your carry stories

Guest 2fast28

Guest 2fast28

Hey guys

I was just wondering if people had any carry stories. I have been carrying for about 2 months. I was just wondering if any body had to use there firearm. Feel free to share or not.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always lead with this, just because the question kinda irks me, but I understand the curiosity... You won't find alot of people that have had to use their gun in self-defense real open to talking about it, especially with strangers.

That being said, I've never used mine. Came frighteningly close twice I'd say, but I got it de-escalated before I had to actually fire.

I do have a friend that just had to defend himself awhile back. Didn't have his gun, used his knife. He's handling it pretty well, but he's not real open about it. Just glad he's here and the BG isn't.

Guest jackdm3
Heck livin in memphrica I am surprised it hasnt been more than three to be honest.

I guess that's the only benefit of being in Memphis. We're (packers) always expecting somebody to bring us some sort of shee-at, keeping us on edge. I don't feel quite relaxed when I leave the house. But we're not pulling up stakes for any miscreant.

for the most part you'll not find many stories. People who legally carry weapons rarely use them. when that life or death moment arrives... if it ever does, will make every firearm related action in the past well worth it. untill then.. it's just a hobby and insurance policy.

Cleared leather in Nashville about a year ago on a guy that pulled a knife on me.

Didn't fire, scared him off til the cops could grab him a few minutes later. He was even nice enough to leave the knife with his fingerprints at my feet. He's still in prison with 5 years before he's eligible for parole.

Guest tnmom2amk

Ok, so on this topic, let me ask a silly question...

If I had to use my weapon in self defense, am I morally/ethically obligated to provide medical treatment to the idiot until EMS arrived? This came up in discussion the other day at work. Also, along that same line, if I had a medical license and trained in basic life support, would I have to provide life saving treatment?

Hmmmmm?

Ok, so on this topic, let me ask a silly question...

If I had to use my weapon in self defense, am I morally/ethically obligated to provide medical treatment to the idiot until EMS arrived? This came up in discussion the other day at work. Also, along that same line, if I had a medical license and trained in basic life support, would I have to provide life saving treatment?

Hmmmmm?

The short answer is no...other than the morally part is up to you.

Guest jackdm3

I was gonna say that with the spreadable diseases today, no way. But then you had to go and say you are certified. I would hope that in such incident, you realistically could/would forget your training. You may be in shock enough to lose it. You guys use those airbulbsqueezymasks that you wouldn't have on you at the time. I think you're good to go.

Guest archerdr1

If I have to use it, which so far I have presented twice, once in my house on a drunk/high guy (took off running and sobered up quickly after seing the teeth of my Wolf hybrid and staring down the barrel of the .45 S&W and the other when I arrived home to an open door at my house, but found out my wife had left it open) I would not have to render aid b/c if there is no face or chest, there is no way of giving CPR! (I carry a .45 Ruger and a .45 Taurus Millenium with Speer Gold Dot Ammo, so probably not gonna be much left after that hit.)

Render aid on a BG who tried to harm me? Not gonna happen.

:)

My permit class instructor advised against giving aid. I think one scenario was if you get too close and the BG makes a last lunge, and you shoot them again, a witness close enough to watch, but not close enough to be aware of all the facts may think you just finished them off execution style.

:)

My permit class instructor advised against giving aid. I think one scenario was if you get too close and the BG makes a last lunge, and you shoot them again, a witness close enough to watch, but not close enough to be aware of all the facts may think you just finished them off execution style.

I know who you took your class from! And yes that's VERY good advice.