!!

You guys are about to make me buy my first AR.

Question to all you suppressor freaks. It used to be that a pistol suppressor would hold back the noise for the first few shots until the baffling wore out and then go nearly full volume. Do modern suppressors perform for a long time with ARs and pistols these days?

Guest moreland281
Oh My GOD!!!

Question to all you suppressor freaks. It used to be that a pistol suppressor would hold back the noise for the first few shots until the baffling wore out and then go nearly full volume. Do modern suppressors perform for a long time with ARs and pistols these days?

I only own 1 suppressor so far (have 1 more on order)

my 22lr suppressor has about 20,000 rds down it and it still works perfect (Its a pain to clean every 2-3K rds) but its still good to go.

The other one I have ordered is used by the military so it should be GTG as well with no problems (someone on here can shed some light on others for ya)

Oh My GOD!!!

You are thinking about suppressors with wipes. Most don't use that technology anymore and the ones that do are very small.

Guest moreland281
You are thinking about suppressors with wipes. Most don't use that technology anymore and the ones that do are very small.

Forgot about wipes, yes old technology. There are a few companys that make wipe suppressors still they are fairly tiny, but the more you shoot the louder they get, then you have to add new wipes.

Now there are also ones that you can run wet (add a substance to the inside of the suppressor, but as the wipes the more you shoot you burn up the substance and will have to add more)

I perfer the ones that you run dry.

Not to completely derail the thread, but someone definitely needs to make an AR-compatible version of this barrel: SBX 10/22 Barrel - Tactical Solutions . .223 or .22, I do not really care, but effectively-SBR + Suppressor fun without the SBR taxstamp sounds like a good deal to me.

Back on-topic, though, that looks like a really nice rig... And "user-serviceable" is definitely a requirement for .22 suppressors, from what I understand.

*sigh* I need more money :D.

Not to completely derail the thread, but someone definitely needs to make an AR-compatible version of this barrel: SBX 10/22 Barrel - Tactical Solutions . .223 or .22, I do not really care, but effectively-SBR + Suppressor fun without the SBR taxstamp sounds like a good deal to me.

You mean like this?

Anyintertest in a group buy on TAC-SOL 22LR Upper with Sbx barrel - AR15.COM

AR22TacSolSBX11websized.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest waylonh

Sorry for the newb questions. I'm assuming you need a Class III since this has a supressor installed. (which is the ultimate in cool) Can you purchase the upper with just a credit card, or will I need blood samples and DNA tests? Or, just not attach it to a rifle until i'm legal? Again sorry, I'm new to TGO, and AR style rifles. This would potentially get me in the door.