Am I the lone cynic here?....

Guest HexHead

Guest HexHead

If Brown is successful in MA on Tuesday, and derails 0bama's health care bill, does anyone else think that it's going to be pay back time?

Conventional wisdom is that the Dems learned their lesson in 1994 with the AWB and won't come after guns again less they will be voted out again. But if even in the bluest of states, they can't hold onto Ted Kennedy's old seat they may start to think they have nothing to lose if they come after guns?

0bama could be so pissed over the health care thing, he might unleash Carolyn McCarthy, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Fienstein and AG Holder to have their way on gun owners while they still have control of the Congress to pass "sensible gun legislation".

I wouldn't put it past him, after all, it is the Chicago way....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jcochran88

Hex man I understand what your thinking, but you are forgetting these guys don't care about anything except themselves so if they can try to weasel their way to keep their seat they will. So no I don't see them going after guns.

I don't expect the Massachusetts leopards to change their spots. The Democrat will win.

Depending on the poll Brown is up anywhere from 4 to 9 pts. Obama got heckled today at the Coakley gathering, plus they couldn't fill the auditorium up.

On the other hand at Brown's gathering was jammed packed and lined out the street. Even Seiu purple shirts have been seen carrying Brown Signs.

Hope Brown wins, seems like he has the Big MO going into the election.

They're going to do that(AWB) anyway. It's potentially in the Healthcare Bill already.

They all need to be run out of office before it happens. They are not voting what the

constituents expect. They know what they are doing and are willing to sacrifice their

political heads just like any half witted altruist will, because they are in on something

we're not. Two idiot dems are giving up their congressional seats for what? What kind of deal has Tanner got? What about Gordon?

enfield, how can he stop an election legally? You referred to that possibility in another post. That would be enough to start another civil war over, wouldn't it?

The problem is, there are still plenty of Dems who don't support heavy gun control. I would say enough that any such law would get voted down pretty quickly.

Matthew

+1...political suicide at the moment. I bet you don't see much traction on the AWB until Obama's (God forbid) 2nd term. Btw, when the heck is the GOP going to trot out someone electable?

From what I understand, a chimp could run a better political campaign than Coakley.

Brown, on the other hand, won the hearts of so many in his state and the US when he rebutted that the senate seat wasn't Ted Kennedy's but the belonged to the people of Massachusetts.

Of course the Democratic apparachniks have said it may take as long as 10 days to 2 weeks to seat Mr. Brown, yet they swore in the distinguished jacka$$ from Minnesota even before the election was over. (then again, they "found" votes for him in abandoned cars and in the morgue..literally more people from minneapolis voted for him than actually lived in the city...go figure)

These folks will do what it takes to pass their health care bill short of reconciliation. To do that means that they'd have to start all over again and they can't afford to take that time. the longer they haggle over this, the deader it gets.

With Brown looming on the horizon as the man to axe their bid for control, you can bet they'll try something fishy, even with so many folks watching.

According to Brown's atty's, as of the 19th, the interim senater is no long allowed to vote by Ma law, the constitution and senate privilage, if true he wins Obamacare is dead.

Actually it still might live. Dem could go back to Olympia Snowe and try to rework a deal with her.

Edited by JG55
Btw, when the heck is the GOP going to trot out someone electable?

WE can NOT wait for the GOP and Michael Steel to pick anyone FOR US! We must pick them ourselves. Screw the GOP and Michael Steele, they are idiots. And the liberal left will just jump in as they have in the past and vote in Republican primaries and select the weakest and most easily beatable candidate FOR US. We MUST select someone that the majority of the people stand behind, no matter what the two major parties think of them.

Most likely a new face will emerge that most people have never heard of before. I personally would put forth someone like Marsha Blackburn, Michelle Bachman, or even Sarah Palin, etc. I had been writing Sarah Palin encouraging her participation in politics on a national level when she was Governor of Alaska well over a year before the majority of the rest of the United States had ever even heard of her. We were stuck with McLame thanks to lefties voting in our primaries, but McLame blew the world's mind when he selected Palin as his V.P. The campaign went down the tubes mostly because of his not being willing to call out Obama for what he was, the media's fabricated attacks on Palin only being secondary leading to the loss.

I doubt Michael Steele will be in much of the process. His popularity in the ranks are falling.

Hex, I don't think you're being cynical. They have said this is what they were going to do from the beginning. Obama was the one lying after the coronation. Before the election he was saying he was going to "fundamently transform this country" and

"spread the wealth" and build a "Civilian National Security Force", etc. All that tells

me is that they are going to try to ram through every bit of his liberal agenda before

or to prevent the liberal loss of power. It's not cynicism when they outright tell us.

It's a threat to our sovereignty and it needs to be guarded against. It's not cynicism,

but a reality people have started to finally see it for what it is: Marxism, or just plain old Communism, whatever your flavor, it's still tyranny.

Guest HexHead
I doubt Michael Steele will be in much of the process. His popularity in the ranks are falling.

Hex, I don't think you're being cynical. They have said this is what they were going to do from the beginning. Obama was the one lying after the coronation. Before the election he was saying he was going to "fundamently transform this country" and

"spread the wealth" and build a "Civilian National Security Force", etc. All that tells

me is that they are going to try to ram through every bit of his liberal agenda before

or to prevent the liberal loss of power. It's not cynicism when they outright tell us.

