Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

Guest Bluemax
so no one seems happy about Dooley.

Who exactly was Hamilton supposed to hire? Everyone he offered it to, and from the sounds of things he did offer it to everyone, has turned UT down.

Kid youself that they are turning Hamilton down, they are turning UT down.

Sad but true

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one, think, if in fact it happens, Dooley will do fine. I'm good with it. I like the enthusiasm, as shown in the youtube stuff that he would bring. I hate when a coach sees a bad play, grimaces as if taking a dump, and goes on. Need some enthusiasm!

so no one seems happy about Dooley.

Who exactly was Hamilton supposed to hire? Everyone he offered it to, and from the sounds of things he did offer it to everyone, has turned UT down.

Kid youself that they are turning Hamilton down, they are turning UT down.

Kippy, that's who. He has close ties to UT obviously. He has the experience, the players know what to expect and the man deserves a chance to prove himself.

Guest Bluemax
Yeah,

He should have gotten called for slapping the face mask which should have resulted in a 15 yard penatly and automatic first down.

He didn't slap the kid he slapped his helmet...remember your referring to the next coach of the freiken TENNESSE VOLUNTEERS and if this is the case I'm gonna support this guy :hiding::tough:

He has almost 2 decades of coaching experience (17 years I think). Hell, Kiffin had a 5-15 record(I think) when UT hired him and virtually no experience.

Dooley was a good ole man he lived below the mill

Dooley had two daughters and a forty gallon still

One gal watched the boiler, the other watched the spout

And momma corked the bottles when old Dooley pulled them out.

There you go.

Dooley was a good ole man he lived below the mill

Dooley had two daughters and a forty gallon still

One gal watched the boiler, the other watched the spout

And momma corked the bottles when old Dooley pulled them out.

There you go.

I was just trying to find ("efforting" as they say now) to find that clip from the Darlings on the Andy Griffith Show. :bowrofl:

He didn't slap the kid he slapped his helmet...remember your referring to the next coach of the freiken TENNESSE VOLUNTEERS and if this is the case I'm gonna support this guy :bowrofl::tough:

Dude,

I was just kidding around. Dont take everything you read on a forum seriously.

Dooley Resigns Posts at LA Tech

Van De Velde named acting AD; Scelfo named interim head coach

DeliciousDiggFacebookGoogleMySpaceTwitterYahoo

Jan. 15, 2010

RUSTON - Louisiana Tech President Dan Reneau announced Friday that head football coach and athletic director Derek Dooley has resigned his posts effective immediately.

Dooley, hired as the head football coach at Tech Dec. 17, 2006 and then promoted to the dual role of athletic director on March 6, 2008, will accept the position of head football coach at the University of Tennessee.

courtesy of the LA tech website that was posted.
Guest Sgt. Joe
Who/What do they ideally need?

Someone who would accept "Right Now" so as not to embarrass the school with multiple turn downs. Well that part didnt work so well but it could have been worse.

Someone for whom it would be a step UP Check, I am sure he is pumped up as well as his bank account.

Someone with ties to the SEC Check, his own and plenty thru his dad.

Someone with Head Coaching experience and some success with such Check, done well enough with what he had. Seemed to get his kids UP for the bigger teams and he has more talent to work with now.

Someone who could handle the discipline problems. Double head slap check,:) if he cant slap them into shape he can defend them in court:p Really I would think someone who gets a Law Degree and then goes into coaching would be taking it seriously. This guy may be around for a long while.

Someone who could recruit for UT successfully "Right Now" To be determined, but I think given a year or two he should be competing with the big boys in the SEC. If he can win early even better.

All in all if the kid learned anything from his dad he should be just fine, and I think he will be.....SEE Ya in September.

Go Go Gators..........

Guest Bluemax
Dude,

I was just kidding around. Dont take everything you read on a forum seriously.

I haven't been called "Dude" in a while, I kinda thought that went out with the mullet..trust me the comment I made wasn't based on anything I read on this forum but only the hope that whomever is picked to be the next head coach of the Volunteers is that the fans rally around them for the sake of tradition, the players, and the improvement of our program

But thanks for your concern :):screwy:

I'm a Tennessee fan, so Derek Dooley is now my Coach, and I'll cheer just as loud at his Vol Walk as I did for Fulmer.

It's not Dooley's fault that Kiffin hung one in us, and it's not Dooley's fault that Hamilton is a sucktastic AD.

So, rally 'round the flag boys and let's go get 'em !!

24-T_large.jpg

Who knows ? With better facilities and talent, Derek may have some of his old man in him............200 wins and a National Title at Georgia....surely some of that rubbed off !

I'm a Tennessee fan, so Derek Dooley is now my Coach, and I'll cheer just as loud at his Vol Walk as I did for Fulmer.

It's not Dooley's fault that Kiffin hung one in us, and it's not Dooley's fault that Hamilton is a sucktastic AD.

So, rally 'round the flag boys and let's go get 'em !!

24-T_large.jpg

Who knows ? With better facilities and talent, Derek may have some of his old man in him............200 wins and a National Title at Georgia....surely some of that rubbed off !

Very, very well said, Sir!