I'm now on the "list". Please pass the foil....

strickj

Was detained for a few moments for a 'field interview' by one of TVA's finest officers while taking these shots.

He thought it was strange for someone to be taking pictures of a 'sensitive area' at night :screwy:

When he ask for my ID, I ask him if there was a problem.

He said, " No, just checking on why you're here taking pictures at night"...."Not that I think you're a terrorist or anything, just checking".

Sooo...I suppose I'm now on that Rolling Terrorist watch list :koolaid:

If no one hears from me for a few days than you'll know why.

I'll be chained to an abandoned turbine located somewhere deep within the bowels of the dam keeping Optimus Prime company :death::tinfoil:

If that happens, then please send Mikaela to rescue me as she's the only one who can save me

91187578.jpg

85404559.jpg

85209787.jpg

28444580.jpg

And just in case anyone is wondering.

He let me go ( obviously) and told me there was nothing wrong with my pictures, and I could take as many as I wished.

(not before taking my tag number, DL info, and phone number though)

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your pics are great. Good camera work.

BUT ... What did you expect the TVA law enforcement to do? They are there to prevent / discourage any type of illegal activity. Sounds to me like the officer was simply doing his job. If it offended you that he took down your DL number and tag number, then you're off base, imo. If it had been me, I would have thanked the officer for doing his job and being so thorough. I had a truck broken into with the effort to steal it along with my boat trailer during a night fishing trip several years ago. I can assure you that I would have been thrilled if a TVA officer had written down those guy's plate number.

What's your point with this? Were you supposed to get a "pass" just because you didn't ... well ... look like a terrorist? What does a terrorist look like? What kind of car does he drive? And surely he wouldn't have been taking pics of a dam ..... :koolaid:

Now, as for you being "put on the list" ..... That's a little too much for him to be doing without just cause.

Edited by Hidalgo
Guest bkelm18
I think your pics are great. Good camera work.

BUT ... What did you expect the TVA law enforcement to do? They are there to prevent / discourage any type of illegal activity. Sounds to me like the officer was simply doing his job. If it offended you that he took down your DL number and tag number, then you're off base, imo. If it had been me, I would have thanked the officer for doing his job and being so thorough. I had a truck broken into with the effort to steal it along with my boat trailer during a night fishing trip several years ago. I can assure you that I would have been thrilled if a TVA officer had written down those guy's plate number.

What's your point with this? Were you supposed to get a "pass" just because you didn't ... well ... look like a terrorist? What does a terrorist look like? What kind of car does he drive? And surely he wouldn't have been taking pics of a dam ..... :koolaid:

Now, as for you being "put on the list" ..... That's a little too much for him to be doing without just cause.

Wow.... :death::chill::screwy::chill:

Ever hear of sarcasm? Tongue-in-cheek humor? Satire? I gather not.

Wow.... :death::chill::screwy::chill:

Ever hear of sarcasm? Tongue-in-cheek humor? Satire? I gather not.

You gather wrong. :koolaid:

I got the sarcasm of the "on the list" part. But it sounded like the OP was complaining about being bothered. If that was not the case, then I profoundly apologize.

And the post wasn't directed to YOU anyway. Must have hit a nerve ...

Guest Verbal Kint
You gather wrong. :koolaid:

I got the sarcasm of the "on the list" part. But it sounded like the OP was complaining about being bothered. If that was not the case, then I profoundly apologize.

And the post wasn't directed to YOU anyway. Must have hit a nerve ...

Actually I second the notion to just relax and realize the entire post was just sarcasm and witty humor.

Seriously doubt Strick had a problem with being questioned, and probably found humor in it himself -- thus his posting, aside from wanting to share the pictures.

Go grab some more eggnog (or whatever is on your preferred list, as I personally hate that crap) and relax. :death:

Guest TurboniumOxide

Nice shots of the DAM. John has a long mustache, I hear. I live about a mile from there. The TVA "cops" are pretty cool actually, and I, having been there done that, understood the tone of the OP. I am rather familiar with being hassled by the man. I think you missed a dose there Hildalgo.

Merry Christmas.

Actually I second the notion to just relax and realize the entire post was just sarcasm and witty humor.

Seriously doubt Strick had a problem with being questioned, and probably found humor in it himself -- thus his posting, aside from wanting to share the pictures.

Go grab some more eggnog (or whatever is on your preferred list, as I personally hate that crap) and relax. :koolaid:

Speaking of reading the entire post .....

Did you read mine? I said that if I misunderstood then my apology was offered.

Why the need to jump on after I said that?

I'm sure I'm on the list, also, with some of my posts. The pictures are way too cool and I am proud to have as company a great photographer. Don't let me see you near the railroad tracks taking pics, though. Oh, I forgot, can't use my cellphone to report you.

:)