Sig and XD SC

For you Sig guys out there. I've been an XD guy for quite some time now, but I've started looking into Sigs. I just really like the look of them.

Is there any Sig pistol that is around the same size as the XD sub compact? I need it in 9mm.

I've also been looking at the Kahr PM9 but it just doesn't seem like it's worth the price tag. Any feedback on those?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

I'd say the P239 is probably the closest. They have a new thing called the P250 2Sum, it's basically 2 pistols with interchangeable internals. It's pretty neat. You get a full size and a compact, both with the same serial number. They also have the standalone P250 compact, but the 250 series is polymer unlike the other Sigs.

Products & Services

Edited by bkelm18

Awesome. Thanks Bkelm18.

Another random question. I've only had experience with SAO and DAO triggers. On a SAO trigger you have to pull the trigger and gently let the hammer down with your thumb to decock.

Does it work the same way with SA/DA triggers? Also, would I be able to decock and let the hammer fall hard without firing a round?

Awesome. Thanks Bkelm18.

Another random question. I've only had experience with SAO and DAO triggers. On a SAO trigger you have to pull the trigger and gently let the hammer down with your thumb to decock.

Does it work the same way with SA/DA triggers? Also, would I be able to decock and let the hammer fall hard without firing a round?

The 250 is a DAO. You would not be able to decock it since there is no "cocked" position. Referring to the other sigs, I don't know if they have a decocker or not but you can decock them the same as a SAO if they dont.

Guest bkelm18
Awesome. Thanks Bkelm18.

Sigs have a decocking lever. So no need to worry about accidentally firing.

The P250 is a modular design. The serial number is on the fire control module so the "trigger assembly" is actually the "gun". You can choose different grip sizes, change the caliber etc. All it takes is money.

I have a P250c and like it a lot. It is SAO, but very smooth. And I do love the Sig sights.

Here's the specs on the P250 subcompact:

Specifications

Caliber 9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W, .45ACP

Trigger Pull DAO 5.5 - 6.5 lbs

Overall Length 6.7â€

Overall Height 4.7â€

Barrel Length 3.6â€

Sight Radius 5.5â€

Sights SIGLITE

® Night Sights

Weight w/ Mag 24.9 oz

Mag Capacity 12 (9mm), 10 (.357SIG, .40S&W)

6 (.45ACP)

Grips Interchangeable Polymer

Finishes Nitron® or Two-Tone

Here's the XD specs

Barrel: 3†Steel, Melonite, Fully Supported Ramp

Trigger pull: 5.5 - 7.7 lbs.

Length: 6.25â€

4.75†w/ Compact Mag,

Height:

5.5†w/ Extended Mag

4.75†w/ Compact Mag,

26 ozs. w/ Compact Mag,

27 ozs. w/ Extended Mag

Sounds like the XD may be similar to the SP2022. The sig may be a little bigger, but not a whole lot. I wouldn't consider it a pocket gun, but I love mine for carrying in my truck. It is a great shooting gun. It is polymer, DA/SA, with a decocking lever. The price is right at $439 for a Sig.

Sounds like the XD may be similar to the SP2022. The sig may be a little bigger, but not a whole lot. I wouldn't consider it a pocket gun, but I love mine for carrying in my truck. It is a great shooting gun. It is polymer, DA/SA, with a decocking lever. The price is right at $439 for a Sig.

I love my SP2022 40 cal.

It can be concealed, but it isn't something I would consider small. I bought mine for a truck gun although I do have a holster for it and have worn it concealed, but not very often. Concealment is such a personal feel that I would not want to say if it would work for you, although people carry larger guns every day.. I can say that the gun is a great shooter.

For you Sig guys out there. I've been an XD guy for quite some time now, but I've started looking into Sigs. I just really like the look of them.

Is there any Sig pistol that is around the same size as the XD sub compact? I need it in 9mm.

I've also been looking at the Kahr PM9 but it just doesn't seem like it's worth the price tag. Any feedback on those?

I recently got to hold the Sig p238 and I was very impressed. I don't know if you can really compare it to the XD though because it is so much smaller, you should look into in anyways though because it seems like a solid weapon... The only thing holding me back is the lack of ammo available in .380 right now.... watch this review on it by Nutnfancy

YouTube - Sig P238: Reference .380

I've got an XD and an P239. I like the XD but I love the feel of the Sig. The XD holds more ammo and its a sweet shooter but I can't seem to want to ever carry it. I have a couple other small guns (PM40, Walther PPS, Taurus revolver) but the Sig P239 is my handsdown favorite.

I've got an XD and an P239. I like the XD but I love the feel of the Sig. The XD holds more ammo and its a sweet shooter but I can't seem to want to ever carry it. I have a couple other small guns (PM40, Walther PPS, Taurus revolver) but the Sig P239 is my handsdown favorite.

If I had my druthers I would carry a gun with a 5.5 trigger pull (4.5 with combat action job) from the factory than carry one that had a 10 pound trigger pull from the factory (sig).

If I had my druthers I would carry a gun with a 5.5 trigger pull (4.5 with combat action job) from the factory than carry one that had a 10 pound trigger pull from the factory (sig).

That's where I guess we are all different. I like the heavy pull on my truck gun (Sig SP2022) because in the event you have to use it, you know that you meant to pull the trigger the first time. After the first pull, it's very short. God forbid I ever have to use it, I don't want it to go off and not really mean it to.