Am I the only person that remembers CTD ripping us all off?

I have never bought a thing from CTD and most likely never will. Their ammunition pricing during the last year is tantamount to profiteering and I do remember. Let's leave the whole supply and demand argument out of this, they way over-inflated their prices.

Occassionaly they will have some reproduction item (fake) that I find interesting but have yet to buy. These "fake" items are usually adverstised as such.

They really need to change their name. They aren't cheaper than anyone on anything that I've seen. Oh, and dirt ain't cheap, that tired old phrase is years out of date.

The sad thing is people keep buying from them, just like from every other vendor and store that screwed their customers. The same applies to many, many other businesses as well.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought from CTD before, during, and after "the panic".

It's not my fault that CTD put ridiculous pricing on a lot of ammo and AK/AR stuff in the last year, and it's not my fault a bunch of people bought it. I didn't, but picked up various stuff during all that from them because it was the best deal I could find.

I'm an equal opportunity shopper and seldom avoid a biz because of its politics, gun related or otherwise. Hell, I own a Moonie gun, Rugers, have even bought from Gander Mountain, and use PayPal.

I've had eBay buyers purchase stuff from me for more than they could have bought locally at retail - I did not refund them the difference.

I'm simply a consumer, and in it for myself when it comes to buying.

- OS

Guest Jcochran88

I have never ordered from them and never will. I would rather pay a few more bucks to a company that I know want screw us over the next time a scare comes up.

Hero-Gear is simply too far away from me for any accessories. I will reward companies when they have the lowest price for the same item, simple as that. It is definitely about saving a buck, as I am far from wealthy!

If you boycott a company that has the lowest price of any internet retailer, then you are ripping yourself off... I guess you still have your pride though.

Yup, same here. I buy from where ever is the cheapest.

A dollar saved is a dollar earned, and my convictions doesn't make me money.

Actually I find it kinda funny really.

We're all about capitalism and supply and demand here.

But as soon as someone tries to make a buck off of all those idiots, everyone makes a big deal over it.

I don't agree with what they did, but it won't stop me buying from them if they have what I need at a good price.

Tit for tat... Let me see if I can help you out here:

Here's both. Hopefully, you can figure out which is which. :poop:

titsntats.jpg

As for how to acquire or trade one for the other... well, you're on your own there.

Good luck in your quest.

J.

Nope, that's technically not both **** and tats.

It's a tat of **** on a pair of ****. That would make it **** on **** :D

One of their catalogues shows up every month in my mail, I honestly never noticed any scare tactics on them. I guess I am not observant enough. I have spent money there over the years but never got ripped off.

Edited by Mike.357
...Actually I find it kinda funny really.

We're all about capitalism and supply and demand here.

But as soon as someone tries to make a buck off of all those idiots, everyone makes a big deal over it...

Yep, big time conservative rhetoric here, all about free enterprise, no price controls ....I find that pretty ironic, too.

- OS

Yep, big time conservative rhetoric here, all about free enterprise, no price controls ....I find that pretty ironic, too.

Since when does free market mean the consumer should ignore good service?

The two are not mutually exclusive.

No one is asking for price control or anything else, just reminding folks there were companies who jacked up prices to take advantage of a situation and companies who didn't. I don't think CTD did anything wrong, but I'm certain companies like Hero Gear did something right.

Can't see how this is hard to understand.

Edited by crimsonaudio
Since when does free market mean the consumer should ignore good service?

The two are not mutually exclusive.

No one is asking for price control or anything else, just reminding folks there were companies who jacked up prices to take advantage of a situation and companies who didn't. I don't think CTD did anything wrong, but I'm certain companies like Hero Gear did something right.

Can't see how this is hard to understand.

Oh, I totally agree....and I pay more to buy local, within reason, IF I can find it.

Everything I ever bought from CTD was stuff I can only find online, except for some ammo I bought there before their Big Gouge.

But it's silly for me to to "punish" them for selling about 20% of their items at highest possible prices by not buying the things I want from them that really are the cheapest I can find online. Hell, that just "punishes" ME.

- OS

But it's silly for me to to "punish" them for selling about 20% of their items at highest possible prices by not buying the things I want from them that really are the cheapest I can find online. Hell, that just "punishes" ME.

Possibly.

Let's just hope if you ever need service from a vendor the Hero Gears of this world are still around.

I guess I have a somewhat unique perspective as I own a business that caters to folks who appreciate the best in both product and service and are willing to pay for it. I don't compete with the Walmarts of this world, nor do I wish to.

I happen to believe that companies like mine and Joe's are worth the premium price as, ime, at some point you're going to need an expert's help.

Of course, there are tons of folks who believe that Walmart (and similar) are actually good for our country...

And for the record, there's a difference between vendors who always strive to give you a good deal and those who try to take advantage of situations in order to screw you. All transactions should be based on mutual respect, imo.

I already didn't order from them if I had a choice, anyway, so it doesn't really effect me. I always managed to get the slowest processing on my orders, and occasionally ended up with an out-of-stock item because of it without warning me until I personally checked it after waiting a while.