Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I too am apprehensive of our new coaches abilities to succeed at Tennessee, I don't thinks it fair to call his past teams talentless. The definition is: devoid of talent; not gifted. To say an NCAA Division 1 athlete is talentless is absurd. Saying he does not have the equal quality of athletes is a tad bit better way of saying it.

Not really busting balls but more just taking up for these guys who work their tail off on the gridiron. It is hard work and takes talent to compete on that level. I listen to a l;ot of sports talk radio and I get upset when talentless get said about NFL, NCAA, MLB athletes and such.

I was hoping for a bigger name to salvage the recruiting class we had. The first test for DD is to retain as many of Kiffin's class as possible. Let signing day hurry up and get here!!!

Ive said it before I will say it again, Dooley's record is not the full story, it is not the full story. They have played some really good teams, and they played very well, better than the score and W/L column shows. Big Rob, you do make a good point, his teams were not talentless, to play at that level, there is talent, just not as comparable to the teams he was competing with down in Louisiana...He competed directly with LSU, an organization that if they want you, and you are competing with La Tech, you (LSU) will win.

I think with the ability to recruit top recruits, he is going to surprise a lot of people...I hope!

Ive said it before I will say it again, Dooley's record is not the full story, it is not the full story. They have played some really good teams, and they played very well, better than the score and W/L column shows. Big Rob, you do make a good point, his teams were not talentless, to play at that level, there is talent, just not as comparable to the teams he was competing with down in Louisiana...He competed directly with LSU, an organization that if they want you, and you are competing with La Tech, you (LSU) will win.

I think with the ability to recruit top recruits, he is going to surprise a lot of people...I hope!

Well, at the very least we get a man with character, values, respect for tradition, and an understanding of football. This is a foundation upon which we may build.

So much more than what we had . . .

Oh, he was the recruiting coordinator for two years under Nick Saben at LSU, this guy knows how to recruit considering this.

During his two years as the Tigers' recruiting coordinator, Dooley helped land Chad Lavalais, Joseph Addai, Rudy Niswanger and the rest of the core of LSU's 2003 BCS title team.

Thats strong. Edited by db99wj
Guest Sgt. Joe

I thought I heard today that Kippy Brown has departed for Seattle. If so I am happy for him. The irony in it all is that he would be working for Pete Carrol

Dont get me wrong.....I DO think TN got what will be a "Great" coach once all is said and done, but it has to hard on the assistants when it seems they are always said to be being "considered" but never seem to get the job.

I think Kippy had shown his loyality and should have been given the job.

Someone said that there has to be a reason that he has always been an assistant and not a head coach and that there must be a reason......I submitt that the reason is simply that no one has yet given him the chance.

I hope what I thought I heard is true and if so GOOD LUCK Kippy, I am sure he will be missed by many at UT

GO GO GATORS......

Now about those videos...?

Edit: I heard it right

Seahawks Blog | Report: Kippy Brown to coach Seahawks receivers | Seattle Times Newspaper

Sgt. Joe,

You heard right.....Kippy left for the Seahawks.

As I gather, Kippy's issue wasn't that he didn't get the job, it's that he never got a fair consideration for the job. Apparently his "interview" was a brief, courtesy type meeting with Hamilton, who was just going through the motions after he had already decided on Dooley.

If it was between Cutcliffe and Kippy, I wanted Kippy. I'm on board with Dooley now, but it's still unfortunate to see Hamilton screw over another guy with deep ties to Rocky Top.

Fire Hamilton / Hire Fulmer

Sgt. Joe,

You heard right.....Kippy left for the Seahawks.

As I gather, Kippy's issue wasn't that he didn't get the job, it's that he never got a fair consideration for the job. Apparently his "interview" was a brief, courtesy type meeting with Hamilton, who was just going through the motions after he had already decided on Dooley.

If it was between Cutcliffe and Kippy, I wanted Kippy. I'm on board with Dooley now, but it's still unfortunate to see Hamilton screw over another guy with deep ties to Rocky Top.

Fire Hamilton / Hire Fulmer

As usual for you Sir, extremely well said!

Dear God, in the past year you have taken my favorite actor Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress Farrah Fawcett, my favorite news anchor Walter Kronkite, my favorite athlete Steve McNair, and my favorite...... tv pitchman Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know my favorite coach is Lane Kiffin

Dear God, in the past year you have taken my favorite actor Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress Farrah Fawcett, my favorite news anchor Walter Kronkite, my favorite athlete Steve McNair, and my favorite...... tv pitchman Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know my favorite coach is Lane Kiffin

You cant be serious about lame kitten?

You cant be serious about lame kitten?
Read the whole thing again.