It's a threat to our sovereignty and it needs to be guarded against. It's not cynicism,

but a reality people have started to finally see it for what it is: Marxism, or just plain old Communism, whatever your flavor, it's still tyranny.

My cynicism isn't so much will they do it, but will they accelerate the timetable as retribution if his centerpiece health care reform is snatched from the jaws of certain victory?

My cynicism isn't so much will they do it, but will they accelerate the timetable as retribution if his centerpiece health care reform is snatched from the jaws of certain victory?

If Brown wins it might pave the way for a filibuster for what ever obama brings on. I think they have already accelerated the timetable, but I see bigger issues for them before another AWB. Cap and Trade, Sticking their noses in other industries, etc....

I think it's possible what you are saying, but the harder they push, the more it backfires on them.

They're going to push their agenda until it reaches back and bites them in the ass.When

these kind of progressives start to get scared, they also start to real dangerous. They are already using tactics like Hugo Chavez. Intimidation, lies and such. The healthcare bill will be an attempt at force, not in the beginning, but wait until 2013 when it goes full force. If you think that female czar-like witch wants to use swat teams to go into neighborhoods to get everyone's windows changed(Serious Materials), imagine what a healthcare bill that no one has seen will be like. That's the way these people think. If they keep it up, it will be time for a real Tea Party.

Guest forrestcav

Sign over my reloading bench. "They can have my gun when I run out of bullets"

The best thing we can do is get involved in the GOP and change it from within, force them to nominate more people like Brown. Get back to our conservative roots. Then throw the who lot of bums out!!!

If they do, it's political suicide for them. Some Dems were threatening that,

yesterday. And then there was Barney Fwank wanting to change the Senate rules. Not being a senator, I wonder how he could do that. Hinting to Reid.

They are pondering their political future, right now, and we will see a lot of Dems change, in order to get re-elected. It's the radical left that was left out in the blowing cold, yesterday. We still have a lot of work to do.

Looks Like they are going to slow down the health care push until Brown gets seated. They are either feeling the heat or think the can buy another vote.

FOXNews.com - White House Reduces Expectation of Passing Health Care Reform

Updated January 20, 2010

White House Reduces Expectation of Passing Health Care Reform

FOXNews.com

Shell-shocked by the victory of Republican Scott Brown in the Massachusetts U.S. Senate special election, the White House is offering mixed messages on whether Congress will pass health care this year.

"I think it's always hard to tell how these things sort out in the first hours," President Obama's senior adviser David Axelrod told Fox News on Wednesday when asked if health care was now dead. "I think people are trying to figure this out. We'll know more soon. I don't believe we came all this way and are going to walk away from it. I think it would be a terrible mistake."

But asked again whether he was sure Congress would pass health care, Axelrod hesitated.

"I believe there is going to be a will to move forward," Axelrod said. "The benefits of doing it are much greater than the peril of not moving forward at this point."

At his daily briefing, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Obama's team and Democrats in Congress were "working through the best way forward" and that includes exploring "a lot of different paths."

He also offered a more positive outlook for health care.

"We can and should get health care reform done this year," he said.

Gibbs said the White House "bears some responsibility," for the frustration that fueled Brown's stunning victory over Democrat Martha Coakley. Brown is the first Republican elected to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts since 1966. Brooke was re-elected in 1972.

Brown's election gives Senate Republicans their 41st no vote against any bill requiring a 60-vote majority. He campaigned that he would use it to stop health care, a pledge he effectively kept even before entering Congress.

As a result of the victory, talks have broken down and House Democrats do not have a prospective roadmap on how to get out of the legislative and political cul-de-sac that is health care.

Beginning Thursday, Democratic leaders are meeting with every constituency in the caucus -- from Blue Dogs to the Hispanic and black caucuses and the progressives -- to take the temperature and perhaps develop a plan over the next three weeks.

Democrats may elect to pass portions of health care in a piecemeal fashion or even punt the entire issue if the appetite isn't there. Senior aides gave conflicting accounts Wednesday of the way forward. Some said Democrats are looking at developing a "procedural" strategy first that would develop an operational plan to move changes through both chambers of Congress, and then insert the policy.

But a senior House Democrat said the plan would probably be the opposite -- figuring out what policy elements were workable and then figuring out the procedure.

Speaking to ABC on Wednesday, President Obama said he wants to alert the American people of the substance of the package in order to reduce the "fear mongering" around the bill.

"I would advise that we try to move quickly to coalesce around those elements of the package that people agree on. We know that we need insurance reform, that the health insurance companies are taking advantage of people. We know that we have to have some form of cost containment because if we don't, then our budgets are going to blow up and we know that small businesses are going to need help so that they can provide health insurance to their families," the president said.

After Brown's victory Tuesday night, Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., called on the Senate to stop all health care legislation until Brown is seated. President Obama told ABC he agreed.

"The Senate certainly shouldn't try to jam anything through until Scott Brown is seated. People in Massachusetts spoke. He's got to be part of that process," he said.

Fox News' Major Garrett and Chad Pergram contributed to this report.

</div>

Edited by Batman